You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

A hypothetical quandry I have been musing is if I preferred us to have got an underwhelming Coutinho replacement in during January, like Lanzini who may still do enough for us to scramble 4th, or hold out for Klopp's first choice in the summer hoping this isnt a myth/Keita. Think Ill just about plump for the latter

ALISSON LINKED WITH LIVERPOOL. SOMEONE THINKS HE’S GOOD

From one superb goalkeeper to another. Roma’s Alisson is surely the best stopper in Serie A on current form, so it’s no surprise he is also being linked with a move.

Not quite sold on the source here, former Roma coach Roberto Negrisolo. I’m sure he means well, but does he actually have any sway? No, he just thinks that Alisson is really good.

Anyway, here’s what Negrisolo has to say:

“Is Alisson worth €50m? Don’t be silly, he’s worth far more than that. I don’t think many people have realised who Alisson is. This guy is a phenomenon. He is the number one of number ones. He is the Messi of goalkeepers, because he has the same mentality as Messi. He is a goalkeeper who can mark an era.

“There is absolutely no comparison with Gianluigi Donnarumma, because Alisson is extraordinary. The first time I saw him play, he wasn’t yet on the Roma books. I watched him play for Brazil and he made an enormous impression on me.

Liverpool reportedly want him in the summer. It makes a huge amount of sense

LIVERPOOL GOING BACK IN ON LEMAR

To the Independent now, and their claim that Liverpool will go back in for Thomas Lemar this summer.

It’s sensible stuff, given that Liverpool bid £78m for Lemar last summer and will have been reassured by the news that the 22-year-old has turned down a new contract at Monaco.

They say that Lemar still prefers a move to Liverpool over Arsenal, a position that hasn’t changed since last summer. Fair enough, looking at the Premier League table

France and Monaco forward Thomas Lemar, 22, is not on Liverpool's list of targets for the summer transfer window. (Liverpool Echo)

James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho 14m14 minutes ago

#LFC cool interest in Thomas Lemar. No longer a target as Klopp looks at other options for the summer.

I agree on Pulisic but I can't see how Dortmund part with any less than Dembele went for and I don't see us paying that although if we ever were to it would be on him.

If they overpay on Pulisic it will be because how much they think he can bring in if he becomes the face of US football