You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Dembele would be incredible. That front 4

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is determined to bring a £135m Barcelona star to Anfield this summer, a report claims.

According to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo, the German boss is intent on signing Ousmane Dembele from the LaLiga champions in the upcoming transfer window.

The Champions League finalists unveiled the shock signing of Monaco midfielder Fabinho on Monday, with the Brazil international officially arriving on July 1 in a deal believed to be worth £44million.

However, Klopp is not content with just Fabinho, and is hoping to add an exciting winger to his ranks before the 2018-19 campaign.

The report claims that Klopp is personally fighting a battle with Liverpool’s transfer committee about a move for Dembele, who arrived in a €150m deal from Dortmund last summer.

Mundo Deportivo goes on to claim that Klopp wishes to contact Dembele and his mother about a move to Anfield, who could apparently be available for £88million.

Klopp wants Dembele but the transfer committee want Scott Sinclair.

Impeccable source.

Fucking hell... that somehow reminded me of Rodgers’ first summer; Borini, Allen, Yesil, and Şahin. Lucky he followed it up with a fantastic January window.

Fucking hell... that somehow reminded me of Rodgers’ first summer; Borini, Allen, Yesil, and Şahin. Lucky he followed it up with a fantastic January window.

Don’t forget the lesser-spotted Assaidi.

Even though Brendan evidently did.

So Fabinho has signed for £40m and we’re spending £60m on Fekir and £88m on Dembele. That only leaves us with £12m out of the rumoured £200m WAR CHEST.

Let’s see what Atletico Madrid say when we turn up and slap £12m, Loris Karius, Lazar Markovic and the ashes of Daniel Sturridge on the table for Jan Oblak and offer to quadruple his current £50k p/w wages.

• Upvote 3

Don’t forget the lesser-spotted Assaidi.

Even though Brendan evidently did.

On Borini:

“I think the supporters will love him. He’s a goalscorer, but he’s a multifunctional player who can play in a number of positions – and someone I believe has got great growth.”

“He’s technically strong, he’s a good finisher with both feet, he can play central or on the sides in a 4-3-3 up front, he’s quick, and he’s tactically very good.”

“He is arguably the best physical player I’ve worked with in terms of his pace, power and fitness.

“Mentally, he’s very strong. We’ve got a player who is on the up and someone who I think Liverpool will benefit from.”

On Allen:

“He’s been a massive revelation and it’s great credit to Swansea and his upbringing that he has come in here and been arguably our best player.

“He’s been phenomenal with his precision in his passing, his technique and his vision.

“And it’s great for Liverpool supporters because they were probably not sure of the £15m fee – but they have been surprised.”

“He’s just strolled in here and not many people will have known him.

“But if you ask anyone here, including the players, they will know him now.”

On your boy Assaidi

“He’s an exciting player – someone who can take people on. He gets crosses in and has got an end product.

“That’s important because I like players at the top end of the field who have that invention, fight and ability to score goals.

“He’s good on one v ones and is a technical player who is strong and uses his body well.

• Upvote 1

So Fabinho has signed for £40m and we’re spending £60m on Fekir and £88m on Dembele. That only leaves us with £12m out of the rumoured £200m WAR CHEST.

Let’s see what Atletico Madrid say when we turn up and slap £12m, Loris Karius, Lazar Markovic and the ashes of Daniel Sturridge on the table for Jan Oblak and offer to quadruple his current £50k p/w wages.

'Would you considering throwing in Danny Ings' bird, as well?'

Sussed it out

Goalkeeper merry-go-round 2018

Courtois leaves Chelsea for Real Madrid

Keylar Navas leaves Madrid for Roma

Alisson leaves Roma for Chelsea

Kepa leaves Bilbao for Atletico

Oblak joins Liverpool

Mingolet/Karius or Bogdan join Bilbao

Sussed it out

Goalkeeper merry-go-round 2018

Courtois leaves Chelsea for Real Madrid

Keylar Navas leaves Madrid for Roma

Alisson leaves Roma for Chelsea

Kepa leaves Bilbao for Atletico

Oblak joins Liverpool

Mingolet/Karius and Bogdan join Bilbao

Ideal, mate.

On Borini:

“I think the supporters will love him. He’s a goalscorer, but he’s a multifunctional player who can play in a number of positions – and someone I believe has got great growth.”

“He’s technically strong, he’s a good finisher with both feet, he can play central or on the sides in a 4-3-3 up front, he’s quick, and he’s tactically very good.”

“He is arguably the best physical player I’ve worked with in terms of his pace, power and fitness.

“Mentally, he’s very strong. We’ve got a player who is on the up and someone who I think Liverpool will benefit from.”

On Allen:

“He’s been a massive revelation and it’s great credit to Swansea and his upbringing that he has come in here and been arguably our best player.

“He’s been phenomenal with his precision in his passing, his technique and his vision.

“And it’s great for Liverpool supporters because they were probably not sure of the £15m fee – but they have been surprised.”

“He’s just strolled in here and not many people will have known him.

“But if you ask anyone here, including the players, they will know him now.”

On your boy Assaidi

“He’s an exciting player – someone who can take people on. He gets crosses in and has got an end product.

“That’s important because I like players at the top end of the field who have that invention, fight and ability to score goals.

“He’s good on one v ones and is a technical player who is strong and uses his body well.

That stuff on Borini is mind-bending.

Being promised you've signed Arnie from Twins and you get Danny DeVito.

• Upvote 2

I think in hindsight, the club is fortunate that any teething problems the transfer committee did have appear to have been sorted out before Klopp came along. Now it seems like it's a well-oiled machine. Long may it continue. 

• Upvote 1