You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Jan 13-15 2018)

tlw content

jordonibe_arsenal.jpg

The main event may have been at Anfield on Sunday, but there were a few decent bouts on the undercard too. It was a decent weekend for us as both Chelsea and Arsenal dropped points, but Spurs and United both rolled over hapless losers in the shape of Everton and Stoke respectively. I’ll get to all that in good time though. 

I’ll kick things off with West Ham, who are having something of a surprising revival under Moyes. I have no idea how that is happening, and let’s be honest, Moyes probably doesn’t either. Nevertheless, they’re picking up points and no longer look to be in too much trouble. 

Huddersfield conceded the stupidest goal of the weekend when their determination to play out from the back presented Mark Noble with a gift to make it 1-0. It was fucking ridiculous. West Ham had pushed right up to the edge of the box to prevent the keeper passing it out, everybody was marked, but he just went and did it anyway, putting the wonderfully named Joe Lolley in all sorts of trouble. He lost the ball and Noble fired the Hammers in front. 

Lolley made amends soon after when he curled in a brilliant equaliser, but West Ham ran away with it in the second half as Arnautovic found the net 10 seconds after the restart and they never looked back. Lanzini scored twice but that’s probably not enough to make up for the ludicrous showboating he’d been guilty of earlier when he tried to lob the keeper with a rabona from 20 yards. 

I’d have wrung his neck if I was his manager there. He’s a good player, I quite like him, but that’s a massive red flag that. He’s one of the players we might be looking at to replace Coutinho and apparently there are people at the club who do like him, but imagine Klopp if one of his players wasted a chance by doing that shit? 

Anyway, moving on. Everton’s revival has hit the skids and they had yet another game without a shot on target as they were spanked by Spurs. Son and Kane did most of the damage, while Eriksen also got on the scoresheet late on. It was embarrassingly one sided and Spurs just had their own way without even really breaking sweat.

Son was great and everyone seems to love him. I like him too, but these stupid fucking handshakes are turning me off. I'm beginning to suspect that he might actually have been the criminal mastermind behind that shit that Kane and Alli were doing last season. 

Speaking of handshakes, this might be the worst video I've ever seen, and bear in mind a few weeks ago I saw a video of some poor defenceless lad being shot and killed by a copper in the US. You'll hate me for inflicting this on you, but one of my mates inflicted it on me so tough shit.

Allardyce knows what Everton need to do though. They need to be ‘more boring’. Boss that. Reminds me of that episode of the Simpsons when Homer decides he needs to get fatter. 

I also love that he wants Everton to be at the back end of MOTD rather than the front. He’s right, their rightful place is last on the running order, but having spent years bitching about being overlooked by MOTD, their fans are gonna love that. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the rest of the article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

Dyche was asked about it and denied it all, saying he was only pretending to eat them just for ‘banter’. The whole thing is dead funny and I’m not gonna lie, it has made me dislike him a little bit less, even if he did use the ‘b’ word.

Boogeyman?

article_img.jpg

"I'm the Boogeyman, and I'm comin' to getcha! Hahahahaha!!!!"

I noticed on MotD that the Burney left back gave Zaha a slight nudge in the back on the touchline, Zaha slips and falls into a cameraman. Burney player gets booked. Yet Holgate....... If Firmino gets charged, LFC need to make a big point about the FA's warped sense of priorities and lack of consistency. (I acknowledge though, that if we did that, we'd have the usual BS and spin about 'victims' and tolerance of racism)

Yeah I saw that. I didn't even think the Burnley player did anything wrong, and it was Zaha's reaction that got him booked. I think Zaha just felt embarrassed and the way he went tumbling into the cameraman and he wanted to lash out, because what Holgate did was a million times worse than what Taylor did.