You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bottom (The opening credits in particular)

Bjornebye

Is it on Netflix or anything, I could do with watching some of them again?

I pulled an Irish bird one night a few years ago, we went back to her house & half way up the stairs she started telling me she was in love with some other bloke & so we couldn't do anything. This was deepest darkest Leith at about 3:30am so I couldn't be arsed getting a Phil Babb all the way home, when we got in to her flat she put a DVD of Bottom on which I was astounded by & we sat & pissed ourselves at it for ages. I can just remember waking up on her couch with a stinking hangover & that intro music stuck on repeat.

• Upvote 2

Is it on Netflix or anything, I could do with watching some of them again?

I pulled an Irish bird one night a few years ago, we went back to her house & half way up the stairs she started telling me she was in love with some other bloke & so we couldn't do anything. This was deepest darkest Leith at about 3:30am so I couldn't be arsed getting a Phil Babb all the way home, when we got in to her flat she put a DVD of Bottom on which I was astounded by & we sat & pissed ourselves at it for ages. I can just remember waking up on her couch with a stinking hangover & that intro music stuck on repeat.

wO3u3rT.gif

• Upvote 4

I'm still gutted that Rik died so young, probably my all time hero and i loved almost everything he did (apart from The New Statesman, which i just couldn't get into). The Dangerous Brothers were hugely underrated and all of the best Comic Strip (and Blackadder) episodes were the ones with Rik in. 

I'm in my mid forties now and up to Rik dying i'd say that not much really affected me, in terms of "celebrity deaths". Him, George Michael and Prince all going in two years of each other all affected me as it felt like it really was major, major parts of my youth dying.   

• Upvote 4

I'm still gutted that Rik died so young, probably my all time hero and i loved almost everything he did (apart from The New Statesman, which i just couldn't get into). The Dangerous Brothers were hugely underrated and all of the best Comic Strip (and Blackadder) episodes were the ones with Rik in. 

I'm in my mid forties now and up to Rik dying i'd say that not much really affected me, in terms of "celebrity deaths". Him, George Michael and Prince all going in two years of each other all affected me as it felt like it really was major, major parts of my youth dying.   

Completely agree with all of that. I'm still gutted as well. I remember him right back to his Kevin Turvey days.

With regards to Blackadder it took a serious talent to steal a scene from the likes of Rowan Atkinson and Stephen Fry with just a 3 minute cameo. 

I was talking on Twitter recently to Ivana Milicevic (Carrie in Banshee), just greasing her up telling her how Banshee was my 2nd favourite telly show of all time.

"Let me guess, Game of Thrones is your favourite? "

"No love, my favourite is Bottom"

Not sure she's seen it but she liked my tweet anyway.

• Upvote 1