You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22nd Jan PL, The Swans better Duck, the Liver Birds are in town. Swansea v Liverpool

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

After that win against City we need to knuckle down and take our show on the road again. 

Clever heads lad, do the basics right and we should collect another 3 points. Hopefully big Virgil is fit. 

Can't see us creating much against an eleven man defence, the exact type of game where selling Coutinho will show.  We've about 30 of those games in a league season too.

As great as our midfield were today and they were fucking great, it's a different type of test and one that requires guile and creativity that none of them have ever shown over a prolonged run of games.

Hopefully van Dijk is back so we can at least prove a threat from set pieces.

Guest Pistonbroke

Can't see us creating much against an eleven man defence, the exact type of game where selling Coutinho will show.  We've about 30 of those games in a league season too.

As great as our midfield were today and they were fucking great, it's a different type of test and one that requires guile and creativity that none of them have ever shown over a prolonged run of games.

Hopefully van Dijk is back so we can at least prove a threat from set pieces.

If you won the lottery jackpot you'd be the type to whinge about having to eventually pay higher taxes than others. Cheer up man. 

Guest Pistonbroke

I fancy us to score 3.  

I just hope that's enough. 

Should be, I doubt Swansea have scored more than two this season, they normally struggle to score one. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Mig, TAA, Matip, VVD, Robertson, Emre Can, Lallana, Oxlade Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino, Mane. 4-1 to the reds, mane with 2.

Mig won't start, Klopp told German DAZN that Karius will be staying as number 1. 

Guest Pistonbroke

you know what you've just done there don't you Gord

I love tempting fate, especially when the odds are stacked in my favour. 

I honestly think we'll brush them away mate, they have showed signs of improvement but that new manager period will be over now and they need to graft just to get draws. Our lads must be on cloud 9 and I'm sure Klopp will have them up for it without thinking they just need to turn up. We also have the luxury of rotating a few new faces in if needed/fit again, although playing Monday gives us an extra rest. 

It’s the sort of game that in seasons gone by we slip up on. Indeed even this season we have far too many draws on the board. But it looks to me like we’ve found a bit more resilience. The addition of VVD will help loads with that, but even before he came we strung a few gritty wins together, as well as the easy ones where the football flowed.

We’ve all been burned before so I feel it’s dangerous to say, but I’m expecting a comfortable win.

Be patient, work hard, and as the game unfolds chances will present themselves. We have too much going forward to be stopped, and Swansea are not the sort of team to knock us out of our stride.

4-0 to Liverpool, with goals from Mane, Salah, Ox and VVD.