You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

I’ve seen Holgate say the same thing to the ref and to I think it was Schneiderlin that he called him the “N” word, if Firmino said it in Portuguese then Holgate being bilingual is the biggest shock of everything! And if Bobby said it in English, he’d have had the ref and about 10 players hear it who didn’t seem to react at all in a way that suggested anything he said was racist, the “N” word is the same in every language so there would have been plenty of people who heard it.

What people are grasping at is not when he called him a Puta because Holgate clearly doesn’t react to that, it’s what he may or may not have said when Kenny walks in between Firmino and the camera, there’s bound to be other angles to clear up if Firmino even said a word when this happened because it’s at this point that Holgate loses his shit. Personally I think Holgate has thought he heard something that wasn’t said and he’ll come out and apologise, the bad thing is it’s already began and Bobby is now a racist, he won’t change that narrative for ages now, even if Holgate comes out and says it didn’t happen. It’s the bullshit society we live in, read other fans comments, he’s already guilty of being racist before any kind of investigation has took place. It all takes away from the fact Holgate should have been sent off and should get a respective ban for 1. Pushes Firmino into the hoarding, which is violent conduct. 2. Man handling the referee when he went mad and 3. For accusing Firmino of calling him the “N” which has potential to ruin someone’s life.

Anyway wasn’t this cleared up yesterday in The Mirrors match report, I’m sure I read that Everton officials spoke to Holgate and informed him of what was said and it was all a mistake and settled? This just stinks of the media trying to create a story that’s nothing more than a jumped up little prick pushing Firmino into the hoarding and hiding behind the ref when Bobby charged at him.

This is what appeared by Maddock in the Mirror. If that is accurate then it shouldn't take long to clear up. Im not buying that Holgate was fabricating stuff more a genuine misunderstanding. The suggestion that someone would cry racism to avoid a red card against a person of the same skin colour seems a strange way to interpret things. I would like to think once Holgate misunderstood he ensures Firmino is cleared of any wrongdoing asap. 

DS0_Te_M0_W4_AAKZWO.jpg

I’ve seen Holgate say the same thing to the ref and to I think it was Schneiderlin that he called him the “N” word, if Firmino said it in Portuguese then Holgate being bilingual is the biggest shock of everything! And if Bobby said it in English, he’d have had the ref and about 10 players hear it who didn’t seem to react at all in a way that suggested anything he said was racist, the “N” word is the same in every language so there would have been plenty of people who heard it.

What people are grasping at is not when he called him a Puta because Holgate clearly doesn’t react to that, it’s what he may or may not have said when Kenny walks in between Firmino and the camera, there’s bound to be other angles to clear up if Firmino even said a word when this happened because it’s at this point that Holgate loses his shit. Personally I think Holgate has thought he heard something that wasn’t said and he’ll come out and apologise, the bad thing is it’s already began and Bobby is now a racist, he won’t change that narrative for ages now, even if Holgate comes out and says it didn’t happen. It’s the bullshit society we live in, read other fans comments, he’s already guilty of being racist before any kind of investigation has took place. It all takes away from the fact Holgate should have been sent off and should get a respective ban for 1. Pushes Firmino into the hoarding, which is violent conduct. 2. Man handling the referee when he went mad and 3. For accusing Firmino of calling him the “N” which has potential to ruin someone’s life.

Anyway wasn’t this cleared up yesterday in The Mirrors match report, I’m sure I read that Everton officials spoke to Holgate and informed him of what was said and it was all a mistake and settled? This just stinks of the media trying to create a story that’s nothing more than a jumped up little prick pushing Firmino into the hoarding and hiding behind the ref when Bobby charged at him.

No. According to the Echo, “Madley has filed an extraordinary incident report detailing the incident in question, which will be received by the FA on Monday”.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-firmino-mason-holgate--14120511

I'm discusted that we haven't sacked him yet. He's guilty. Twitter said so...

You'd like to think that if what Maddock said in The Mirror is accurate, that it was all just a misunderstanding which was clarified at half time, then Everton (or possibly even us) would release a statement saying that an on pitch allegation was made but that no formal complaint will be made.

This thread is a disgrace.

Only joking, I think we needed it, the discussion was clogging up the match threads, good to have it all in one place.

I take it back, seems like people would rather have the debate in various other threads.

Might as well delete this one then.

No. According to the Echo, “Madley has filed an extraordinary incident report detailing the incident in question, which will be received by the FA on Monday”.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-firmino-mason-holgate--14120511

Which is standard procedure in these scenarios, if he hasn’t heard it or is even 1% doubtful it happened he can’t send me off or punish him can he? All he’s allowed to do which he did, was go and tell the fourth official that an incident had occurred where someone has alleged a racial slur was made. What else Madley meant to do? He’s reported it and in his report will probably say he hasn’t heard it, because like I said if he clearly heard it Firmino would have been off straight away, and unless different camera angles are shown where Firmino clearly says something I’d guess that will be the end of it and Holgate or Everton will release a statement apologising to Bobby and us.

I’d expect that it’s FA code for a Ref to report anything like this just to cover the refs back in the event something was said.

Madley is more than like following the book here. As in, he’s been made aware that Holgate thinks something was said, he doesn’t think something was said, both players have sorted it out between them, there was a miss understanding. Report closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is standard procedure in these scenarios, if he hasn’t heard it or is even 1% doubtful it happened he can’t send me off or punish him can he? All he’s allowed to do which he did, was go and tell the fourth official that an incident had occurred where someone has alleged a racial slur was made. What else Madley meant to do? He’s reported it and in his report will probably say he hasn’t heard it, because like I said if he clearly heard it Firmino would have been off straight away, and unless different camera angles are shown where Firmino clearly says something I’d guess that will be the end of it and Holgate or Everton will release a statement apologising to Bobby and us.

The last bit, think Hell would freeze over before Everton would apologies to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The online judge and jurying is ridiculous though. The logic behind it contains the fallacy that any accusation automatically must be true and discounts the possibility that the accusation was untrue, either due to malice, self preservation or a simple mistake.

The logic used leads to a conclusion that Howard Kendall was a nonce* (he's not - but, for illustrative purposes:

"Howard Kendall touched my bits when I was 8 (said angrily)"

"Why would I say it and lose my shit about it like I am doing if it wasn't true?"

Therefore, Howard Kendall must be a nonce* (see above).

It's utter nonsense. Let the investigation determine what happened. At the current time, there doesn't seem to be any firm evidence of a racist slur. He who asserts must prove. The only worry is that the bitters collude and circle the wagons.

Holgate realised he'd lost his head completely by launching Firmino over the advertisement hoardings, thought he was going to be sent off, so invented some perceived mistranslation as a means of staying on the pitch. 

Think about it logically for a second, how could he say the N word when he doesn't even speak English? It's pure pantomime bs and it makes me think even less of the bitters that they're trying to build up something, that so evidently, wasn't the case. Holgate should've been sent off. That's the real talking point.  

Apologies for the hysterical fanny theme......but....... our season hinges on the next coupe of weeks.

Firminio issue

Coutinho leaving

Mahrez/Lemar//No-one arriving?

City game on the horizon.

We'll see what we're made of both on and off the pitch in the coming weeks 

Holgate realised he'd lost his head completely by launching Firmino over the advertisement hoardings, thought he was going to be sent off, so invented some perceived mistranslation as a means of staying on the pitch.

Think about it logically for a second, how could he say the N word when he doesn't even speak English? It's pure pantomime bs and it makes me think even less of the bitters that they're trying to build up something, that so evidently, wasn't the case. Holgate should've been sent off. That's the real talking point.

You don’t have to speak English to know what ‘nigger’ means. His language barrier certainly isn’t an acceptable piece of evidence. What’s a good piece of evidence is that he’s on camera, the ref was there, and he didn’t say it.

• Downvote 1

I’m very nervous about this. As we’ve seen in the past, there doesn’t have to be footage of anything if the FA decide that “on the balance of probabilities” something did happen. Especially when they have something to gain from being seen to be strong on the issue.

Hopefully there is another angle of the split second Kenny walks in front of Bobby so we can clearly see what was said.

Apologies for the hysterical fanny theme......but....... our season hinges on the next coupe of weeks.

Firminio issue

Coutinho leaving

Mahrez/Lemar//No-one arriving?

City game on the horizon.

We'll see what we're made of both on and off the pitch in the coming weeks 

Well I believe these allegations are pure fabrication as I have said elsewhere. But Bobby is going to get hammered by this. Is he going to play while all this goes on. How are refs going to react to him in games if he does play do not expect Bobby to get any 50 / 50 decisions never mind 60 / 40. I will stake it out now Bobby will get at least a 1 game ban for verbally abusing an opponent. Holgate will escape censure for his blatantly dangerous play.

You don’t have to speak English to know what ‘nigger’ means. His language barrier certainly isn’t an acceptable piece of evidence. What’s a good piece of evidence is that he’s on camera, the ref was there, and he didn’t say it.

True.

Seems rediculous to me.

Bobby is almost blacker than Holgate.

Holgate is a massive cunt regardless of what was said. Fucking cry-arse could have broken Bobby’s neck or injured a kid in the front row, and he has the fucking neck to pull this shit out.

I really don’t give a fuck about ‘racist’ language on the field, grow up and deal with it in the car park afterwards.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2