You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

Al Haymon's PBC just announced their Showtime fights up until June.  It looks good, I think 2018 will be even better than last year.

Feb 17 – Las Vegas

GARCIA vs. RIOS - WBC Eliminator

BENAVIDEZ vs. GAVRIL II – WBC Super Middleweight World Championship

Mar 3 - Brooklyn

WILDER vs. ORTIZ - WBC Heavyweight World Championship

CHARLO vs. CENTENO JR - WBC Interim Middleweight Championship

Mar 10 - San Antonio

GARCIA vs. LIPINETS IBF Jr Welterweight World Championship

BARTHELEMY vs. RELIKH II - WBA Super Lightweight World Championship

April 7 - TBA

LARA vs. HURD - 154-Pound World Championship Unification (WBA, IBF)

April 21 - Ohio

BRONER vs. FIGUEROA - WBC Super Lightweight Title Eliminator

GERVONTA DAVIS vs. TBA

May 19 – Brooklyn

KEITH THURMAN vs. TBA (not Jessie Vargas as reported) - WBA/WBC Welterweight World Championship

May 19 - Canada

STEVENSON vs. JACK - WBC Light Heavyweight World Championship

June 9 - Los Angeles

SANTA CRUZ vs. MARES II - WBA Featherweight World Championship

JERMELL CHARLO vs. TBA - WBC Super Welterweight World Championship

June 16 - Dallas, Texas

ERROL SPENCE JR. vs. OCAMPO – IBF Welterweight World Championship

I’m pleased that TBA has managed to get himself a couple of fights lined up. He must have been gutted yesterday after his plans to fight Dubois and Yarde on the same night fell through.

Selby vs Warrington is on. Should be an interesting one, that.

Selby vs Warrington, Donaire vs Frampton and Valdez vs Quigg all while Santa Cruz and Mares fought warm up fights before they scheduled a rematch nobody even wanted.

The Thurman fight just has to happen.

He's definitley one of my new favourite fighters in Spence jr, he comes to fight, he's tough and looks like he has a solid chin.  He's technically very good as well, his punches are accurate and hard.

Thurman has said no Spence fight in 2018. Following the Mayweather method of keeping his belts and maximising his paydays. Lots saying Spence will move up to SWW in 2019, so Thurman probably playing the odds and hoping he fucks off. Craword has called Spence out though.

Also, bit of a nod to how good Brook actually is - he was arguably ahead on points when that fight got stopped and even managed to rock Spence a couple of times. I think he should have stayed at WW - he beats Thurman for me.

No way was Brook ahead by the 10th.  Especially after the two knockdowns and Spence invested in the body so Brook was fucked by the stoppage.  Thurman spent a year chasing Danny Garcia and saying Garcia was ducking, now he's doing the exact same thing with Spence.

Haymon should tell Thurman he's got one warm up and then he'll be sat out unless he fights Spence.  It can't be hard when he manages both of them.  Crawford/Spence won't happen either, Arum won't work with Haymon, Crawford has an ESPN deal, Spence has a Showtime deal.  Boxing is shite.

• Upvote 1

Dan Dan or any other guys with their ears to the ground, does Big David skimp on his training or does he pull his tripes out in training but still find himself gassing early in fights ?

Sorry not sure how I missed this, I'm not that in with the Derry camp to be fair but I heard from a mate that Price really, really struggled in sparring with Sean Turner, who ironically was iced by the journeyman Price then struggled with for 6 rounds.

Has the Saunders / Martin Murray fight been discussed?  Seems a horrible step backwards this, Murray couldn't even beat the corpse of Arthur Abraham and now he's getting another world title fight at a weight he admitted he isn't really competitive at.  I expect Saunders to win 120-102 with no knockdowns haha

Yeah, really strange fight that one. Can't believe Murray has wangled himself another title shot at this point.

On brook spence - agreed that by the time it stopped the fight had slipped away from brook, but fuck me it was a real contest. Even when brook was struggling he rocked spence who was chasing him hard having smelt blood. Spence wins 6 out of 10 fights between the 2, but I'd still have brook his deputy at 147 currently

Edit - what chance do you give brook of making an impact at sww by the way dandan?

Yeah, really strange fight that one. Can't believe Murray has wangled himself another title shot at this point.

On brook spence - agreed that by the time it stopped the fight had slipped away from brook, but fuck me it was a real contest. Even when brook was struggling he rocked spence who was chasing him hard having smelt blood. Spence wins 6 out of 10 fights between the 2, but I'd still have brook his deputy at 147 currently

Edit - what chance do you give brook of making an impact at sww by the way dandan?

This is what Murray's 5th title shot?  It's a shame because I genuinely believe he beat Martinez in Argentina, but he was soundly beat in the others Sturm (he was only given a draw on the back of the Macklin decision controversy), Golovkin and Abraham.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, Brook/Spence was a good solid matchup between two of the best in the division.  Brook won most of the first half, but Spence started to pull away as Brook slowed.  The weight issue is just a lazy excuse by Hearn, Brook would make weight easier if he didn't balloon between fights.  Spence is HUGE at the weight, there's no way he made weight any easier than Brook.

I don't really see him doing much, do you?  Hurd, Lara and Charlo would all beat him fairly easy (I'd pick Hurd and Charlo to stop him too), his best chance at a World Title / payday would be fighting the Sadam Ali vs. Beefy winner, but if Beefy wins then the Hearn and Warren issues come into play and if Ali wins, Golden Boy will be selling him to the highest bidder.  Brook's biggest issue now, is people know if they stick it on him, he'll fold.  That is especially a bad thing at a higher weight.

Brook needs to just stay at 147 and chase Khan, seen as Khan is now with Hearn.  There's no way Khan, Brook or Hearn would get away with not making that fight now.

I don't really see him doing much, do you? Hurd, Lara and Charlo would all beat him fairly easy (I'd pick Hurd and Charlo to stop him too), his best chance at a World Title / payday would be fighting the Sadam Ali vs. Beefy winner, but if Beefy wins then the Hearn and Warren issues come into play and if Ali wins, Golden Boy will be selling him to the highest bidder. Brook's biggest issue now, is people know if they stick it on him, he'll fold. That is especially a bad thing at a higher weight.

Brook needs to just stay at 147 and chase Khan, seen as Khan is now with Hearn. There's no way Khan, Brook or Hearn would get away with not making that fight now.

I'm not sure mate. Definitely can't see him pulling up trees there like, which is why I think hes daft moving up. I wouldn't bet against him in with any of those you mentioned if I'm honest, but wouldn't be surprised if he lost either. Charlo I strangely would fancy him against. Hes got enough ability mixed in with being rugged and sharp. It depends if he's still hungry like he was though. While the golovkin fight has added to his profile, it has turned out to be a bad career decision, taking the money aspect away.

Agree 100% on the Khan fight - no chance money Eddie isnt lining that one up to fill his pockets. Whoever loses that is all but done at world level, but Eddie won't care. He will just fleece the other one while he can with the opportunity winning that fight offers.

Sorry not sure how I missed this, I'm not that in with the Derry camp to be fair but I heard from a mate that Price really, really struggled in sparring with Sean Turner, who ironically was iced by the journeyman Price then struggled with for 6 rounds.

Has the Saunders / Martin Murray fight been discussed? Seems a horrible step backwards this, Murray couldn't even beat the corpse of Arthur Abraham and now he's getting another world title fight at a weight he admitted he isn't really competitive at. I expect Saunders to win 120-102 with no knockdowns haha

Which Sean Turner was your mate on about? Sean who Derry recently started training or the Irish heavyweight?

The one Derry recently signed is a mate of mine. Been to watch him a load of times over the past few years too.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Which Sean Turner was your mate on about? Sean who Derry recently started training or the Irish heavyweight?

The one Derry recently signed is a mate of mine. Been to watch him a load of times over the past few years too.

It was the Irish heavyweight mate, the one who recently went to Croatia and beat that "Cobra" who Haye beat in one round on the embarrassing Dave comeback show.

It was the Irish heavyweight mate, the one who recently went to Croatia and beat that "Cobra" who Haye beat in one round on the embarrassing Dave comeback show.

Ahh right. I know Sean (my mate) has gave Price a few tough spars in his camp for his 'comeback' fight and that's when he asked Derry for journeymen apparently.

Can't see Price v Povetkin happening anytime soon personally.