You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leon Goretzka

Joe Strummer

I know we are all pretty certain that Can is off but should he like the cut of our job and decide to stay how would Can, Goretzka and Keita midfield Work? Would Can And Goretzka compliment another?

Can is off, fuck him.

It will be Hendo, Gini or a new signing.  Or Keita, Goretzka with a Lallana or Ox (assuming Coutinho goes too, so maybe Lemar type).

Or it could be a two man CM with Keita & Goretzka (or Hendo / Wijnaldum).

Plenty of options.

I like him. He's got the energy, physicality and all round game to do well here. But I'm not convinced he's the right partner for Keita should we want to play a two man CM. In a three man CM he'd do well with Keita ahead of a deeper CM. I like Henderson, so he could do that role (or he could be the deepest CM). But really Henderson is best as box to box CM.

If we're only signing one CM in addition to Keita this summer, I wouldn't be going for Goretzka. I feel we'd be better off having a Weigl type player in front of the back four.

But Klopp appears to want a CM which is more dynamic, full of energy and the deeper CM pressing himself if the ball is in his area and if that leaves gaps, the others need to fill in. That's the good thing about Goretzka as well as Keita, they can both play deeper and should be able to cover when those gaps could form.

Guest Pistonbroke

German media are bringing this up a bit, basically saying we are interested (which is common knowledge) but mentioning the fact we have his old team mate Matip, have strengthened with Keita and VVD and have Klopp who could be a major factor. They also mention that Goretzka himself has said he would decide on the new offer from Schalke in January, but it is highly unlikely he will accept it. 

Why do all player vids get backed up some horrendous music, fuck know what that was.

Looks like a skilful gangly bastard, I'm all in on him.

I know, it's like they find the music that's most likely to cause ear aids and stick it on the back end of the video.

Is this the same as yesterday’s rumors? I.e. he’s deciding between two clubs and one of them is us, and it will be announced when the window opens and a pre contract is signed?

Or has something else happened and he’s coming to us?

I hope he is coming. Keita and Goretzka would massively improve our midfield.

Amongst the teams, other than Barça, to have shown interest in Schalke midfielder Leon Goretzka (22) are United, Bayern and Juventus, with Liverpool being considered to be the front runners to sign him. [bild]