You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 0 West Brom 0 (Dec 14 2017)

tlw content

westbromreport1.jpg

A dozen goals against Brighton and Spartak and then just one against Everton and West Brom. This team *shakes head*. Mark this down as another game we should have won and we did enough to win, but that we somehow didn’t. Also mark it down as another game where a key decision went against us too. 

That’s not to say that Solanke’s ‘goal’ should have stood. The point is that it could have stood, and on another day it would have. Just like on another day Everton wouldn’t have had a penalty. Fine margins. 

I have no complaints about the decision as the ball did go in off Solanke’s arm, albeit accidentally. Where we were unlucky is that the ref had no idea what was going on and initially gave the goal. I think maybe the linesman told him it was handball, or he just changed his mind after being harangued by a load of Baggies players. 

The decision was probably correct (I'd have gone mad if a team had scored against us like that) but it’s yet another call that hasn’t gone our way. We got lucky at Stoke recently but fuck me, we’ve paid for it since. If this is how it’s going to be whenever we get a dubious decision in our favour then next time I don’t fucking want it. 

That ref was crap. No idea who he was but that’s twice in the last three games we’ve been given the fucking work experience ref who is learning on the job. This fella got so many little decisions wrong and he did nothing to stop the relentless time wasting from Ben Foster. 

None of this is to blame for us not winning the game though. The performance was below par and we didn’t create as many chances as we usually do. We did still carve out a few really good ones but none were taken and it cost us two points. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

It feels like we're paying for Mig opening his mouth after the Stoke game, stupid boy, but you're right, it looked like we could have gone on forever and not scored. It's annoying that we have to be on blob to win. I enjoy 3-0 as much as anybody but the odd goal victory would be just as welcome.

Guest Pistonbroke

We'd have been better off having an away game after the whole dodgy penalty thing against the bitters. Playing at home against a Pardew side was always going to be a bit shit, especially when it looked like certain players were either sulking or just not arsed about busting a gut. I fully expect us to play a lot better in our next wo games which are away to teams who will not be parking the bus. 

You can't win them all, and at least we are not losing these games. Points will be dropped, so who gives a fuck where those points are dropped, as long as you make up for it in games where getting all 3 points is a bonus. We are still in the mix. 

The crowd was freaking at Karius about 20 minutes in because he wasn’t throwing the ball out quickly enough, even though there was nobody to throw it to. Must be a wonderful atmosphere in which to play.

I wish people could just go to the game and actually support the team for 90 minutes. It would help a lot in these matches against teams who park two banks of 5 on the edge of their box.

The crowd was freaking at Karius about 20 minutes in because he wasn’t throwing the ball out quickly enough, even though there was nobody to throw it to. Must be a wonderful atmosphere in which to play.

I wish people could just go to the game and actually support the team for 90 minutes. It would help a lot in these matches against teams who park two banks of 5 on the edge of their box.

You missed the 'get it fucking forward' scream in the second half - so that Salah could try and win a header against the 6'4 defender. 

This. And he ended up panicking under the pressure, and throwing it to Can on the edge of the box, us losing the ball and Hal Robson-Kuntface clipping the bar.

And I wish our players could find ways to break down two banks of five because it's costing us. Dearly.

Dont get me wrong, there's a massive tension between supporting the team and having high expectations.

Ever since I first went to Anfield as a kid, I was shocked by the abuse directed at some of our players by many of our fans. Some players presumably use criticism to get fired up, others run and hide. Maybe some just drive home crying in their Lambos and Ferraris.

I think Dave has mentioned it before, but we need to be a bit cuter in games like this when the opposition sit deep. Draw a few fouls on the edge of the area to give Coutinho a chance from the dead ball or run into traffic in the area so you can go over a trailing leg. A bit snide, yes, but other teams (especially Spurs in recent seasons) seem to have no problem doing this when it's just not happening from open play.

I think Dave has mentioned it before, but we need to be a bit cuter in games like this when the opposition sit deep. Draw a few fouls on the edge of the area to give Coutinho a chance from the dead ball or run into traffic in the area so you can go over a trailing leg. A bit snide, yes, but other teams (especially Spurs in recent seasons) seem to have no problem doing this when it's just not happening from open play.

Agreed but we only have one midfielder happy to run at the defence. Apart from Coutinho they all want to pass all day.