You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Sutton

Anny Road

Couldn’t find the pundits thread but this Balloon probably deserves a thread of his own.

Granted he is no Garth Crooks and I would imagine looking for intelligent debate in ex footballers is a shallow pool but fuck me this guy is bad.

Do they not interview these people?

He may as well be talking about farming such is the nonsense he spouts and he is everywhere from nowhere.

Sorry for the thread but couldn’t help it.

On the subject of commentary some stupid bint on the rugby has just described England v Australia as an amuse bouche for the ashes. Fuck off. Why is she commentating?

He was having a go last week about the England players dropping out of the friendlies. Hang on. Didn't he refuse to play for the then 'B' team which cost him his England future? Didn't that episode label him a trouble maker so he ended up in Scotland?

He made the point that Drinkwater will regret snubbing England because its the biggest regret of his own career doing so to the b side. 

• Upvote 1

Claridge is the worst. Absolute weapon.

I sat with him and Alan Knight in a pub in Portsmouth years back and he is a top twat. Alan Knight is sound though although he has a bad rep around Pompey. I ended up back at his flat once and took a 2pac cd home with me. Saw him out a few years later and told him i still had it and he said he had been looking for that for ages. Called me a scouse cunt then beat me at pool. 

• Upvote 1

Its not so much what he says all the time but the way he says stuff

As was said before look at him having a pop at players for dropping out of internationals. After he's done it himself

As I said in reply to that he was using himself as the example for players doing it. If anything he should be praised for his honesty on the matter. 

If yous lot are out to pitch fork a cunt then look no further than Neil McCann 

Sutton’s a grumpy cunt and sometimes looks like he’s out to have an argument but I’ve seen him on a few other things like Fantasy Football show and he seemed pretty funny, he’s quite dry so where he thinks he’s being funny could come across as arrogant etc