You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jurgen Klopp

Bjornebye

I thought Robertson did OK. He put a couple of good crosses in and showed a decent turn of pace and always showed for the ball. Wijnaldum looked out of sorts, which would put anyone off. He tried a couple of turns into trouble, then passed it back to Mingo with too much on it a few times, and the cross field passing was too risky. Also, he looked like he was slipping a lot on the surface - maybe Brighton watered the pitch too much to try to give themselves a bit more of a chance?

Anyway, it’s not a defence I want to see again, but it worked and we had plenty to spare to accommodate this defence while others got some rest. Fair play to the manager.

Indeed and Klopp probably did that because he knew it would work against Brighton. Not too keen to see it again but it did work for this game

Squad rotation hasn't affected us in any way over the last few games, which wasn't always the case under Rodgers and even Rafa.

What's it down to? Shite opposition? Extremely fit and/or well drilled players?

Anyway, it's been good to see.

Four top quality attacking players. Even with only two or three of them playing we can be very good going forward. Much of a muchness with the rest of the squad, and therefore it doesn't make a huge difference who plays in defence or midfield.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Second that. If people think the club sold Coutinho from under him after reading that then they are myopic.

No,I think he knew Coutinho was leaving but not until he got VVD as well. Whatever was said in that article will not reveal how his job is full of compromises,just like most managers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another tip of the hat to the man that has restored pride and dignity back to the City of Liverpool. Could have gone anywhere else but chose Liverpool. Legend.

You're right, we should appreciate him.  I think he's fab.  But not a legend as a Liverpool manager until he consistently wins something.

• Upvote 1

You're right, we should appreciate him. I think he's fab. But not a legend as a Liverpool manager until he consistently wins something.

Winning a single Premier League title or Champions League would earn him legendary status, in my opinion. No Liverpool manager, nowadays, is likely to consistently win major honours, given the strength of the competition, Manchester City, Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc.

I love Klopp. He is perfect for us in terms of his personality and style of football. This day in age with the money etc, some might say him getting us back in the champions league 2 seasons on the bounce is the equivalent of winning something. I disagree and think real progress will be him winning something this coming season. I'd accept Top 4, a decent CL run and the FA Cup.