You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jurgen Klopp

Bjornebye

Just read a piece by Lallana from the book about Klopp. Says when Klopp is angry he says I wish I could speak in fucking German to you. Still do not think the point is lost though.

I read on twitter a quote from Lallana about when we lost to Bournemouth 4-3 last season on the plane Klopp put music on and over the speaker said “if we can’t party when we lose we can’t party when we win” well along them lines anyway. Quite a few bellends commented on there saying how it was a joke and they shouldn’t be enjoying themselves whilst the fans are on their way to work gutted.

I think it’s a good thing from Klopp to be like that to lift spirits immediately, it’s good to get a loss out of your system as soon as possible if you ask me so you don’t dwell on it and start to lose confidence.

I read on twitter a quote from Lallana about when we lost to Bournemouth 4-3 last season on the plane Klopp put music on and over the speaker said “if we can’t party when we lose we can’t party when we win” well along them lines anyway. Quite a few bellends commented on there saying how it was a joke and they shouldn’t be enjoying themselves whilst the fans are on their way to work gutted.

I think it’s a good thing from Klopp to be like that to lift spirits immediately, it’s good to get a loss out of your system as soon as possible if you ask me so you don’t dwell on it and start to lose confidence.

I think the general philosophy of pointing out the bad things when you do well and pointing out the good things when you do bad is a sound one. 

He said that on the plane to Barcelona which had been arranged before the Bournemouth game, I read.

This is probably going to get me ostracised, but if I'm honest, I can't warm to Klopp at all. Think he's a mighty fine coach like, but I don't like him. There, I said it. Let the negs commence!

Repped, for honesty.

Klopp comes across as a likeable fella, in my opinion, though I'm finding it increasingly difficult to care too much about anyone involved in top level football, given the way the game has gone and the ludicrous sums of money that they are paid.

• Upvote 1

Repped, for honesty.

Klopp comes across as a likeable fella, in my opinion, though I'm finding it increasingly difficult to care too much about anyone involved in top level football, given the way the game has gone and the ludicrous sums of money that they are paid.

My mate did suggest to me that there is no way I can't like Klopp, and it may be more to do with my general attitude to football these days. He might be right, but I feel with all the emotion stripped out (nearly completely now) I can look at everything objectively and my opinions are based on my actual feelings rather than blind faith and loyalty.

• Upvote 2

This is probably going to get me ostracised, but if I'm honest, I can't warm to Klopp at all. Think he's a mighty fine coach like, but I don't like him. There, I said it. Let the negs commence!

He hasn't turned into the messiah like lots thought he would be but as a person he is really likeable. I like his principles (even though that makes him stubborn at times) and I've heard many journalists say he just lights up the room.

• Upvote 1

I think he is an incredible manager and we are lucky to have him. Call that naive all you want, but the guy's style of football is immensely entertaining, his personality is superb, and he's overachieved in both of his seasons here given the problems with the squad when he took over. If we stick with him in the long term and give him the funds FSG had promised, I've no doubt he's capable of keeping us overachieving (finishing higher than 6th and getting to finals of cup competitions is an overachievement for us).

There are other managers out there that could maybe finish higher in an individual season given the right mix (Brendan for example, perhaps even Mourinho) but for long-term squad building and taking us further on most metrics, Klopp is the man. 

In case anyone has forgot, here are some of the players we bought in the seasons prior to Klopp joining us. Cole, Poulsen, Jones, Konchesky, Adam, Downing, Enrique, Borini, Assaidi, Ilori, Lambert, Markovic, Balotelli, Benteke. 

The five worst players Klopp has bought so far are Grujić, Klavan, Karius, Solanke and Robertson, none of whom are at the terrible standard of some of the above and 4 with potential to improve.

• Upvote 7

I'd understand if your thoughts were reversed,nice fella but not quite got it as a coach. Not my own opinion but one I can understand.

Like Tony said,its pretty easy not to give a shit about any of them the way football has turned into a kind of sporting hollywood nowadays.

• Upvote 1

Mane and Salah were Torres-esque signings. Three or four English clubs could have easily outbid us and offered a stronger likelihood of trophies but didn't see their massive potential.

It's a much easier position for a manager to outbid everybody else for Lukaku or Morata.