You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA18 Manager Career - Share your team

Only 4 games in and wasn't as active as I'd like in the transfer market due to just wanting to play some games, but here it is:

Mane----------Werner----------Salah

---------Coutino-------Firmino---------

-------------------Keita-------------------

Moreno----Matip----Sakho----Milner/TAA

------------------Karius-------------------

Badly need a RB and GK. Had a few offers for Firmino but his shooting is pretty decent in this. Feet like lead though compared to the players around him so he might have to go. Need a bit of depth aswell. There isn't much top class cover.

Horn

TAA/Clyne             Van Dijk             Matip              Moreno

Henderson

Wijnaldum                     Coutinho

Salah                    Sturridge (he's still boss)              Mane

• 1 month later...

Just seen this thread - quality!

I’d not bought a FIFA since, actually I don’t know when, so took a bit to get going.

My Liverpool side I won the League & CL with was:

Donnarumma / Reina

Kimich / Ox

VVD / Tah

De Vrij / Laporte

Bernat / Sessignon

Keita / Henderson

Coutinho

Lemar / Wijnaldum

Salah / Pulisic

Werner / Mbappe

Mane / Brandt

Unfortunately I upped the difficulty and got sacked. I’m now in my 2nd season at RBL & although I won the league last season, I need a bigger and better squad for the CL so I’ve hit the free transfers hard:

Hdjinksa (sp - never heard of him but his rating is 86) / Ospina

Existing RBL right back

Wallace

VVD

Existing RBL left back

Some Belgium CDM rated at 86, Derdonker or something

Foresberg

Parades

Coman

Gabriel Jesus

Lucas Mora

Bench is padded out with existing RBL players and Douglas Costa, Inake Williams, Bertrand & Ospina.

Already scouted the free transfers for next season, going to go for a selection from - Isco, Tolisso, Dahoud, Ousmane Dembele, Sule, Bernat, Havertz, Renato Sanches, Hernandez, Tielemans & Milinkovic-Savic

Also Brazil manager. I’m not interested in internationals, just just want to win the WC for the personal glory!

I've been playing PES in recent years, but switched to FIFA as they broke the player switching in PES.

Finished my first season (played on world class) and I missed out on Champions League football on goal difference. There were only 7 points between top and 6th place. It was a competitive season, but that suited me as i was bottom half after 10/15 games so it gave me a chance to catch up.

I expected the sack, but I met most of the goals the board set and they kept me on.

I'm one game into my 2nd season, I blew a 2-0 lead at home to Brighton. I done good business in January my first season so my plan is to add 3 top players to my squad before the window closes. I've added Seri and Naby Keita. Just want to get a top forward in next.

I will post my squad when the window closes.

I’ve been playing this loads the last few days, I switched the camera view from default to broadcast and it massively enhances the game for me.

I started out on Semi-Pro a few days ago but have moved to Professional because it was too easy. This level feels most realistic for my current abilities (last 2 results were 0-0 v Brighton and 3-3 vs Chelsea). I’m about 15 points ahead at the moment but that’s because August-October I was playing Semi-Pro whereas i’ve played last 4 games at Pro (2 wins, 2 draws).

Team is:

Trapp

TAA

Van Dijk

Umtiti

Moreno

Goretzka

Wijnaldum

Lallana

Coutinho

Salah

Firmino

Bench:

Bogdan

Gomez

Robertson

Henderson

Mahrez

Mane

Solanke

I’ve sold:

Mignolet

Karius

Matip

Klavan

Lovren

Can

Milner

I've been playing PES in recent years, but switched to FIFA as they broke the player switching in PES.

How do you mean broke it, mate? Do you mean it’s too easy now?

I’ve always been a PES man but drifted away from my PS completely after getting ill. I last had PES in 2015 but picked up 18 for the PS3 the other week and got bang back into it. Started a ML with Liverpool, and did half a season on Professional. Found that I’d got my mojo back so switched up to Top Player and started again with West Ham.

Crashed out of the Europa in the group stage but soon got to grips with it and ended up winning the league on GD and winning the cup.

I’ve found offering your own players in part-ex is the way to go and it is pretty simple to build a boss team.

Just started the second season (also got the England job) and my team is...

GK - Butland + Random 79 rated keeper.

RB - Walker, Zappacosta

LB - Alaba + Random 79 rated LB

CB - Davinson Sanchez, Phil Jones, Alfie Mawson, Winston Reid

CM - Kovacic, Can, Rafinha, Renato Sanches

AM - Asensio, Ox-Chambo

RW - Salah, Pulisic

LW - Mane, O. Dembele

ST - Mbappe, Sturridge

One season it’s taken to completely revamp the team. Only Winston Reid remains. I think I’ll try and win the CL and then start again. Don’t know wether to stay on Top Player and start in the Championship with Barnsley or someone equally shit, or move up and test myself on Superstar level.

How do you mean broke it, mate? Do you mean it’s too easy now?

I’ve always been a PES man but drifted away from my PS completely after getting ill. I last had PES in 2015 but picked up 18 for the PS3 the other week and got bang back into it. Started a ML with Liverpool, and did half a season on Professional. Found that I’d got my mojo back so switched up to Top Player and started again with West Ham.

Crashed out of the Europa in the group stage but soon got to grips with it and ended up winning the league on GD and winning the cup.

I’ve found offering your own players in part-ex is the way to go and it is pretty simple to build a boss team.

Just started the second season (also got the England job) and my team is...

GK - Butland + Random 79 rated keeper.

RB - Walker, Zappacosta

LB - Alaba + Random 79 rated LB

CB - Davinson Sanchez, Phil Jones, Alfie Mawson, Winston Reid

CM - Kovacic, Can, Rafinha, Renato Sanches

AM - Asensio, Ox-Chambo

RW - Salah, Pulisic

LW - Mane, O. Dembele

ST - Mbappe, Sturridge

One season it’s taken to completely revamp the team. Only Winston Reid remains. I think I’ll try and win the CL and then start again. Don’t know wether to stay on Top Player and start in the Championship with Barnsley or someone equally shit, or move up and test myself on Superstar level.

How come you don't start with the regular master league players? I can't use the actual squad. It makes getting promoted too easy. I scraped into the playoffs and won the final to get promoted. I was playingon Superstar and then the nigh on impossible Legendary.

Switching your players with L1 or the R stick is shit on it this year. You can't switch to your intended player quick enough or at all. Makes defending certain situations impossible. They were due to bring out a patch in November but I got fed up waiting and got FIFA.

It's a real pity as the AI in PES 2018 is amazing. In Fifa every team plays like Barca, but in PES you face all different tactics. Man U hammered me twice with their long balls. Couldn't deal with them. Also, the way you have to mix up your play is great as using repetitive attacks gets you found out.

The switching was costing me tight games that you really had to battle for. FIFA is at least stable, but miles behind in gameplay and footy realism.

How come you don't start with the regular master league players? I can't use the actual squad. It makes getting promoted too easy. I scraped into the playoffs and won the final to get promoted. I was playingon Superstar and then the nigh on impossible Legendary.

Sounds like you’re a hell of a lot better at it than I am! I didn’t want to start with the original ML line-up because like I said I’ve been away from the game for three years. If I’d dived straight in with those slow clunky players I’d have ended up putting the controller through the TV. Needed at least a bit of pace to get back to grips with it.

I knew I’d fallen behind the times when I had a game against my lad who’s had it every year and he walloped me 4-0. It was me that convinced him of the merits of PES over FIFA and the little fucker never used to get near me on it.

I don’t think I’m ready for superstar level yet but the original line-up starting in the 2nd division on top player isn’t a bad shout for my next save. I reckon I might start in the next couple of days actually. Just had it on then, went to renew Mbappe’s contract and he wants his wage bumped up from £2.5 to £15m. Nearly spat my drink out. I can see now that with the good players you have to have them basically in and out of a revolving door for it to be feasible. There’s no way of building a squad to last years when they want paying that much on renewal.

Already scouted the free transfers for next season, going to go for a selection from - Isco, Tolisso, Dahoud, Ousmane Dembele, Sule, Bernat, Havertz, Renato Sanches, Hernandez, Tielemans & Milinkovic-Savic

Well, I had an extremely successful January window securing everybody above apart from Isco & Renato Sanches (I decided not to bother with Renato).

I also sold Gabriel Jesus & some existing RBL player (who I actually wanted to keep) and signed Goretzka for £40m and Paco Alcacer for £17m.

Bit of a downgrade from Jesus to Alcacer but he just wasn’t doing it for me, 2 goals in 15 games or something. Had to move Coman up front, which isn’t ideal but worked really well.

Having fast players up front really is a necessity. Coman, Lucas, Sane, Costa & Williams all have sprint speed of 90+.

Fuck knows where I’m going to play everybody next season. If I win the treble, which I’m well on course for, I’ll bang the difficulty up next season. The Bundesliga isn’t as hard as the Premiership so should be a good learning curve. I’ll have a great squad, 2 players of at least 80+ in every position.

Just beat the mancs 4-1 at Old Trafford in the last 16 of the CL. Suck on that Mourinho you twat!

So, my aim of a clean sweep with RBL and winning the World Cup with Brazil ended in tears.

Won the Bundesliga quite comfortably, beat Bayern in the Cup Final comfortably, beat Real Madrid in the CL Final quite comfortably and then went on to beat Bayern in Charity Shield & Man City in the Super Cup.

Only I let myself down with Brazil. Cruised through the groups, beat Chile, beat England, beat Germany all without conceding a goal and then lost the final on penalties to Spain after a 3-3 draw.

Gutted.

Resigned as Brazil manager and upped the difficulty to World Class. Drew my 1st game 0-0 with Leverkusen and then beat Dortmund 1-0 in my 2nd game, so bodes well going forwards.

I'm completely neglecting Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart to play this. I've told my wife to hide it from me so I can play those more because as much as I like FIFA, its comfortably the worst game I own.

• 1 month later...

Team starting to shape up a bit now

old loads of players and a little short of players until the january window opens.

I had transfered VVD and Keita in with the team edit.

Sold a load of players to get funds and drop the wage bill.

Think there has been some fuck up in the new update as i have had 4 injuries in past three games. Firmino and Salah being the biggest blow of 2-3 months.

Anyway

----------------Karius

Bellerin---VVD--Matip--Roberton

------------------Can

------------Keita-----Lemar

Salah------Firmino------Mane

TAA

Gomez

Moreno

Goretzka

Renato Sanchez

Origi