You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Scary Movies

Bjornebye

Fuckin hell seen the advert for that ... going no where near it!

That's a good decision, the last scene completely made me jump out of my skin. If I watched it now I would genuinely be concerned for my heart. The follow ups were generally shit and not scary at all.

The changeling when I was a kid scared the shit out of me, even the cover with the wheel chair at the top of the stairs freaked me out.

To catch a killer about John Wayne gacey was scary as fuck mostly because it was real and when he got those handcuffs on the young men to show them a magic trick you knew they where fucked. Brian denehy was superb.

Blair witch scared me too mostly because I knew I had to walk through a forest on the way home in the dark after it. My heart felt like it was going to explode on that walk.

• Upvote 1

I watched Texas chainsaw massacre when I was around 8 or 9 and I was terrified of going in the shower before bed.

Seeing people hanging off meats hooks, just wrong.

Some of the inventive ways the Saw films kill people always makes me wonder what the minds of people who come up with them are like.

The changeling when I was a kid scared the shit out of me, even the cover with the wheel chair at the top of the stairs freaked me out.

To catch a killer about John Wayne gacey was scary as fuck mostly because it was real and when he got those handcuffs on the young men to show them a magic trick you knew they where fucked. Brian denehy was superb.

Blair witch scared me too mostly because I knew I had to walk through a forest on the way home in the dark after it. My heart felt like it was going to explode on that walk.

To Catch a Killer was very good and in the same vein Snowtown was pretty chilling too.

The head scene still scares the shit out of me, I remember watching it as a kid and it fucked me up for weeks, watching it I remember thinking why the hell would you go in the water with a man eating shark knocking about..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMFyoBf0CWI

The music to this still gives me the chills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VP5jEAP3K4

At the pictures with a bird when Jaws was on and yes that scene with the head made me jump and having to pretend i was shifting position, bit like the yawn or grit in the eye times.

I watched the Amityville films when I was about 11. The worst one is the second one which is a prequel to show why the house was sold on the cheap. Some lad gets possessed, shags his sister then shoots his family with a shotgun. I was also traumatised that anyone apart from Apollo would want to kill Paulie. All with a green face and deeply satanic voice. Not ideal viewing for an 11 year old eh.

On a funnier note my sister watched return to Oz when she was a kid and still got freaked out by the wheelie creatures in the film even though they aren't that scary.

• Upvote 1

I watched the Amityville films when I was about 11. The worst one is the second one which is a prequel to show why the house was sold on the cheap. Some lad gets possessed, shags his sister then shoots his family with a shotgun. I was also traumatised that anyone apart from Apollo would want to kill Paulie. All with a green face and deeply satanic voice. Not ideal viewing for an 11 year old eh.

On a funnier note my sister watched return to Oz when she was a kid and still got freaked out by the wheelie creatures in the film even though they aren't that scary.

I love how your second paragraph starts with 'On a funnier note...' when I was pissing myself at the first one.

That is genuinely the best synopsis of a film I've ever seen.

• Upvote 1

I love how your second paragraph starts with 'On a funnier note...' when I was pissing myself at the first one.

That is genuinely the best synopsis of a film I've ever seen.

Ha ha. It's a pretty fucked up film and I never want to watch it again. Even looking at Google images of it freaks me out.

Me and my mate used to dub videos ages ago when we were bladdered and one of our favourites were episodes of kojak due to bad seventies fashion and constant arguing between Kojak and Stavros (his real life brother). I told my mate I would write a synopsis of the episodes with the real plot attached to it. I send my mate my synopsis by email and he said he wet himself laughing and had to walk out his office because he couldn't stop laughing.

Real plot: Kojak investigates a series of murders with the DA on his back to secure a conviction. Kojak is barred from attending the court proceedings.

Our plot: Kojak is barred from the Lisbon after bumming the managers boyfriend behind the bins. He tries to get Purple Aki to sneak him in. Meanwhile the fat cunt Stavros eats 50 pizzas and farts in kojak car on a stakeout. Kojak and the leitenant argue about who has the fattest arse in the Precinct.

• Upvote 1

I recorded return to Oz as it was on sky the other night. The bit where Jean Marshes head wakes up when Dorothy is poking about in the cupboard used to put the shits up my sister. Gonna put it on for her next time she comes around.

• 1 month later...