You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hudds (H) 28/10/17 15.00 - Who ya gonna call?

Joe Strummer

Firmino

Oxlade                           Salah

Coutinho         Gini

Hendo

Moreno    Klavan      Matip     TAA

Karius

It is like we literally have half a team....try as hard as you like to come up with a good back 5 and even arguably a 6 but half our team is fucking terrible.

Look at the attempts in this thread.

Look at the last one.... Karius, TAA, Matip, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Wijnaldum......mediocrity personified. A supposed top 4 outfit and that is a realistic line up - fucking hell.

It is criminal.

• Upvote 1

I really don't fucking care

I don't know how it's possible, but about this match until I see the team sheet without Mignolet and Lovren in I care even less than you do.

If I am critical of Klopp in one particular way it's the fact he believes we can operate without an out and out striker. The PL is all about scoring goals,even the best defences in the PL arent that great and ours is simply shite. This means a goalscorer/striker makes a world of difference to a team. European football is a bit different but thats where the squad mentality comes in. Imagine having an actual striker as well as Salah and Mane? It still wouldnt cover up the shite defence but would be fantastic.

Hes operating without an out an out holding mid too. Its not working Jurgen.

Posted elsewhere but fuck it.

Obvs some not fit yet.

Ward

TAA Gomez Matip Robertson

AOC

The "Henderson years" have to end now.

Not a pop at you but fucking hell - how the fuck has it come to this actually being possibly the best we can do for half our team.

It defies logic.

Posted elsewhere but fuck it.

Obvs some not fit yet.

Ward

TAA Gomez Matip Robertson

AOC

Coutinho    Lallana ©   Moreno

Salah          Mane

The "Henderson years" have to end now.

• Upvote 1

If I am critical of Klopp in one particular way it's the fact he believes we can operate without an out and out striker. The PL is all about scoring goals,even the best defences in the PL arent that great and ours is simply shite. This means a goalscorer/striker makes a world of difference to a team. European football is a bit different but thats where the squad mentality comes in. Imagine having an actual striker as well as Salah and Mane? It still wouldnt cover up the shite defence but would be fantastic.

In general I agree with your point, but this is so far down our priority list now that it's not worth spending time on it.

We have more depth in the squad now, and all new players should be direct improvements. And we need to start with at least 2 CBs, a midfielder with defensive qualities (Keita??), a goalkeeper and then a left back. (Doesn't look like Robertson is the one)

That's about 200 million to spend before we can start thinking about a striker. Add to that the fact that we've proven on a regular basis that we can score against anyone.

I would go with;

...........Karius..........

Trent..Gomez...Matip...Moreno

....Gini....Can...Grujic...

Salah.....Firmino...Coutinho

Just to freshen things up a bit. I suspect we'll see this though...

...........Mig..........

Gomez..Matip..Klavan..Moreno

...Milner...Henderson..Can..

Salah.....Firmino....Coutinho

I would go with;

...........Karius..........

Trent..Gomez...Matip...Moreno

....Gini....Can...Grujic...

Salah.....Firmino...Coutinho

Just to freshen things up a bit. I suspect we'll see this though...

...........Mig..........

Gomez..Matip..Klavan..Moreno

...Milner...Henderson..Can..

Salah.....Firmino....Coutinho

Got to agree with the freshened up starting line up mate.

I had hope earlier on that we could integrate a few younger players, but I always suspected that Jurgen saw a pecking order involving experience. For example, i wanted Solanke in, but knew that I'd get Firmino every game, even when he would have 3 below par performances out of 5.

I wanted Grujic over Wij or Can or Henderson but knew he would stick with the usual failures because they are the seasoned pros. Grujic did get a game, but in a weakened team or not from the start with a different tempo. That was that then, he is shit. Well, maybe not.

It might be too early to say that the season is a right off, but some of the players we have surely must be finished here now.

Klopp is to blame for alot of this. I've banged the drum that alot of these players are simply not up to playing in this gung ho manner. Game management? Making the most of what you actually have?

I'm not best impressed with Klopp. Therefore, I'm not sure what we will actually see from the next game.

I've been looking at your line ups and i agree that we have to make changes. I would approach it slightly differently as I think that TAA isnt really a right back. I'd have him in midfield replacing Henderson with Grujic and Coutinho with Milner at right back until we get Clyne back and soon Lallana, who will improve our midfield massively.

Ward

Milner Matip Gomez Moreno.

Note to full backs. Do not leave gaps at the back. You are full backs not wingers.

TAA

High energy, cover the CBs

Grujic Coutinho

Salah OX

Solanke

I suspect that things will get EVEN WORSE before we see anything like that and i won't be holding my breath.

I suspect that my fellow forumites will be critical of that, not good enough, i haven't seen enough of (insert name), but my predicted answer would be, why do you think that the usual suspects will improve?

Anyone replaced will be out because of " injury " and will be back after a couple of games. JK binning players out of the squad won't be allowed because of the resale effect it may have on these financial assets. It's plain that FSG are following this procedure because Sturridge is still here..........