You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

At what point do we lose our shit?

Gym Beglin

You or us?

I don't get the die-hard faith in this.

Tell me what your faith is based on?

What IS it that will suddenly 'click' into place and change our fortunes?

Our run of form isn't an aberration, it's not about luck when you win once in 8 games. 1 in 3, sure, luck plays a part. 1 in 4, you're pushing it. 1 in 8? That's a huge problem and any talk of 'luck' needs to be firmly shut down for the bollocks that it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tell me what your faith is based on?

There is no faith - it is called reality. Liverpool have not been very good for a lllloooooooonnnnnggggg time.

Rafa had a strength of personality to not only bring in players who otherwise would not have given the club a second look but also get us to over achieve - I believe Klopp is our best bet to do the same now.

I know that. So faith has nothing to do with it.

And the last thing the forum needs is another thread to vent - thats all there is - its the Liverpool 

Way.

• Upvote 4

We're going to lose to Spurs next week as well. That's not pessimism, that's a healthy dose of realism based on our form vs their form.

What then? Just shrug and say "ok then".

They have won 1 of 4 home games in the league this season and that was a laboured win today against Bournemouth. If we play like we did today I can see us winning. 

• Upvote 1

What would you suggest happen if we lose to Spurs?

Thing is, losing to Spurs away isn't a sign of a problem in and of itself, it's the other results around it.

I don't want Klopp sacked, and I don't think FSG would give it any thought either, but I'm starting to question the people around Klopp, the ones who seem to think it's great that we play Firmino up front, or Henderson as captain, or offer Lovren a new contract, or spend £35m on Oxlade Chamberlain, or base an entire gameplan around Coutinho scoring from 25 yards.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Go ahead and lose your shit, but if you think changing the Manager will make a difference your very much misguided.

We could poach Guardiola off City and nothing would change. The team needs massive money spending on it and has done since Rafa left.... That was 7 odd years ago. FSG are unwilling or at least unable to do the necessary spending it would require.

The days when we existed to win trophies are long gone.  Now we exist to buy young players to sell at a profit.

• Upvote 3

There is no faith - it is called reality. Liverpool have not been very good for a lllloooooooonnnnnggggg time.

Rafa had a strength of personality to not only bring in players who otherwise would not have given the club a second look but also get us to over achieve - I believe Klopp is our best bet to do the same now.

I know that. So faith has nothing to do with it.

Not sure we're on the same page here.

I reckon end of January when we have the same old excuses rolled out for not spending and we're a mile off 4th place sitting comfortably in 8th. The anticipation for the summer transfer windows excuses (we can't attract the best as we're not the CL) will overwhelm us.

We'll have spent most of the month dealing with the on/off/on again transfer of Coutinho.

Klopp will probably wade and take a pop at the Anfield faithful for their lack of support.

An open letter from FSG pledging that the franchise can compete with the very best just as the window closes won't help. They'll depart with a billion pounds in their back pocket shortly afterwards as they've handed us on to another dodgy investment group.

• Upvote 1