You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Wars Battlefront II

Allan

It's multiplayer beta time for Battlefront 2.

It's available now to those that pre-ordered. You should have received your code via email if you pre-ordered. On PS4, the code activates the Battlefront 2 service on your account, so when you download the beta from the store, PSN knows if you have early access or not.

For those that didn't pre-order, the beta will be open to all on Friday, and is playable all weekend.

There are 3 multiplayer game modes in the beta:

Galactic Assault on Naboo, fighting as either Clone Troopers or the Seperatists over the Royal Palace.

Strike on Takodana, where First Order Troopers (you might recognise those from Star Wars: The Force Awakens) and Resistance Forces battle over Maz's castle.

Starfighter Assault above Fondor, where Resistance Forces and the Galactic Empire duke it out in space battles, trying to destroy or defend a Star Destroyer.

There's also an Arcade mode, that let's you play solo against AI, in local split screen, coop or versus.

The beta has the class progression system in place that we all know from Battlefield, and also allows access to 4 heroes/villians - Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Han Solo & Rey. There are also 4 hero/villain ships in the beta. The Falcon & Slave 1 of course, as well as Darth Maul's Scimitar & Poe Dameron's Black X-Wing.

Each character/ship can be customised using star cards via the crate system in the game. Crates are purchased using in game credits awarded for round completion as well as combat challenges. You also collect parts to allow you to add modifiers to your weapons - (parts are like scrap from Battlefield).

Why can't you play online?

You need to change the router settings because you should be able to play online.

It's a common problem with the virgin super hub 3's apparently. I've not had any luck when changing the router settings (which were a struggle with my lack of technical knowledge) but all the suggested things I found online didn't work. Lots of people have the same issue on Xbox and PlayStation. Something to do with the Intel Chip inside.

Tried again earlier and I lasted about a minute before the connection to Xbox live went down.

Virgin as per have been no help whatsoever, have called them about 4 or 5 times the last 7 months.

Moving to BT when our contract is up.

So this has single player?

I used to love knights of the old republic.

Yes it has a single player campaign on this one. New story set between Return of The Jedi and The Force Awakens and you mostly play as The Empire.

Less multiplayer options this time around I think.

So this has single player?

I used to love knights of the old republic.

Yes it has a single player campaign on this one. New story set between Return of The Jedi and The Force Awakens and you mostly play as The Empire.

Less multiplayer options this time around I think.

It's based on the Inferno Squad story, you play the role of Iden Versio.

You can buy the book now, if you want some background.

Inferno Squad

There are fewer multiplayer game modes, but the number of playable characters, vehicles & maps is greatly increased in comparison to Battlefront I.

There's no season pass for the game this time round, and all DLC will be free to all.

It's a common problem with the virgin super hub 3's apparently. I've not had any luck when changing the router settings (which were a struggle with my lack of technical knowledge) but all the suggested things I found online didn't work. Lots of people have the same issue on Xbox and PlayStation. Something to do with the Intel Chip inside.

Tried again earlier and I lasted about a minute before the connection to Xbox live went down.

Virgin as per have been no help whatsoever, have called them about 4 or 5 times the last 7 months.

Moving to BT when our contract is up.

So you have tried turning the routers firewall off I presume?

Have you asked for a new router?

I haven't, as looking online that hasn't worked for others with the same issue. Nor has turning the router onto Modem Mode and using another router for Wifi

Although I connect to it from my Xbox via an Ethernet cable also so I'm at a real loss.

I haven't, as looking online that hasn't worked for others with the same issue. Nor has turning the router onto Modem Mode and using another router for Wifi

Although I connect to it from my Xbox via an Ethernet cable also so I'm at a real loss.

I am with virgin media and have no problems at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Less than a week until release if you bought the trooper deluxe edition, or less than 10 days if you bought the standard edition. I believe the play first trial on Origin for PC begins tomorrow.

There's a few YouTubers that were invited to the DICE studio in Stockholm to play the final build of the game and have posted plenty of videos on YouTube if you are so inclined to want to watch them.

JackFrags

LevelCap

Westie