You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Few Thoughts from the Match: Leicester City 2 Liverpool 3

tlw content

You had this explained to you last night yet you're still ignoring it. You're going back 12 months to find a (rare) mistake from a rival keeper whereas you only have to go back 12 hours to find one from ours.

The point you're missing, is that a club of our level should not be having a mentally and physically week keeper still making the same mistakes game after game for the 4th season now.

He's never going to get better and neither are we until we address this area properly instead of buying on the cheap.

All keepers make the odd mistake. Ours make them every game

Nope, its not a 'rare' mistake as you make out but keep believing the bullshit. You even missed posts where Ive said he (mignolet) has faults and he's not the answer so, keep believing the bullshit. Im sure your mates will rep you for it.

As for anyone saying courtois deserves comparision with de gea and neuer, oh fucking dear.

Nope, its not a 'rare' mistake as you make out but keep believing the bullshit. You even missed posts where Ive said he (mignolet) has faults and he's not the answer so, keep believing the bullshit. Im sure your mates will rep you for it.

As for anyone saying courtois deserves comparision with de gea and neuer, oh fucking dear.

I honestly don't know what point you're making anymore. You're just typing contrary words now

I honestly don't know what point you're making anymore. You're just typing contrary words now

Ah, trying that nonsense game. Whatever. Oh, here's another mistake from the boy who doesnt make any. You can find them in match reports but you and a few others turn a blind eye. Strange that.

From the game against city last season

"Chelsea kept themselves firmly in the driving seat for the title with a 2-1 win over Manchester City last night.

The Blues gifted the visitors a soft equaliser after Courtois' lapse of concentration saw his poor clearance fall straight at the feet of David Silva."

You had this explained to you last night yet you're still ignoring it. You're going back 12 months to find a (rare) mistake from a rival keeper whereas you only have to go back 12 hours to find one from ours.

The point you're missing, is that a club of our level should not be having a mentally and physically week keeper still making the same mistakes game after game for the 4th season now.

He's never going to get better and neither are we until we address this area properly instead of buying on the cheap.

All keepers make the odd mistake. Ours make them every game

Bang On.

Jim, you do realise that you're basically confirming my point don't you?

Not at all. Those were 4 mistakes (2 in the move for aguero's goal) without any effort at trawling through hours of games and match reports. No doubt you'll say but they were years ago but that misses my point. Search for his gaffs and you'll find them but you choose not to look.

Anyhow, as Ive said and I'll repeat, mignolet isnt the answer. And once again, lots of other keepers make mistakes but people generally dont get to see or hear about them.

Fuck it, for good measure, here's another one.

Chelsea star Eden Hazard took to social media to take tease team-mate Thibaut Courtois after his howler in Sunday's win against Hull.

The Blues were two goals up after half an hour but conceded twice in two minutes, the second when Courtois was unable to control a back-pass from Branislav Ivanovic.

The ball fell straight to Abel Hernandez who made no mistake with the goal gaping.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/eden-hazard-trolls-thibaut-courtois-after-chelsea-goalkeepers-howler-against-hull-10128528.html

Even the Mignolet supporters on here accept that he is not world class and would be delighted if we bought a much better keeper , but what does stick in the craw is a lot of Liverpool fans just basically hate him & will twist any situation to blame him for practically every goal.

Exactly.

We are a point up on the corresponding fixtures from last year. Considering we have missed Mané for over 2.5 games, Coutinho for 4 and Lallana for all 6, we are going well. I think we will improve on last seasons 76 points,it's just how much by is the question.

• Upvote 1

Bruce and then some would argue that it was actually Clemence. 

The great Keepers are worth 10-15 points a season, we haven't had that since Clem or Bruce(if you're up for a debate).

Clemence is the best I've seen at Liverpool.  Grobelaar was a very decent goalie. Reina was like a sack of spuds towards the end.  

Might? Jesus!

Okazaki had hold of his left arm for a few seconds, preventing him from getting a proper run at the corner and also stopping him from getting his balance right to jump.

I've seen people saying 'he's a big lad he should be stronger'. He's not Hulk Hogan, he's a normal sized keeper, and Okazaki is a strong lad himself with forearms like Popeye. He had a firm grip of Mignolet's arm and there isn't a keeper in the league that just shrugs that off and then deals with the cross.

If he'd made more of an effort to free himself he wouldn't have been able to get to the ball anyway. That goal was 100% on the officials.

Slate him for the penalty incident, or for taking too long on his clearances or whatever as that's all fair game, but blaming him for being blatantly fouled on that first goal is just baffling to me.

Definitely a foul and the officials missed it. It reminded me a bit of that game against West Ham away a couple of years ago. I was yelling at Mignolet for dropping a simple cross and replays showed that Andy Carol had smacked it out of his hands. Having said that, there's no way Okazaki should have been left alone with Mignolet in the first place. If someone goes and stands in front of your keeper then you have to have a man back to get between the two. It's basic and you could see Leicester doing it all game against Wijnaldum on Tuesday. Similarly for the second goal, Mignolet maybe should have done better with the initial shot but why on earth was Demarai Gray completely unmarked in the Liverpool penal area when we were 3-1 up? There's lots of talk about individual errors but we can definitely be set up to defend better.

Clemence is the best I've seen at Liverpool.  Grobelaar was a very decent goalie. Reina was like a sack of spuds towards the end.  

Remember the heady days not so long back of signing Jame and Kirkland on the same day(is that right?) and it was like thats it, we've sorted our goalies for years.

Oh