You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester(a) Premier League - Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Mignolet

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

Robertson

Can

Henderson

Coutinho

Salah

Sturridge

Firmino

Can and Henderson both to be fairly conservative and just mainly sit. If Vardy can get our back four/two isolated and run at them, he'll have a field day.

Coutinho creating centrally and roaming around with the safety net of the two behind him just sitting.

Sturridge being instructed to jib all the deep lying forward stuff and to play a bit like a poacher. Just floating around centrally to make little runs behind their centre backs and to give us a presence in the box for when crosses come in.

I think Gomez should get a run at right back. TAA impressed in the Hoffenheim game but has looked shaky on a few occasions since. Maybe while Mané is out, he could offer an option higher up the pitch where his crossing ability might be more effective and where he might not be as exposed defensively.

Mignolet

Gomez

Matip

Lovren

Robertson

Can

Henderson

Coutinho

Salah

Sturridge

Firmino

Can and Henderson both to be fairly conservative and just mainly sit. If Vardy can get our back four/two isolated and run at them, he'll have a field day.

Coutinho creating centrally and roaming around with the safety net of the two behind him just sitting.

Sturridge being instructed to jib all the deep lying forward stuff and to play a bit like a poacher. Just floating around centrally to make little runs behind their centre backs and to give us a presence in the box for when crosses come in.

I think Gomez should get a run at right back. TAA impressed in the Hoffenheim game but has looked shaky on a few occasions since. Maybe while Mané is out, he could offer an option higher up the pitch where his crossing ability might be more effective and where he might not be as exposed defensively.

I'm sorry mate but we need all hands to the pumps,Sturridge has offered next to nothing for years now,never challenges the centre backs,hopeless in the air unless in hits him on the head.We would be better off playing five in midfield, with Henderson selling programs as usual I am fucked if I know what we can do.
  • Upvote 1

Klopp's inadvertently created a bit of a mini crisis when he made so many changes for Burnley. I dont think we needed 7 changes this early in the season even with our heavy schedule. In turn, that made the defeat last night into a far bigger issue when really, as dave says in the match report, the game was pretty inconsequential to the season.

He's got to get a settled team in for this one so that means mignolet, lovren, salah, can and firmino come back in.

Going to be one to dig deep and stop trying to score the perfect goal all the time. Need a win but think the best we'll get will be a scoring draw.

Hard to know what to do with Firmino because hes far more effective central than out wide but Sturridge always has a goal in him if he gets the service.

Could try 2 up top but think I recall us trying that before with Firmino and him looking like he hadnt a clue how to play with a striker partner.

Personally its a waste playing Firmino out wide either play him centre or don't bother.

Klopp very rarely changes to a 2 up top formation I'd like to see him try it more.

I think West Ham away last season might have been the last time he went 2 up top when Sturridge scored. 

I'm sorry mate but we need all hands to the pumps,Sturridge has offered next to nothing for years now,never challenges the centre backs,hopeless in the air unless in hits him on the head.We would be better off playing five in midfield, with Henderson selling programs as usual I am fucked if I know what we can do.

We need workrate and digging in, true.

But, equally, you could make a case that we also need to have a presence in the box for when crosses come in etc. Firmino has the better work rate but seems to do most of his best work facing away from goal and in the channels.

Our defence is a big issue at the moment but, a few games aside, the attack is hardly firing on all cylinders either and, for me, it could be worth playing a more conventional striker.

The striker presses in our system to force the centre backs to go long. Leicester do that anyway.

Apparently Lovern is not training today and is a doubt for saturday according to the Echo.

Both him and Matip missed a lot of matches here and there though minor knocks last season.

The decision not to bring in players at CB could well kill our season before we get to january.

I think most of our problems stem from the midfield and the defence feels the brunt of it. I pray by some miracle we manage to get keita in January and by then the whole season hasn't already been ruined. Henderson and gini just seem to be completely fucking clueless they may as well play keepy ups against a wall yeah they will keep the ball moving but ultimately achieve fuck all except maybe annoy the shit out of the person on the other side of the wall.

The defenders are still shit though klavan plays like his controller isn't plugged in but he thinks it is.

Apparently Lovern is not training today and is a doubt for saturday according to the Echo.

Both him and Matip missed a lot of matches here and there though minor knocks last season.

The decision not to bring in players at CB could well kill our season before we get to january.

It is only a matter of time before Emre Can starts games for us at centre half - just like Lucas did....why?... simply because we totally fucked up in the window by not strengthening an obvious huge area of weakness.

that's not fair on our left back yesterday.  He put loads of top quality crosses in.  

He was given all night on the ball first half and put in one great cross.   Considering he had the freedom of the pitch thanks to Coutinho, that's not enough.   Still much better than his woeful outing against Burnley where he showed his second half form for 90 mins.

It's clear to see why Moreno is still our number one left back tbh.

He was given all night on the ball first half and put in one great cross.   Considering he had the freedom of the pitch thanks to Coutinho, that's not enough.   Still much better than his woeful outing against Burnley where he showed his second half form for 90 mins.

It's clear to see why Moreno is still our number one left back tbh.

wow.