Quantcast
Worst signing ever - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

Worst signing ever

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 Thoth

Thoth

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

The Markovic thread got me thinking .. well Jarzinho did, who is the worst player we have ever signed?

Diouf is my choice

#2 Kevin D

Kevin D

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

http://www.liverpool...pound/?hl=pound
...two others are in critical condition. When, after having heard the explosion from their practice facility, they ran into the fire to help get people out. Ran into the fire.

#3 Anubis

Anubis

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

Jimmy Carter. Will never forget this.

http://www.lfchistor...yer/Profile/457

Winger Carter earned himself a good reputation at Millwall after earlier spells with Crystal Palace and Queens Park Rangers. He was part of the Lions' squad who gained promotion into top division for the first time in the south-east London club's history in 1988. After signing for Kenny Dalglish on 10 January 1991 he went straight into the team for a League match at Aston Villa two days later. The Guardian commented on his performance in his second match against Wimbledon that he was "like a Millwall player masquerading in a Liverpool shirt" and unfortunately for Carter his move didn't work out. By the time Dalglish left Anfield, only six weeks after Carter's arrival, he had lost his place in the starting line-up. Carter only made eight appearances; five under Dalglish and three under his successor, Graeme Souness.

It was clear that Souness didn't rate the 25-year-old Londoner highly exemplified by when he substituted Carter at Stamford Bridge after he had come on as a substitute earlier in the game. Souness recouped over half of the purchase price when Arsenal paid £500,000 to take Carter back to London in October 1991. Carter spent over three years at Highbury but only played 30 matches and was twice loaned out to Oxford United before making a permanent move to Portsmouth in Football League One in 1995. Three years, 80 games and six goals later he was back at Millwall but his second spell with the club was nowhere near as successful as his first. At the end of the 1998/99 season he had to retire as a player at the age of 33 because of a serious back injury. He now works as a matchday host for Millwall.

I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass.

#4 ROTOQ

ROTOQ

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

The Markovic thread got me thinking .. well Jarzinho did, who is the worst player we have ever signed?

Diouf is my choice

Do you not think his charm made up for his lack of footballing ability?

Be the change you want to see in the world

#5 TK421

TK421

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Joe Cole

#6 Arnaud

Arnaud

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:51 PM

Aquilani - injured, expensive and kicked Alonso out.

#7 3 Stacks

3 Stacks

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Benteke because it was the most nonsensical transfer. We've bought worst players but he had zero chemistry with any of our players and couldn't have been less suited to our football. Plus he was fucking expensive.

#8 Jennings

Jennings

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:53 PM

Sean Dundee.

Gentleman Gamer.

#9 El Rojo

El Rojo

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Andy Carroll.

£35m when £35m was £35m.

He obviously had some limited strengths, but only if your side plays like Millwall in 1988.

"This is the only time you're going to be famous, when Paulie Malignaggi mentions your name."

#10 SasaS

SasaS

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

It depends on te perspective. Aquilani was the worst deal of recent years, on a par with Marković, the worst player maybe Jovanović or Degen. Diao. Competition is unbelievably tough. .

I'm really liking what he's giving us right now. If it continues then soon people will be talking about the 'SASAS'.

Dave Usher

#11 scottthecanuck

scottthecanuck

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

Mario anyone?
equal amounts of dogshit and icecream will taste more like the former than the latter

#12 VERBAL DIARRHEA

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:31 PM

Queued for hours to get David Morrisey's autograph with my nephew on Bold St, before we got to him he had to shoot off.

Oh and as a player Sean Dundee, as for value, Carroll.
Contrarians are sad virgins with fuck all better to do!

#13 Grinch

Grinch

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Benteke takes the most moronic signing crown.  A player who was never going to fit for massive money but what you expect when you've a shit manager and a team of scouts whose idea of working together is both getting to pick a player, thankfully Palace give us a huge sum for the lump and the scout's man is quality.

#14 VERBAL DIARRHEA

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Benteke takes the most moronic signing crown.  A player who was never going to fit for massive money but what you expect when you've a shit manager and a team of scouts whose idea of working together is both getting to pick a player, thankfully Palace give us a huge sum for the lump and the scout's man is quality.

We got lucky there mate, you're right.

#15 Mark M

Mark M

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Mario anyone?

bought to replace Suarez. Between him and Diouf for me.
Both dickheads that were shite and cost a lot at the time.

#16 Bobby Hundreds

Bobby Hundreds

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

Le tallec when you think the other option was Ronaldo. Bit like signing oxelaide instead of lemar possibly, potentially.. whatever.

#17 LFC 5 Times

LFC 5 Times

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Andy Carroll is still the stand out one for me, it still pains me to think about it. Markovic, Downing and Aquilani although the latter is a talented player are up there too.

#18 Creator Supreme

Creator Supreme

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Klopp!
The Creator Supreme

I can't let you out!!

Why not?

Because the king of the potato people won't let me!

'It's wonderful when you're playing for Scotland, and you look down at that dark blue jersey, and the wee lion looks up at you, and says "Get out there and get at those English bastards!"'

#19 VERBAL DIARRHEA

VERBAL DIARRHEA

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Klopp!

Oh you !

#20 Creator Supreme

Creator Supreme

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

Oh you !

I know, couldn't resist! It's obviously Rodgers (Klopp a close second!)
The Creator Supreme

I can't let you out!!

Why not?

Because the king of the potato people won't let me!

'It's wonderful when you're playing for Scotland, and you look down at that dark blue jersey, and the wee lion looks up at you, and says "Get out there and get at those English bastards!"'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users