You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Aug 11-13 2017)

tlw content

fabregas_redcard.jpg

Welcome back footy, I wish I could say that I’ve missed you, but opening weekend served only to remind just how thoroughly depressing this game can be at times. We shit the bed at Watford and every other result went against us, aside from Chelsea's but I'll get to that in due course.

It started off in all too predictable fashion on Friday night with Arsenal coming from behind to win it late with a goal from Giroud. It was the perfect start for Sky having a seven goal thriller and also a dream beginning for Gunners new man Lacazette who scored with his first touch just a minute into the game.

Arsenal’s joy was short lived as Japanese Dirk equalised and then Vardy levelled with a close range finish after a buffet ball from Albrighton. Welcrap got Arsenal back on terms after a spawny ricochet fell to him but Leicester hit back to lead again when Vardy rose like a salmon to head home. 

You know, it’s not really fashionable to say this, but Jamie Vardy is fucking brilliant. He’s got great striker’s instincts, he can finish, he runs like an Olympic sprinter, he’s good in the air, sharp as fuck and never stops running. I feel like this gets lost on a lot of people because he’s such a little scrote and has a weasel-like face, but if you can get past that (and I realise it's not easy) he’s ace and I like watching him. I know it’s a cliché but if he was South American everyone would buzz off him. 

At this point it was all going so well for those of us hoping to kick the new season in style with an Arsenal Fan TV meltdown, but then Ramsay made it 3-3 with eight minutes to go and we all knew what coming next, especially Leicester who seemed to just be standing around waiting for the executioner’s axe. Sure enough, a couple of minutes later Giroud rose highest to plant a header into the top corner. 

“What a great game” everyone said. Fuck that, nothing great about Arsenal winning in stoppage time. You can keep your seven goal thrillers if this is the outcome. Give me the worst game in the world with them losing to a goal then went in off Wes Morgan’s big arse any day. 

This is only a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

I'm like you Dave, I didn't really miss football in the summer at all. I did miss the weekly round ups though. Good to have them back

Thanks mate, nice to be appreciated! Funny thing is though, if we'd won I'd probably have been all in on opening weekend. The Reds wasting no time ruining weekends this year.

You know, it’s not really fashionable to say this, but Jamie Vardy is fucking brilliant. He’s got great striker’s instincts, he can finish, he runs like an Olympic sprinter, he’s good in the air, sharp as fuck and never stops running. I feel like this gets lost on a lot of people because he’s such a little scrote and has a weasel-like face, but if you can get past that (and I realise it's not easy) he’s ace and I like watching him. I know it’s a cliché but if he was South American everyone would buzz off him.

​True - but he also helped to get Ranieri the sack - scrote-weasel!