You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

C Palace (H) - 3pm, Sat 19/08/17 - Fourth time's a charm.

Trumo

Let's be fair, no one could have possibly predicted we'd have issues if we had a couple of injuries to key players.

There's absolutely nothing we could have done in the past two months that would have boosted our chances of coping with injuries due to increased travel and more games.

If only there was some sort of time period where a club could add quality players to their squad.

Every other club in the whole League gets this kind of opportunity. It seems quite unfair that only Liverpool don't get the same opportunity. Still, it doesn't matter when we have so many players who can come in and do a job. 

I can see things going nuclear when we don't win this. If we don't progress from the Hoffenheim match, and no signings are made, the fan base will blow. Big week for FSG.

If we win out next two games, keep Coutinho and bring in some quality late in the window, things will look a world apart from us losing Coutinho, no CL, and being out Benteke'd.

Fucking hell - losing 3 successive home games versus a pile of shite like these is criminal.

Be interesting to see what team we put out 3rd game in 7 days with a paper thin squad and a big game coming up a few days later

I know yeah. Just wish we had an opportunity to bring some extra men in to improve the squad. If only there was a time period when this could happen. I'm sure we would be all over it then...

Lawro v Liverpool forum fans prediction 

_97425524_liverpoolvcpalace.png

Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Against Huddersfield, Palace looked like a team where the new manager has come in, changed the whole way they play and the players are not convinced by it.

It did not seem to suit them and it can hardly help Frank de Boer that he has not been able to make many signings - sometimes the players you have must dictate your tactics.

For example, Eagles striker Christian Benteke did not fit into Jurgen Klopp's playing style when he was at Liverpool, and I think De Boer needs to keep it simple at the moment.

So, if you have got a 6ft 3in centre-forward like Benteke, then get people into wide areas and get crosses into the box for him.

Palace forward Wilfried Zaha is now out injured for a month too, and this feels like a good time for Liverpool to play them.

That is why I am backing the Reds to win - although I am tipping them to keep a clean sheet, which is quite a big shout at the moment.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Fans

Oh fuck, moan moan, we've already lost. FSG out, Klopps lost the plot. We haven't signed anyone, fuck moan moan.

Fan's Prediction 0-12272562