Quantcast
People who write full page reviews of matches. - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

People who write full page reviews of matches.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Anny Road

Anny Road

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Stop it.

I don't mean Dave whose site it is or the other lads who he works with but nobs like me.

Stop it, it is stupid and if you were any good at it you would be writing for a paper, a blog or Dave would have asked you to contribute.Make you look like an opinionated twat so stop it. 

Just say shit or ace like the rest of us.

Really fucks up a good thread went someone quotes one sentence from a 200 word essay and you feel you have to read all the shit for context.

#2 3 Stacks

3 Stacks

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Top thread.

#3 an tha

an tha

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:42 PM

So because some fella owns a site or some other fellas 'work' (snigger) for it their opinion is better/a better read than other peoples?

Fuck off.

#4 stringvest

stringvest

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

So because some fella owns a site or some other fellas 'work' (snigger) for it their opinion is better/a better read than other peoples?

Fuck off.

depends who the other people are.

#5 YNWA-Viking

YNWA-Viking

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

What are you smoking?

#6 an tha

an tha

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

depends who the other people are.

Well the o.p.is stating it applies to all unless you happen to be the lad who owns this site or one of the lads who write for it and that view is in my opinion a pile of shite.

#7 stringvest

stringvest

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Well the o.p.is stating it applies to all unless you happen to be the lad who owns this site or one of the lads who write for it and that view is in my opinion a pile of shite.

Most of them that write for it are not very good, but then most of them who just post on the forums aren't either.  I have my favourites, and I'll always read what they have to say.  I'm sure you do. 

#8 Anny Road

Anny Road

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

I'm not being shitty but I read reports by lads, often who where at the game, in 3 or 4 paragraphs giving full appreciation of how we played , tactical, appreciation etc etc. Great

Then I can read, or not, a full page of tactical interpretation of a person who was nowhere near the match. Your opinion is no less valid but you have no context.

Now I don't go the game anymore so I always have in my head a TV, Radio, Internet filter.

Does not mean I have not seen the game, does not mean I don't love the team but I limit my opinion to a few lines because I had no context..

Watching the game on the internet or on TV is OK and you are till a fan. I say you I mean we. But full page reviews are a bit stupid considering. 

#9 stringvest

stringvest

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

I'm not being shitty but I read reports by lads, often who where at the game, in 3 or 4 paragraphs giving full appreciation of how we played , tactical, appreciation etc etc. Great

Then I can read, or not, a full page of tactical interpretation of a person who was nowhere near the match. Your opinion is no less valid but you have no context.

Now I don't go the game anymore so I always have in my head a TV, Radio, Internet filter.

Does not mean I have not seen the game, does not mean I don't love the team but I limit my opinion to a few lines because I had no context..

Watching the game on the internet or on TV is OK and you are till a fan. I say you I mean we. But full page reviews are a bit stupid considering. 

Now that I can get on board with.  

#10 an tha

an tha

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Most of them that write for it are not very good, but then most of them who just post on the forums aren't either. I have my favourites, and I'll always read what they have to say. I'm sure you do.

Absolutely..

Just feel it is right out of line to tell others they shouldn't post whatever they want that is all

#11 El Rojo

El Rojo

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Verbosity is the soul of wit.
"This is the only time you're going to be famous, when Paulie Malignaggi mentions your name."

#12 Kevin D

Kevin D

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

Stop it.
I don't mean Dave whose site it is or the other lads who he works with but nobs like me.

Stop it, it is stupid and if you were any good at it you would be writing for a paper, a blog or Dave would have asked you to contribute.Make you look like an opinionated twat so stop it. 

Just say shit or ace like the rest of us.

Really fucks up a good thread went someone quotes one sentence from a 200 word essay and you feel you have to read all the shit for context.

Disagree strongly with this.

Nothing wrong with taking time to articulate a point.
...two others are in critical condition. When, after having heard the explosion from their practice facility, they ran into the fire to help get people out. Ran into the fire.

#13 Nelly-Torres

Nelly-Torres

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

Everybody. Everybody.

Make the forum more convenient for one user of it.

Or howsabout fucking not. Just scroll past the long posts.

#14 Anubis

Anubis

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

No disrespect, but if you don't want to read it then scroll past it like I do.

Personally speaking, I like watching Trumo express his sports-journo fantasy in one of the few arenas he's allowed to.

Fly free, Trumo. Ignore Anny and follow your dreams, mate.
I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass.

#15 TK421

TK421

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

Leave the ratings to the experts.

#16 G Richards

G Richards

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

I think people should say what they want. If it's not very good it will be skim-read, perhaps not unlike most of what's on the internet. Sometimes you see a point you hadn't thought of yourself or read before, but obviously with most of us seeing the same thing, there's a lot of redundancy.
"In him was life, and that life was the light of men." (John 1:4)

#17 cloggypop

cloggypop

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Leave the ratings to the experts.

And where are they?

#18 TK421

TK421

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

And where are they?

I'll do the CL game.  It might not be pretty, we're a bit crap.

#19 cloggypop

cloggypop

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

I'll do the CL game.

Get in!

#20 razor

razor

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

tl/dr

You can take that fan card scheme, that corporate intro music, that electronic advertising hoarding and all the other rubbish that I have to put up with and you can stuff 'em right up your arse! - Jimmy, Quadrophenia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users