You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A few thoughts from the match: Watford 3 Liverpool 3

tlw content

I don't think origi is anywhere near good enough to play for liverpool. He's not the only one. When he comes on a sub I don't think right we are going for it, he offers nothing I see no attributes to him at all, all I know is that he exists. I'd sell him immediately.

yeah. I expected a clear-out of the shite. Instead it feels like we have had a clear-in of shite - Karius, Wijnaldum, Klavan to name a few.

I don't think the defence played anywhere near as badly as people are making out. In general play we controlled them. All the back four had good games. Moreno looked very nervous in the first half an hour and was reverting to type diving in. After that he played well.

Firmino and Henderson had really bad games. It doesn't mean they're shite but it's difficult to watch when you can see it going wrong in front of your eyes.

The reason we drew was down a number of things. The set piece issue. This time it was Firmino but naturally conceding off a corner automatically means Lovren and/or Matip needs to be replaced. I know it seems a bit unfair but it was an unnecessary conceding of the corner due to Henderson going walkabout in midfield. It felt like he did that a lot.

The second goal was down our left and again it was down to Henderson switching off. The defending could have been better but there was some fortune to it as they did follow their men and Arnold stop the cross it just hit our own man I think and spilled to them.

When we took the lead we had a lot chances. I think salah had a good game but he really does have no conviction in his finishing. I think this is going to be a running theme throughout the season as every time is seen him play, although he has scored, he just cannot finish under pressure one on one.

The final goal was a bit of a freak. Again I don't know what the centre backs could have done about it. Wijnaldum did head it as well but it just came at an awkward height and hit their player. If Mignolet doesn't stick his hand out it flies out for a throw in across the pitch but he was unlucky.

Overall we started slow and lacked the creativity of Lallana and Coutinho but it wasn't half as bad as people are making out defensively. It's because we conceded 3 goals that automotaically means they had a bad game which in my opinion the back 4 didn't.

The first corner that they scored off came about because of fucking awful defending by Lovren.

Then wasn't the 2nd a result of Can and Moron fucking around on the touchline - had they just got rid of it the next passage of play wouldn't have happened.

The 3rd situation due to Gomez making a stupid foul.

Add in how badly we then defended the resulting situations we faced because of those mistakes and yeah i'd say we defended badly.

Same old story isn't it blistering at times in attack - how good a move was it for Mane's goal...but soft as shite at the back and every team will be licking their lips at the thought of getting corners agaunst us and loading up to expose our soft centre from them.

My mate yesterday as we waited to watch us face the first corner of the season said to me 'bet you a tenner they score'...

Awful defending by Lovren? Henderson went walkabout leaving the defence exposed. Matip stepped out (it's up to you whether you want to say that was a mistake or not) and they played a ball through leaving their player 1v1 with Lovren. I don't know what you expect him to do here but he backed off trying to contain him and then blocked the shot himself protecting the keeper.

The second goal Can AND Moreno weren't fucking about with it, Can did after Moreno won the ball but let's not miss an opportunity to stick the knife in. The last goal was extremely frustrating because it did come from Gomez being stupid out wide but there was plenty of opportunity to not concede the goal after that.

So many people go into these games just waiting to blame the defence for everything and anything. In this game they generally weren't bad. Lovren is a lot better than a lot of people give him credit for. His problem is his brain farts but he didn't do any of those in this game. After his first poor season he's actually been good ignoring those moments. It's still needs improving on obviously.

• Upvote 1

I agree in the general what you are saying, but 5d, you're well a bad spaz for even thinking that, let alone typing that. 

The lads a liability, because, like today, the opposition, as well as managers from the Zingara to the Namibian national Thursday league, see him as a liability.

Paul's always been too lenient towards Moreno IMO...

• Upvote 1