You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your LFC Mount Rushmore...

dave u

Shankly, Paisley & Kenny are all obviously on it, but who should the fourth head on the mountain be?

I'm going to do a poll on this as part of a wider project that's going to run this summer (details to be announced soon), but before I put it to a vote I need to narrow it down to four names.

I'm thinking Moran, Gerrard, Barnes & Liddell, unless you can persuade me otherwise.

So what do you reckon, should they be the four names on the poll for the final place on Mount Rushmore, or have I missed someone obvious?

Shankly, Paisley & Kenny are all obviously on it, but who should the fourth head on the mountain be?

I'm going to do a poll on this as part of a wider project that's going to run this summer (details to be announced soon), but before I put it to a vote I need to narrow it down to four names.

I'm thinking Moran, Gerrard, Barnes & Liddell, unless you can persuade me otherwise.

So what do you reckon, should they be the four names on the poll for the final place on Mount Rushmore, or have I missed someone obvious?

Got to be Joe Fagan, Dave.

• Upvote 3

The old farts always talk up Keegans contribution to the 70s era.

His contribution is probably overlooked for a few reasons.

At any other club he would probably be one of the first picks.

From everything I read and heard he was the emodiment of Shankly on the pitch.

I'd go with Gerrard. It depends who it's for though. The wider footballing fraternity say we live in the past. Gerrard brings the quartet up to date, and he is one of the very best players we've ever had.

On the other hand, if it's an 'in house' sort of thing for Liverpool fans only, I'd probably go for Billy Liddell. When I first became a fan as a nipper, there were still some real old timers who could remember Billy Liddell, and the consensus from them seemed to be that he was the best there was.

I'd go with Gerrard. It depends who it's for though. The wider footballing fraternity say we live in the past. Gerrard brings the quartet up to date, and he is one of the very best players we've ever had.

On the other hand, if it's an 'in house' sort of thing for Liverpool fans only, I'd probably go for Billy Liddell. When I first became a fan as a nipper, there were still some real old timers who could remember Billy Liddell, and the consensus from them seemed to be that he was the best there was.

Gerrard is my pick too. And if I wasn't going that way, it'd be Moran I think.