You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MayDUP government confirmed

Megadrive Man

Guest Pistonbroke

I can't get my head around why there isn't a national uproar and rioting on the streets over this DUP deal.

Give it time, that utter twat May has to explain why she can give 1 Billion of tax payers money to NI yet schools/NHS etc have to face cuts. She has made every decision she now takes a whole lot harder, can of worms springs to mind, although it's a huge fucking can. Plus does anyone not actually believe the DUP won't be back for more? 

I can't get my head around why there isn't a national uproar and rioting on the streets over this DUP deal.

I think a lot of people are still celebrating Jeremy Corbyn's recent General Election win & have somehow forgotten that we're still actually ruled by complete & utter vermin.

Things are going to get worse before they get better & we'll probably see some rioting before long.

I'd rather the Tories be in power to deliver Brexit anyway because it's a poison chalice and they can't deliver it without devastating consequences to the economy and jobs. It could wipe them out for the foreseeable future.

Their plan is obvious though. There're going to use Theresa May as the fall guy for when negoitations turn sour with the EU. At which point they'll get rid of her and put some new unelected leader in charge using the fallacy of "having a mandate from the British people".

I hope Labour use Brexit as a means to character assassinate the Tory party the way they did to Labour after the 2009 financial crash. When they said Labour tanked the economy, borrowed obscene amounts of money and left a note saying all the moneys gone when they left. I want to see Labour repeatedly and mercilessly kick a dog while it's down over this. 

• Upvote 3

I'd rather the Tories be in power to deliver Brexit anyway because it's a poison chalice and they can't deliver it without devastating consequences to the economy and jobs. It could wipe them out for the foreseeable future.

Their plan is obvious though. There're going to use Theresa May as the fall guy for when negoitations turn sour with the EU. At which point they'll get rid of her and put some new unelected leader in charge using the fallacy of "having a mandate from the British people".

I hope Labour use Brexit as a means to character assassinate the Tory party the way they did to Labour after the 2009 financial crash. When they said Labour tanked the economy, borrowed obscene amounts of money and left a note saying all the moneys gone when they left. I want to see Labour repeatedly and mercilessly kick a dog while it's down over this.

No chance the press will let the public believe any ramifications from brexit should be blamed on the Tories. It'll be anyone/everyone but them

No chance the press will let the public believe any ramifications from brexit should be blamed on the Tories. It'll be anyone/everyone but them

They will try but something has changed, a change that up until a few weeks ago seemed almost impossible. Young people actually bothered voting.

The youth vote has always frightened the tories and Corbyn has let the genie out of the bottle and the tories are rightly shiting themselves.

The youth wanted something they could relate to and they do not hang thier hat on the established media, good.

Britain is changing, the youth are no longer in slumber, hallelujah.

https://youtu.be/rrkjR9NXlUk

• Upvote 1

They will try but something has changed, a change that up until a few weeks ago seemed almost impossible. Young people actually bothered voting.

The youth vote has always frightened the tories and Corbyn has let the genie out of the bottle and the tories are rightly shiting themselves.

The youth wanted something they could relate to and they do not hang thier hat on the established media, good.

Britain is changing, the youth are no longer in slumber, hallelujah.

I tend to believe this is the case and the genie isn't going back in the bottle,  This government won't make it though to the end of Brexit,

Cheek of that cunt Davies today saying it was a badly designed campaign at fault and damning Labour with faint praise, The bag of shite was instrumental in persuading Maybot to do to polls for no other reason that he thought they could grab a quick landslide and now he is effectively pitching for the leadership. No insight whatsoever that people saw the Tories for the liars for what they are and that Brexit is still a massive issue for many people.  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40415925

I see Corbyn has tabled a motion to be debated and voted on in Parliament calling for the immediate end to the public sector pay freeze. He will obviously be backed by the Scottish and Welsh so that leaves the tories needing the dup (who want an end to austerity in Northern Ireland) to stop the government being defeated.

Let's see May argue about magic money trees. May is soon to find out what a mouse feels like played with by a cat.

I see Corbyn has tabled a motion to be debated and voted on in Parliament calling for the immediate end to the public sector pay freeze. He will obviously be backed by the Scottish and Welsh so that leaves the tories needing the dup (who want an end to austerity in Northern Ireland) to stop the government being defeated.

Let's see May argue about magic money trees. May is soon to find out what a mouse feels like played with by a cat.

More police and fire too which the Tories will have no choice but to vote against, whenever they talk about needing to get the public finances in order they can just slap them with the 1.5bn DUP deal. 

Agreed it'll be interesting to see how this play's out.

I think Hesseltine may have something to say about that.

Heseltine did some ok things on Merseyside but he was only dropped into the area because the tories panicked big time at outsiders getting a negative view of the city through the riots and large scale unemployment and industrial strife being reported through the media. Liverpool was transformed with a hell of a lot of EU money and anything the thatcher establishment supposedly gave the city was taken back in other ways.

Heseltine did some ok things on Merseyside but he was only dropped into the area because the tories panicked big time at outsiders getting a negative view of the city through the riots and large scale unemployment and industrial strife being reported through the media. Liverpool was transformed with a hell of a lot of EU money and anything the thatcher establishment supposedly gave the city was taken back in other ways.

Did he/they do much for the city? I remember the Garden Festival. 

Agree completely with this, but having listened to him being interviewed in later years I think he has a real affection for the city and area and tried his best at the time.

I did say 'supposedly.' I do remember these development agencies shooting up all over the place to attract business to the area but I only remember small businesses taking up the offers because of free rent. Those development agencies kept going in various guises for a while but where wellied out after 2010 by giving the responsibility to look after them to councils who couldnt afford them.

Despite 7 years of cuts, most people just accept it in their day to day lives, but the recent incidents have brought them figures into the public conscience.

I think the Labour amendment is brilliant politicking.

Either the Tories vote against the Police and Fire service, showing them for the complete hypocrites that they are. Or they vote down their own Queens speech, throwing themselves into chaos.

I assume they will abstain and backed up by the press try to take the moral high ground, disgusting using the Police as political footballs.

It sort of reminds me of the benefits bill when the majority of Labour MPs abstained.   

My old Ma loved the Garden Festival, went on about it for years , Closest thing she ever got to seeing the world.  Personally I was more than a  bit pissed off that I had to move away to get a job and didn't give a fuck about the bastard garden festival,