You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The priority?

Kevin D

73 members have voted

1. 1. ...

Centre back. We won't get Keita, we aren't signing Mbappe or Lacazette either. VD wants to come and would be a massive upgrade on Lovren. A decent LB would make us stronger but hard to see one pushing out Milner. Henderson hopefully staying fit with Can takes care of the midfield for now.

Our biggest problem last year was not being able to break down shit low block bus parking teams, especially at home. The biggest cause of that for me was our shit spineless centre mids taking six or seven touches on the ball, bottling any possible forward pass, before passing it back to Lovren or Mignolet. So I voted centre mid because we can do a lot better in there.

If we're more potent in attack and we score early against those teams we can manage the game a lot better and I think our defence will end up improving because of it too.

Our biggest problem last year was not being able to break down shit low block bus parking teams, especially at home. The biggest cause of that for me was our shit spineless centre mids taking six or seven touches on the ball, bottling any possible forward pass, before passing it back to Lovren or Mignolet. So I voted centre mid because we can do a lot better in there.

If we're more potent in attack and we score early against those teams we can manage the game a lot better and I think our defence will end up improving because of it too.

i agree a fair bit with this but would also add that our lack of width/relying on full backs who are shite at attacking providing so much of our width is as much a problem in those games - if our full backs were better going forward we'd hurt these shite teams who park bus a lot more

Centre back is the biggest need in the team.

We are very good going forward, and Salah will help that and we should be even better.

We are pretty average at the back. VVD could help transform that.

Over the course of the season Salah will give us 10+ more goals, plus plenty of assists, and VVD will help us concede 10+ fewer goals. This will have big implications for our prospects.

Centre back because klopp seems happy with firmino as striker and with the addition of salah we've added more goals.

We need a superhero centre back who can help us concede fewer goals while we still play kamikaze football.

• Upvote 1

Yes, the yacht is nice to entertain girls in Monaco, but can it blockade an African colony on a wet Wednesday night?

Judging by the size and elevation of that ramp up the side, I'd have to say yes. Probably.

The defence is weak, not helped by Keeganball, but goalkeeper is our weakest position.

Think it is a hard one.

Matip is talented, but seldom fit, at the same time, though if we can grab that Milan GK, we ought to splash it for him. Should we be aiming to maintain our top 4 credentials, or driving to see if we can steal the champions league out the back door?