You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Telly Programmes That Make You Want To Kill

Mook

Guest Pistonbroke

Was just about to post the same thing. Just turn over or switch it off.

I'm thinking that is what the majority of people do. However, there are certain programmes that have a panel/studio guests and depending who that is can fuck things up badly. Question time and MOTD spring to mind. 

Was just about to post the same thing. Just turn over or switch it off.

Pretty difficult when you get home from work, there's a toddler running about and your wife has some shite on the telly just to walk in and turn it off, leave the room or go on another device to watch something else.

With that Catfish, the mere fact that exists irks me, never mind having to see any of it.

I would add that we have a compromise in my house, my missus puts up with my music so I put up with the odd shite programme she wants to watch, which is where this thread comes in.

Forgo really annoys me. It's objectively a very good show, but the Coen Brothers(I know they aren't they showrunnners) style over credible plot is always something that pisses me off. That's also magnified when I voice that complaint and am informed that I "don't get it".

Pretty difficult when you get home from work, there's a toddler running about and your wife has some shite on the telly just to walk in and turn it off, leave the room or go on another device to watch something else.

With that Catfish, the mere fact that exists irks me, never mind having to see any of it.

I would add that we have a compromise in my house, my missus puts up with my music so I put up with the odd shite programme she wants to watch, which is where this thread comes in.

Play with the baby and ignore the TV or put some music on some headphones instead. Missus used to watch the X Factor, I'd either go elsewhere or make her go elsewhere but we'd watch the Sopranos and the Wire together. I've still never seen an episode of the X Factor.

I don't get this. Why watch something that pisses you off? Surely in a world of multiple platforms and devices there's no need to suffer shit telly just because someone else is watching it.

To use as the basis of an argument in order to release the tension that has built up all day?

The only thing I would say is that there is way too many reality shows on TV and then you have shows like the Crystal Maze having 'celebrity' specials and they're full of reality TV people. I think we need to redefine our definition of 'celebrity' because someone on a reality show with no discernible talent should not be getting more airtime.

The only thing I would say is that there is way too many reality shows on TV and then you have shows like the Crystal Maze having 'celebrity' specials and they're full of reality TV people. I think we need to redefine our definition of 'celebrity' because someone on a reality show with no discernible talent should not be getting more airtime.

In fairness Louis Spence was a dancer in the west end so he does have a talent.
  • Upvote 1

Emmerdale does my head in. I'm around people that constantly talk about it.

"Did you see Emmerdale last night?"

"Ahh it was amazing wasn't it?"

"What did you think when Aaron did that?"

I feel like shouting at the top of my voice "it's fucking Emmerdale farm, not Schindler's List". I've restrained myself though. it's mostly just quiet seething and occasional head shakes or the gentle sound of anguish escaping my lips involuntarily.

• Upvote 1

The fact that he is the most talented on the new crystal maze program says a lot about the rest of them on that show.

I watched the 1st episode but only made it to the first set of adverts.

The other thing is why do we need celebrity specials of the Crystal Maze? Just put the episodes on with regular people on it.

Doesn't really change my point about the reality TV people.

It's a thing of the past mate celebs are now no marks off big brother and any other shite shows where you have no talent,remember that knob who was lady Di's butler he was on all types of shite just because he brought her her breakie and the paper in the morning, he's even ended up being a bandit to stay in the limelight.

Emmerdale does my head in. I'm around people that constantly talk about it.

"Did you see Emmerdale last night?"

"Ahh it was amazing wasn't it?"

"What did you think when Aaron did that?"

I feel like shouting at the top of my voice "it's fucking Emmerdale farm, not Schindler's List". I've restrained myself though. it's mostly just quiet seething and occasional head shakes or the gentle sound of anguish escaping my lips involuntarily.

It's never been the same since Amos Brierly left Boss.

• Upvote 1

It's never been the same since Amos Brierly left Boss.

I don't know who that is dickie but i'm sure he was a colossus in comparison to the ones they have now. I've picked up all the characters names just off hearing conversations. I know Kane, Aaron, David, Lorrel, Charity and Ashley. They talk about it like it's real life. It's all very confusing.

I don't know who that is dickie but i'm sure he was a colossus in comparison to the ones they have now. I've picked up all the characters names just off hearing conversations. I know Kane, Aaron, David, Lorrel, Charity and Ashley. They talk about it like it's real life. It's all very confusing.

Wasn't seth in it originally as well he was great.

I don't know who that is dickie but i'm sure he was a colossus in comparison to the ones they have now. I've picked up all the characters names just off hearing conversations. I know Kane, Aaron, David, Lorrel, Charity and Ashley. They talk about it like it's real life. It's all very confusing.

Never heard of the cunts.

If Amos is mentioned Mr Wilkes has to be too.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's a thing of the past mate celebs are now no marks off big brother and any other shite shows where you have no talent,remember that knob who was lady Di's butler he was on all types of shite just because he brought her her breakie and the paper in the morning, he's even ended up being a bandit to stay in the limelight.

I'd pay good money to watch a show if they shoved all the so called celebrities into a jungle for a real version of the hunger games.