You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Telly Programmes That Make You Want To Kill

Mook

My missus is always watching this Catfish programme when I get in from work, it drives me fucking mental.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's about people in America who have been duped on online dating sites by fat, ugly cunts pretending to be good looking. It's the most pointless pile of shite I've ever seen & my Mum used to watch Howard's Way.

• Upvote 1

My missus is always watching this Catfish programme when I get in from work, it drives me fucking mental.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's about people in America who have been duped on online dating sites by fat, ugly cunts pretending to be good looking. It's the most pointless pile of shite I've ever seen & my Mum used to watch Howard's Way.

Ha ha I've seen that. People are fucking dumb to fall for it but the ones doing the lying are cunts.

Guest Pistonbroke

Right wing media, or in other words the News/political programmes like Questiontime. 

All those reality TV bollocks. Also any program that ends with "If you have been affected....blah blah blah." If it affects you despite being fictional then don't fucking watch it you cretins. 

You mean people lie on the internet to get laid?

*quietly leaves thread*

That's the point, they don't get laid as they never meet. 19 yr old Harvard Freshman Hannah turns out to be 58 yr old Stan an unemployed trucker living in a trailer park in Arkansas.

The wife isn't too bad telly-wise generally but she does watch that ' Say Yes to The Dress ' about picking wedding dresses. It just constitutes of gobby American women and their mates and family  over-emoting and over-exaggerating the importance of the process. They all end up telling Randy ( an ageing gay bloke ) that he has saved their life - no, he has just flogged you a $ 10000 dress.

One of my small pleasures in life is ruining it a bit for her by making sarky comments.

• Upvote 1

Question time is fucking shit.

Big brother and celebrity big brother. The people in it are just vaguely famous, basically any type of reality show that has celebrities in it. Usually washed up soap actors, former footballers, other cunts from reality TV shows or 80s singers.

Eastenders, Citizen Khan, My Family, Downton Abbey and Come dine with me.

I'm either luckier or smarter than most people here, because my wife isn't into any shit telly (or films or music); if anything, she's pickier than me.  So, for me, just not watching shit telly is a very achievable alternative to being driven to a murderous rampage.

If it's shite, it's on in our house. 

That catfish one, married wives of Dovecot, every shit soap, singing challenges, talentless challenges, basically anything thats car crash telly, me missus and daughters will watch it.

The time of men being the master of the remote control has been lost in our house. 

I like Catfish. It's pure car crash stuff but I really enjoy it.

Edit: I can't even blame the Mrs for watching it. I found it first and got her into it

She's was watching Dance Moms for a while but thankfully seems to have given it up. Complete and utter garbage about some fat heffer that runs a kids dance group and all the mums argue with each other about whose kid's the best in front of said kids.

I read something recently about the fat heffer having been sent to prison for a year. It's restored my faith in karma.

I am always watching what I like on my laptop but my missus watches all those crime things on Discovery ID or whatever. She annoys the fuck out of me though by turning over to QVC and those other shopping channels in the breaks where some stupid bird talks about handbags for three hours non stop.

The original film was pretty good but I haven't seen any of the MTV stuff.

Homes Under The Hammer does my head in. I would like to put Martin Leyland Roberts head under the hammer for being the worst dressed man on television.

I don't get this. Why watch something that pisses you off? Surely in a world of multiple platforms and devices there's no need to suffer shit telly just because someone else is watching it.

Was just about to post the same thing. Just turn over or switch it off.