You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glastonbury 2017

Mook

Glastonsbury started to mean more as a trendy 'I did this, I did that' with office suits than 'I loved this band and I loved that band' many years ago.

I'm sure there are still festivals that are more about music than image, but Glastonbury certainly isn't among them.

I'd rather saw my arm off than go to Glastonbury, regardless of which artists were on. Fucking hooray henrys running about the place yelping and i dunno something that could rhyme with yelping. Wall to wall welly clad tossers. 

• Upvote 1

Glastonsbury started to mean more as a trendy 'I did this, I did that' with office suits than 'I loved this band and I loved that band' many years ago.

I'm sure there are still festivals that are more about music than image, but Glastonbury certainly isn't among them.

Le Guess Who in Utrecht is more my thing these days. Fantastic imaginative line up and it's all in various venues around the city. Great beer and the food isn't overpriced as you can eat and drink anywhere in Utrecht. I used to fly back for Sound City at home when it was doing something similar but it can fuck right off now it's moved down the docks.

Went to the Isle of Wight festival last week and it pisses all over Glastonbury., ok the acts this year weren't top notch (apart from Arcade Fire ) but it's chilled out, usually guaranteed weather and a million times smaller so what's not to like?

I used to enjoy Glastonbury when you'd see naked people walking around not batting an eyelid, stepping over a woman masturbating in the middle of a walkway, when people were so brazen about their drug dealing that they made advertising signs, and you could just climb over the wall and walk in.

I don't want to go all "I remember when all this was fields", but I definitely got the (very) back end of the best years.  Now it's another corporate whore.

• Upvote 2

First time I went I was on the way back from France and we went and had a look at the off chance of getting in. Sat off drinking strong cider and smoking weed while watching some bloke in camo gear including his face paint digging under the fence with an army issue trenching spade thing. After a couple of hours I just started bunking people over. Piece of piss. I offered to bunk him over but he was too into his tunnel so I left him to it and got bunked over myself.

Stickman, on 16 Jun 2017 - 9:18 PM, said:

Went to the Isle of Wight festival last week and it pisses all over Glastonbury., ok the acts this year weren't top notch (apart from Arcade Fire ) but it's chilled out, usually guaranteed weather and a million times smaller so what's not to like?

Brilliant festival. I went every year from 06 to 11. Saw people like McCartney, The Rolling Stones, The Police, The Sex Pistols... great atmosphere as well never seen a single fight there. Did get soaked a few times mind, one day in particular. Complete wash out.

Sounds like the opposite of T In The Park, guaranteed fight every five minutes and women pissing in clear view of hundreds of people.

Basically a festival to celebrate the failure of the human race.

• Upvote 1

First time I went I was on the way back from France and we went and had a look at the off chance of getting in. Sat off drinking strong cider and smoking weed while watching some bloke in camo gear including his face paint digging under the fence with an army issue trenching spade thing. After a couple of hours I just started bunking people over. Piece of piss. I offered to bunk him over but he was too into his tunnel so I left him to it and got bunked over myself.

My sister went and jumped the fence.  She landed on a pouch of pills and money.  Good start to the weekend.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the opposite of T In The Park, guaranteed fight every five minutes and women pissing in clear view of hundreds of people.

Basically a festival to celebrate the failure of the human race.

That's a festival that needs to ban football colours.

The line up is shit but Glasto isn't about who is playing, it's about being off your barnet at 3am watching some fella licking mud. Gutted I'm not going.

Ive had a look at it and if it was just a music thing i'd be running back and forth from stage to stage so i'm not stuck watching fucking KT Tunstell or some shit. Would have to leave the Foo's before the end to go and catch Fatboy Slim on the Saturday night like. Poor line up though by their standards 

T in The Park always has the best line-up but as Mook said, it's a fucking 4 day prison riot. I got into a bit of aggro at Heaton park with 2 scottish lads just before the Roses came on. Both off their faces just barging through people and they walked right into my mate whose got one arm and started laughing at him. I put both my drinks down and squared up to one of them and about 4 massive (dead sound) manc fellas who had been stood next to us just launched them away. Spent the next 20 minutes expecting to feel a blade in my back. 

I have other ways of expressing soulfulness than queuing for hours to smell other peoples shit. Like I say I could spend all day there then go home for a good bath. Up early shower shave good shit on a clean bog. Down for a full breakfast , fresh coffee then driven to the place. And repeat. that would be great. or one of these.

00WinneUltAdvLow1.jpg