You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool FC Ticket Exchange Scheme (new lower prices)

Sputnik1

New prices.

SsMrjEi.png

Old prices

45aa936b45875b268ccb97789d3df6a8a9e59cc9

As little as a £21 credit now for returning your ticket, bear in mind the ticket office sell these on for full price. Now nobody expects them to do this for nothing, but they're shifting downwards. 

I believe Chelsea (the plastic flag waving whoppers) offer an online ticket exchange where they charge £1.50 admin fee, you get the rest which is considerably more percentage wise than our fans who are losing close to 50% of the value of their ticket. 

Arsenal too offer a service where you get the money paid into your bank account.

With the modern marvel that is technology, smartphones you'd think a better system could be created. 

We really need an independent fans authority to govern the greedy crooks clubs who generally just look to fleece their fanbase. buy generally I mean specifically and by fanbase I mean us and by clubs I mean Liverpool.

Is this any different from touting?

Yes, it's legal and not for profit. Well unless you count the (cough, rip off cough) profit administration fees the club rake in, as they sell the ticket at full price and if they don't sell it you get nothing. 

Ironically the club 'sell' it as 'beating touting'

Irony it is, indeed!

It angers me that my club says they’re trying to fight touting and in fact encourages it. “beating touting” –  f** off, utter bullshit.

As our club won’t do anything to fight touting we as fans have to make our own moral and our own laws.

Here’s my stand:

Pass on your ticket, season ticket or other ticket, to a fellow fan whenever you want. Don’t use the ticket exchange scheme. But do remember to pass it on for no more than FV.  Let it be a principle. If a ticket costs 48 quid and the buyer gives you 50, let him fucking have 2 quid back, skip compulsory bevvie or anything. FV=price!

• Upvote 1

I'd go a step further, I'd have an legitimate website set up with full authority from the FA/premier  league for fans with season tickets (they would have to register with those details) to sell their spares to fans of their club who have fan cards (again they would have to register) and you would be limited to the amount of times in a season you could transfer your ticket. 

If the chavs can offer this at about £1.50 an exchange then surely an independent website could offer this for less than the 45% the club are creaming off. 

And while we are at it, every man and his dog are currently making a fortune from the inflated prices surrounding the premier League, except of course the fans. Why we're even legally stopped from trying to turn a profit, shame none of the other crooks in the game aren't held to the same standard. 

Remember the tales of the Liverpool v Chelsea game a few seasons ago that were selling for a few hundred, I was even offered hundreds of pounds for a corporate 2007 CL final ticket as I walked away from picking it up. I refused of course. 

If all fans could trade their tickets then yes initially you'd get crazy prices for the high profile games but eventually it would calm down as supply more than met demand. Then you'd see a proper picture of the going rate of a ticket for a match. 

Oh hang on, we don't want fans to see that. Not in a club that charges champagne prices for pommagne football. 

I think if you had an open, fair and legal ticket exchange you'd basically see off the touts. But not when the club are shitting on fans by touting them themselves. 

• Upvote 1

There can't be many people who use this system though, surely...

Everyone has mates, family etc who they can pass tickets onto for games.

I am in the ACS and have been for years and I will openly admit I don't do all the games - but the seat never goes empty, even if a couple of times it has been to people off here - always a friend or friend of a friend etc who wants to go the match.

There can't be many people who use this system though, surely...

Everyone has mates, family etc who they can pass tickets onto for games.

I am in the ACS and have been for years and I will openly admit I don't do all the games - but the seat never goes empty, even if a couple of times it has been to people off here - always a friend or friend of a friend etc who wants to go the match.

I used it for Swansea as I was away with the whole family and friends. I definitely won't use it again. 

Have they just posted this on the offal because Ive got no email about it.

That's fucking appalling and ripping off season ticket holders.

Presumably, those are the prices for 'Cat A' games  or have they introduced this for all home games irrespective of who the oppos are?

Basically the club shouldn't be quietly sneaking out these big drops in what they give back to fans for re selling their tickets, with the benefit of technology these days costs should be coming down and it should be easier.

In short, the club are being twats and as I've stated thousands of times, if they provided any other service to me than football, I'd have fucked their sorry arses off many years ago. I hate them, the greedy ***ts.

Have they just posted this on the offal because Ive got no email about it.

That's fucking appalling and ripping off season ticket holders.

Presumably, those are the prices for 'Cat A' games  or have they introduced this for all home games irrespective of who the oppos are?

They won't make much noise about this, like some of the other cuntish moves they've quietly made, you'll have to wait to see if they get much press.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-Exchange-Information#Rewards

I cannot see anything about different prices for different categories, although I doubt they'll sell returned Cat A games for less.

They won't make much noise about this, like some of the other cuntish moves they've quietly made, you'll have to wait to see if they get much press.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-Exchange-Information#Rewards

I cannot see anything about different prices for different categories, although I doubt they'll sell returned Cat A games for less.

When they brought out this Cat A, B, C shit and they re sold your seat, you got the amount credited relevant to the game category. So, A was most, B less and C even less.

Im guessing the amounts they show for 2017 \ 18 is the max re sale credit for an A game whichwould mean you'd get less credit for B & C. As I said, unless they are just giving one credit across the board but it's still fucking off loyal STH's. The fucking renewal they sent out beginning of May bigged up the ticket exchange blah, blah, fucking blah.

These are the tickets that make up the "additional members sale" tickets aren't they...

So the club basically get the money originally from the season ticket holders - then they sell the seats that people put into this system to members at full price (more than the original season ticket holder would have paid worked out on a game for game basis) and cream off a load returning less than (based on the game by game cost of the seasie) what the season ticket holder paid for it originally.

crooked bastards

These are the tickets that make up the "additional members sale" tickets aren't they...

So the club basically get the money originally from the season ticket holders - then they sell the seats that people put into this system to members at full price (more than the original season ticket holder would have paid worked out on a game for game basis) and cream off a load returning less than (based on the game by game cost of the seasie) what the season ticket holder paid for it originally.

crooked bastards

Not always no. Ive had to return my ticket on the morning of a game so its clearly been sold at the ticket office window.