You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FAO those who contributed to Stevebaby's collection

Champ

Agghh guys that's really sweet on stuff for my old man, so far council housing have been terrific and are providing adult social care assistance with his move in. I'd feel terrible to accept anything if it's already available to him. Can you hold on for a bit on this?

The fund was for Steviebabys memory though and it's pretty hard to go against donating to his hospice

Remmie's old man could do with it now, I don't pretend to know Stevie but he loved the community of this place and helping 'one of us' seems appropriate.

What are the plans for your dad, Rem?

If people would like to help out it does make sense to see what he's short of or something that might make life a bit more comfortable for him once plans are in place.

And in the meantime if people would like to throw in a few pounds then all the better. And maybe there could be something for the hospice too?

What are the plans for your dad, Rem?

If people would like to help out it does make sense to see what he's short of or something that might make life a bit more comfortable for him once plans are in place.

And in the meantime if people would like to throw in a few pounds then all the better. And maybe there could be something for the hospice too?

He moves in on Friday and is already getting a futon from a friend and a bed from me. As I have been in hospital, I've not really been on top of finding out the extent of help provided by adult social care and haven't been to see it to gauge what he needs.

But, he will definitely need a smaller mobility scooter, a desk, a wardrobe, bedside table, a fridge, microwave and some more clothes. And some plates and dishes at some stage. Fortunately, my neighbour works at Age UK in a massive 2nd hand furniture depot and we can get some stuff there

He moves in on Friday and is already getting a futon from a friend and a bed from me. As I have been in hospital, I've not really been on top of finding out the extent of help provided by adult social care and haven't been to see it to gauge what he needs.

But, he will definitely need a smaller mobility scooter, a desk, a wardrobe, bedside table, a fridge, microwave and some more clothes. And some plates and dishes at some stage. Fortunately, my neighbour works at Age UK in a massive 2nd hand furniture depot and we can get some stuff there

I've missed this Remmie. What's up?

i've got a mobility scooter he could have ( my mums), bugger all kms.

Unfortunately it's in Australia.Probably cheaper to send his dad over than post the scooter.

• Upvote 1