You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone fancy another Draft to pass the time?

Bjornebye

Hardly any footy left this season. Something to keep us occupied? I'm unsure on the category/ies yet but will gage who is in. Hoping for a decent number so we can pass away as much of the summer as possible. 

also thinking of totting up all previous drafts and awarding points? 1 point for a semi final loss, 2 points for a final loss 5 points for winning? Just keep the league going a bit like the prediction league. thoughts? Oh and want to introduce a rep from every playing member to the winner everytime. 

Depends what it is but maybe. If it's a categories one, maybe we could crowd-source the categories?

I think Dynamite suggested something similar to your "league table" idea before and it wasn't that well received? I'm not fussed either way.

You mean each player brings a category Dim?  

The league table is by the by, I'll do it at some point just need to go through the last drafts. Wont make any difference to anyone else apart from they can see how they have been fairing. 

11 category ideas, happy to go with or amend whatever the popular decision is. 

A World Cup winner from 1966 onwards (including 1966) 

A current under 21 year old player 

A current player from any of the London clubs

A premier league winner (not old Division 1) 

A serie A winner since 1990

An FA Cup winner since 1980

A non UK or Irish Liverpool player from 1985 onwards 

A bundesliga player (current) 

A South American player (current) 

A current player over the age of 33 

Any player who played for Benfica, Porto or Sporting Lisbon since 1990 

You mean each player brings a category Dim?  

The league table is by the by, I'll do it at some point just need to go through the last drafts. Wont make any difference to anyone else apart from they can see how they have been fairing. 

Yeah, that was what I meant.

Tbh, I don't think I can be arsed at the minute but if/when it gets to the stage of starting, I might join in.

Depends what it is but maybe. If it's a categories one, maybe we could crowd-source the categories?

I think Dynamite suggested something similar to your "league table" idea before and it wasn't that well received? I'm not fussed either way.

My suggestion was to change to a scoring system, on top of the normal voting, rather than just a straight up vote for progression. 

As for this draft, I'm in. However I'd prefer that all selection categories are for current players only.

My suggestion was to change to a scoring system, on top of the normal voting, rather than just a straight up vote for progression. 

As for this draft, I'm in. However I'd prefer that all selection categories are for current players only.

yeah ill change that no probs

All players have to still be playing

A World Cup winner 

An under 21 year old player (can't be 22 before July 1st, 2017 obv!)

A player from any of the London clubs

A premier league winner

A Serie A winner 

An FA Cup winner 

A Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish or Rep of Ireland player (don't have to be an international cap holder if you are feeling brave)

A Bundesliga player

A South American player 

A player over the age of 33

Any player who plays for Benfica, Porto or Sporting Lisbon

Guest Alex_K

Ill try & play once its finalised. Categories look broad though. More fun when its narrow/difficult. What about a similar one to the 90s PL (??) done recently but 90s Serie A players?? Cant pick twice from the same club

Ill try & play once its finalised. Categories look broad though. More fun when its narrow/difficult. What about a similar one to the 90s PL (??) done recently but 90s Serie A players?? Cant pick twice from the same club

I like that eerie A idea but lets stick with categories for this one. Look at that next? Are you adding your name to the list? Dim? Anymore? Will go when we get to 10 but ideally 12/14 play. 

I could give one ago,

No bitching when I am at work / gym for 11 hours though.

The gym is a pipe dream so will be more like 10.

As its been a while since we have done one we could do a Premier league one but you can only pick one player from each club (Who the player has played the most games for counts as that club).

Might be a rubbish idea that.