You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bittersweet eventful week

Remmie

On Friday my old man had a house fire, escaped unharmed but lost everything except his mobility scooter. Tory cunts will be taking that off him next week. He now lives with me.

This meant I missed a wedding in Rome, all food and booze inclusive.

On Tuesday we had a 3 month scan on our first child. Incredible experience to see a 5cm child that comes from me. Later that day I was admitted to A&E due to abdominal pain I'd had for 2 weeks, getting nowhere with my gp. This turned out to be a burst appendix and I had an operation on yesterday.

All this while I am trying to learn to drive and take my cbt moped course so I can get to my new job which starts any day.

• Upvote 11

Good news about your dad making it out of the house above anything. They found the reason for it? Hopefully fully insured too.

And I hear you about your GP. Both me and my daughter have been misdiagnosed in the last couple of months.

Yeah got a very scary voicemail from the police, but they did eventually say he was fine. The fire was his fault, trying to refill a lighter with his one working hand and lighter propped between his feet and must have squirted fuel everywhere. One spark later and his bedroom went up quickly.

He's devastated and it's hit his self-esteem big time. He's not insured and needs to start again.

While I was in hospital he was offered a new place by the council which sounds perfect. It's been far from ideal at home as I've really struggled to look after him while I've been so sick, leaving my pregnant wife to do most stuff between work. My brother is now about to help with cooking and cleaning so everything is on the up

• Upvote 1

In quite amusing news I've been given Morphine, which appears to have revived my sex drive and I am getting random nonsexual boners like when I was a teenager.

The problem being is during the operation they fit me with a Catheter.

Ouch.

• Upvote 3

Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like the good outweighs the bad there.

If your old man's anything like mine was, don't let him sort out the insurance claim himself. Older gents have a habit of *ahem* overvaluing some of the things they've accumulated.

Mate there is no insurance at all to claim. He has fuck all, I was buying him underwear at Lidl the other day

On Friday my old man had a house fire, escaped unharmed but lost everything except his mobility scooter. Tory cunts will be taking that off him next week. He now lives with me.

This meant I missed a wedding in Rome, all food and booze inclusive.

On Tuesday we had a 3 month scan on our first child. Incredible experience to see a 5cm child that comes from me. Later that day I was admitted to A&E due to abdominal pain I'd had for 2 weeks, getting nowhere with my gp. This turned out to be a burst appendix and I had an operation on yesterday.

All this while I am trying to learn to drive and take my cbt moped course so I can get to my new job which starts any day.

Have I missed an announcement for this la ??? congratulatons !! I

Glad your dad is OK Remmie. And congrats on the little one on the way. Some tough stuff in there too, but definitely agree with others that the good outweighs the bad. Stay strong mate. Your dad will be OK and life will normalize soon. And then you'll have a baby!

• Upvote 1

The Appendix was so destroyed they couldn't salvage any pieces for pathology. They did have to abandon keyhole surgery when they found my 10cm abscess. I've already typed this somewhere haven't I?

Don't worry, at least you don't live in Milton Keynes....

I'm all seriousness some very positive stuff there, despite the shit parts.

Congrats on the little Zeb. Great news and hope things improve for you and yours.

(If life was easy it'll be boring I guess)

• Upvote 1