You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fat Head Sam leaving Palace

I think he's onto something you know: have the summer off, enjoy a few months of part-time punditry (try not to Big Ron it up) and then pick up a few million from whichever club is looking desperate come January.

Fair enough, to be honest.

• Upvote 2

Managing a Chinese side would be dangerous for him.

"Right, number 6 you mark their striker, numbers 3 and 11 get down their wing, number 22 pick up the second ball... chuffing hell, I'm hungry again now."

A little bit risque,but a very humorous post. I'd rep you if I wasn't a tight arse.

Article in the hate Mail about him starts with the following passage:

"Big Sam pumped his fist fiercely above his head, those Marbella lights spinning dizzily above him, Rihanna blaring out over the soundsystem.

'We found love in a hopeless place,' she sang. 'We found love in a hopeless place'.

It was a fitting epitaph to this particular managerial career."

Superb, that. Like a cross between the Twitter account and Garth Crooks.

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

Bolton - Relegated 

Sunderland - Relegated

West Ham - Candidates for relegation

Newcastle - Relegated 

Crystal Palace - Going down

Everton?

Work your magic you fat headed hero. 

“But there comes a time when you have to take stock of what direction you want your life to take - and that’s been the simple part for me. I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager.

“This is the right time for me. I have no ambitions to take another job, I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.”

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

“But there comes a time when you have to take stock of what direction you want your life to take - and that’s been the simple part for me. I want to be able to savour life while I’m still relatively young and relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager.

“This is the right time for me. I have no ambitions to take another job, I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.”

Relatively young and relatively healthy..................fucking hell.