You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players Leaving this summer

Thoth

So we have a transfers in thread but couldn't see a players out thread,

My personal thoughts are the following will be sold

Markovich

Studge

Sakho

Morono

Stewart

Wisdom

Lucas

Klavan

Loans for

Ojo

Ejaria

Woodburn

Ings

Ward

A fair chunk of money in which hopefully all goes to Jurgen to improve the squad

Thoughts?

I think we'll sell:

Sakho

Bert Moron

Lucas

Stewart

Markovic

Sturridge

Outside chance of Ings depending on what business we do in his position and how quickly he recovers.

I would imagine the likes of Ojo and Brannagan too, like last summer's sales of Ibe and Smith, being older youth players who haven't progressed at first team level as hoped, no doubt with buy back clauses as insurance.

I'd expect to see more of the same this summer where we can, there's bags of money floating around the league now and if we can convince anyone else to do a Bournemouth it's a way to part-finance our own improvements.

Don't see much more than the above, the mass exodus was last year and it seems pretty clear whatever the rest of us think Klopp only wants to tweak things here and there now with small amounts of additions and departures.

Given we're going to have more games next season plus, we need to strengthen the squad even if we didnt (have more games), I dont think there will be as many players leaving as we'd probably expect.

Some of the young lads will go on loan while the likes of markovic, sakho, moreno and stewart will deffo go if buyers can be found. I expect Sturridge to go if the club can arrange a deal for £40m (fee paid based on games played), Lucas to finally go and klavan if we bag a top centre back.

Not sure about Ings, he could stay, be sold or go on a loan.

I'd keep Sturridge... his scoring record is 1 in 2 for us and he was available for selection for 27 games last season. Klopp obviously tried to replace his role as the main striker at the club, but I think at the end of the season he realised that Sturridge is still the best striker at the club unfortunately. Happy to let him go once we've replaced his goals... but at the moment Firmino and Origi aren't the answers.

I think Ings will stay, he's coming off a long term injury and his value will be rock bottom. A loan would perhaps be good for him, but we seem to rate our own medical staff for looking after such players and he needs to be used cautiously.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Sturridge and / or Lucas still around when the window closes too. 

Huddersfield could be a boutique reserve team for a few of our better youngsters and Ings.

The lists others have posted look spot on, though I'd be inclined to keep Lucas. Yet again, he played an important role and he's one of our few old (though slow) heads.

My default is to assume Lucas will still be here, and it can definitely still happen, but something felt a bit different this time round, even accounting for the ten year thing.

The Sturridge one isn't even worth discussing, in my opinion. Monty Python sketch territory at this point. Surprised anybody can do so with a straight face.

My default is to assume Lucas will still be here, and it can definitely still happen, but something felt a bit different this time round, even accounting for the ten year thing.

The Sturridge one isn't even worth discussing, in my opinion. Monty Python sketch territory at this point. Surprised anybody can do so with a straight face.

It's quite shocking to be honest. Hopefully Klopp can see he's not the answer, even as a back up.

• Upvote 2

I'd keep Sturridge... his scoring record is 1 in 2 for us and he was available for selection for 27 games last season. Klopp obviously tried to replace his role as the main striker at the club, but I think at the end of the season he realised that Sturridge is still the best striker at the club unfortunately. Happy to let him go once we've replaced his goals... but at the moment Firmino and Origi aren't the answers.

The problem with keeping Sturridge (aside from the obvious) is the wage he eats up.

I doubt we can afford to keep him doing very little and bring what we need in...his wages probably need to be off the books so we can pay them to another player. Him sitting doing next to nothing all season eating a wage up that could be paid to someone else does not work - if we were Chelsea or City then different story.

I'd honestly sell Sturridge for any realistic offers over 15mil to get shot of him. His initial fee is then returned with some profit and the club free up his wages.

Agreed but some dickhead like David Gold will pay 30 mil plus for him

Think the opening post is pretty much spot on, but effectively the list is most of this season's bench warmers, which means we need to sign 5 players just to keep the numbers in what will be a season where we have more games. We should recoup a reasonable amount for that lot but the key should be to get players in first, and I'm hoping that's the plan.

The one lesson I hope that Klopp takes away from this season is not to leave us short on players he actually trusts, the only way to do this will be to bring in first teamers and create genuine competition for places as opposed to seeing a bench like we have most of this year with people there just making up the numbers

As well as all the ones mentioned above, Id look to sell Ings. 2 years out injured never bodes well with us and we apparently rejected a £20m bid last summer for him too, so hopefully Rafa or similar can do us a favour and take him off us.

I know we won't, but id be touting Henderson out as well to see if we get any decent bids. Another one who seems plagued by niggling injury that always seem to go on forever. City or a London club with a £30m+ offer would be nice.

Sell as an immediate priority:

Ings

Lovren

Moreno

Sturridge

Sakho

Markovic

Look for a good offer and sell:

Henderson

Grujic

Karius

Mignolet