You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TV ADvice

redheart

Guest Pistonbroke

I am about to buy a new TV.

Can anyone comment on the following models

Samsung UE49KU6400

Panasonic Viera TX50DX700B

Hisense 55M5500

Hisense 58KEC730

Just use the model name in Google and search for reviews.

For example: Here is one for the Samsung. http://www.s21.com/samsung-ue49ku6400.htm

Panasonic: http://www.trustedreviews.com/panasonic-tx-50cx700b-review

Hisense  http://www.trustedreviews.com/hisense-h65m7000-review

Just work out what you personally want from a TV, pro's/Cons. Personally I'd plump for the Samsung, but then I always buy Samsung TV's. 

I cannot see the point of a curved TV. They perform no better, have restricted viewing angles and most TV manufacturers are pulling out of making them

I have a Samsung curved one and there's no restrictions at all, if anything at an angle you can see the tv clearer than you would if it was straight. Like a cinema screen.

• 7 months later...

Time to bump this as I'm after a new TV. Can only be 50" max sadly.

Whittled it down to 2 models:

Samsung UE49MU7000 - £620 at the moment

LG 49SJ800V - £580 at the moment

Here's specs of both side by side:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/5b6b2028f

The LG specs are really impressive.

You can't go wrong with Samsung obviously.

Come on techies. Help me decide.

Any LG owners here? Never had one. Are they reliable?

Time to bump this as I'm after a new TV. Can only be 50" max sadly.

Whittled it down to 2 models:

Samsung UE49MU7000 - £620 at the moment

LG 49SJ800V - £580 at the moment

Here's specs of both side by side:

https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/comparison/5b6b2028f

The LG specs are really impressive.

You can't go wrong with Samsung obviously.

Come on techies. Help me decide.

Any LG owners here? Never had one. Are they reliable?

LG are currently the market leaders for TVs, don't take this as gospel but I heard that their 4K technology is currently setting the standard and they have patented it. Alot of manufacturers allegedly want to use it in their TVs.

They are very reliable, my last two TVs have been LG and I have not had a single problem with either of them and the current one I have is a beast.

I hope this goes some way to answering your question?

Edit: just seen your comparison on the website and it looks like the LG wins in the key areas, including input lag (appears to be none as opposed to a little on the Samsung), screen size (by an inch), vertical frequency is doubled etc. It looks better. The LG appears to be cheaper also...

LG are currently the market leaders for TVs, don't take this as gospel but I heard that their 4K technology is currently setting the standard and they have patented it. Alot of manufacturers allegedly want to use it in their TVs.

They are very reliable, my last two TVs have been LG and I have not had a single problem with either of them and the current one I have is a beast.

I hope this goes some way to answering your question?

Edit: just seen your comparison on the website and it looks like the LG wins in the key areas, including input lag (appears to be none as opposed to a little on the Samsung), screen size (by an inch), vertical frequency is doubled etc. It looks better. The LG appears to be cheaper also...

I suspect that the comparison site just doesn't have the data for the input lag on the LG, just as they don't appear to have data for the operating temperature for the Samsung. All displays have input lag, regardless of refresh rate or cabling being used.

Using the statistics that the site does provide, then the LG does have the edge in my opinion, but as CD says, for a purchase like this, your best bet is to go instore and compare the sets if you can.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a 55” LG 4K today.

It replaces the 49” Samsung curved that I fucking broke today by lifting it, which resulted in some of the central panels breaking and leaving a black strip down he centre of he screen.

No idea how it broke, obviously an inherent weakness in the centre of a curved screen. Buyer beware.

• Upvote 1

It replaces the 49” Samsung curved that I fucking broke today by lifting it, which resulted in some of the central panels breaking and leaving a black strip down he centre of he screen.

No idea how it broke, obviously an inherent weakness in the centre of a curved screen. Buyer beware.

I bought an LG 55 4k last year, best tv I've ever had, easy.

Sounds like a ribbon cable might have come loose.  I had this problem with a Panasonic plasma and found a quick fix on a youtube tutorial.  You might be able to save the TV and sell it. 

When I say quick, I had to unscrew about 50 phillips-heads and follow the geek instructions on the video, then put it back together which took me about an hour or so. But it worked for me.

Has anyone got one of those newfangled portable televisions with teletext?

I'm thinking of getting this one. Reckon it will be ace for using on the bus and stuff.

24q7spv.jpg

Can you watch 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' on it? No? Swerve.