You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

With arsenal's win tonight and the horrific form of Stoke you would have to think we're going to absolutely have to win this. To not finish top 4 after the first half of the season we had would be beyond disappointing. West Ham are in good form, but hearing that Antonio, Kouyate and Reid are all out.

We need to bin this defensive shite, get Lallana and Sturridge on the pitch and beat these cunts.

Can we not for once just put 3 past a team before half time and finish up early. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching a game.

3-4 most likely.

When the alternative is Origi what else can you do. Sturridge at least has resembled a footballer in his last 2 cameos.

This for me, should of been the order of these posts

knowing us we'll win this and then somehow gift Boro 3 pts next week!

Or arsenal will draw at stoke and then we'll lose to west ham! Loads of negativity around but is anyone surprised really. We've all been here before being disappointed by our shower of nervous bastards.

Or arsenal will draw at stoke and then we'll lose to west ham! Loads of negativity around but is anyone surprised really. We've all been here before being disappointed by our shower of nervous bastards.

for once can they just not shit the bed, please!

I think Stoke - Arsenal is not the gimme everyone is predicting .

There is a lot of bad blood between the sides since was it Ramsey who got his leg broke there, thier fans can't stand the gunners and it's thier last home game of the season so you'd think they'd not want to lose it.

Or maybe I'm just being a naive shithouse who is just desperate for us to avoid a must win on Sunday

Just hope we can stop playing this absolute turgid football we seem to have eased into. Like a scrappy one nil win shows the world our grit. It doesn't it shows our lack of bollocks and talent. We go into this game with a 1 nil mentality we will just spend another 90 minutes huffing and puffing. Our entire season rests on these last two games it's not like we will do fuck all in the champions league but it might give us better transfer window.

Stop playing origi central he doesn't know how to read the game, how to make and create space for others he just exists and can occasionally do the odd thing with the ball. Don't put firmino out wide I don't really know how many examples of him being shit there we need to see before it kicks in that maybe it doesnt work. Just got to hope lallana is fit and can change our teams tempo.

• Upvote 2

Stop playing origi central he doesn't know how to read the game, how to make and create space for others he just exists and can occasionally do the odd thing with the ball. Don't put firmino out wide I don't really know how many examples of him being shit there we need to see before it kicks in that maybe it doesnt work. Just got to hope lallana is fit and can change our teams tempo.

Have to agree with this.

Firmino is a completely different player out wide, his industry doesn't lead to anything dangerous and you lose his ability to find a pocket of space in tight areas that he shows in the centre.

I'd play Sturridge and Firmino up top as a 2, or if Sturridge isn't fit then play Fimino central with Coutinho and someone else wide.  I don't care if it's Alexander-Arnold, Woodburn, or even Milner or Harry Wilson.  Just don't see how it's worth sacrificing everything good about Firmino so that we can play Origi.