You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko

Kevin D

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is going to win?

2. 2. How

Klitschko is pretty shit,it was his brother that was the good fighter. That said,if the fight goes a few rounds and Joshua tries to knock him out early Klitscko could have the stamina a lot more than Joshua,who has question marks over going late into a fight. Lets face it,a fight like this would have been no more than eliminator at best in the halcyon days of heavyweight boxing.

There's a Joshua documentary on BBC1 that I watched on demand last night, he seems like a decent enough guy and he's pretty likeable but there's just something not right about him for me and I can't quite put my finger on it, whether that it's that he's so media savvy from being with Team GB he's not being himself or he's being a version of himself that's just for the media, I'm not sure.

I don't mind him though I just don't like his fans who think he's the bollocks when in reality he's probably just the best of a bad bunch, it's not really fair on him to compare him to any past fighters because it's literally that shit at heavyweight that I'd say he's already the best in the world despite having hardly any fights. He destroys Wilder and Parker, Fury would be trickier but we've seen him get knocked down by Cunningham who's probably half Joshua's size! So he'd beat him comfortably aswell for me.

This is Joshua's biggest test, if he beats Wlad then he'll be Unified champion for a very long time, unless there's a young upstart that will burst on the scene in the next year or two. I keep changing my mind how I think this one will go but at the moment I'm siding with Joshua early.

There's a Joshua documentary on BBC1 that I watched on demand last night, he seems like a decent enough guy and he's pretty likeable but there's just something not right about him for me and I can't quite put my finger on it, whether that it's that he's so media savvy from being with Team GB he's not being himself or he's being a version of himself that's just for the media, I'm not sure.

I don't mind him though I just don't like his fans who think he's the bollocks when in reality he's probably just the best of a bad bunch, it's not really fair on him to compare him to any past fighters because it's literally that shit at heavyweight that I'd say he's already the best in the world despite having hardly any fights. He destroys Wilder and Parker, Fury would be trickier but we've seen him get knocked down by Cunningham who's probably half Joshua's size! So he'd beat him comfortably aswell for me.

This is Joshua's biggest test, if he beats Wlad then he'll be Unified champion for a very long time, unless there's a young upstart that will burst on the scene in the next year or two. I keep changing my mind how I think this one will go but at the moment I'm siding with Joshua early.

I watched that last night as well. Pretty much agree with everything you've posted there. I've got nothing against AJ at all but the devil in me hopes he gets beat just to see the reaction of all those that have been licking his arse for the last couple of years.

If Wlad looks decent and Joshua still manages to beat him then I'll have my tongue out ready to join in.

Guest Pistonbroke

AJ Rd 4. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised at a close fight so as to ensure a rematch to take more money off the fans. 

Can't see any other scenario barre a Joshua victory. It's an old shopworn fighter coming up against a young KO artist. This is reminiscent of Marciano vs Walcott, Holmes vs Ali, Tyson vs Berbick. I reckon Joshua lands something on him in the first three rounds and Klitschko shits himself and goes into survival mode. It's up to Joshua at that stage whether he does a Mike Tyson on him and steamrollers through him, with the indelible image of the fight being Klitschko flopping all over the canvas or whether he does a Tyson Fury on him and bottles it, winning a snooze-fest of a decision.

But Klitschko looked horrendous in that Fury fight. He hardly threw a punch and gassed out by round 8. He looked awful against Jennings as well. 

• Upvote 1

I watched that last night as well. Pretty much agree with everything you've posted there. I've got nothing against AJ at all but the devil in me hopes he gets beat just to see the reaction of all those that have been licking his arse for the last couple of years.

If Wlad looks decent and Joshua still manages to beat him then I'll have my tongue out ready to join in.

I probably do want Joshua to win but like you say I'd quite like to shut up the dickheads, it could benefit him greatly to lose this and rid him of any hanger ons who gravitate towards the heavyweight champion of the world, also for his development to rid him of his 0 and 100% knockout rate it takes a pressure off him that occurs everytime he fights.

Let's face it, if he does lose this then he comes back and either fights Wlad again who will be another year older and then goes on to beat the other champions or takes an easier fight to comeback to then goes on to beat the other champions anyway. Either way he's dominating heavyweight boxing for the foreseeable future.