You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 1 Crystal Palace 2 (Apr 23 2017)

tlw content

palacereport2.jpg

Here we go again. Don’t ever feel comfortable about this team and where they might take us, because it’s always, ALWAYS, false hope. They had somewhat surprisingly won at Stoke and West Brom by grinding out results and showing that maybe they aren’t the soft touch everyone accuses them of being. 

The top four was so close you could almost smell the Champions League night prawn sandwiches in the corporate section of the Main Stand. It was in our own hands, just beat five shite teams and no-one could catch us. Now? Well even if we win all four we’re still relying on others slipping up, but it’s probably immaterial as there’s no way these chokers are going to win all of their remaining games. 

Were any of you surprised we lost to Palace? I was pissed off about it, but not surprised. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t predicting it beforehand and I thought we’d probably judge edge a close one, but what unfolded wasn’t in the least bit unexpected. Palace do this to us regularly, and Benteke always does well at Anfield except when he’s wearing red. 

The warning signs were there, especially given the way Klopp and some of the players had been sucking their own dicks after beating Stoke and West Brom. “Adult football” eh, Jurgen? Do me a fucking favour. They might have played like grown men at West Brom but they were back to the familiar schoolboy defending against Palace. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what we do anymore. The two Manc clubs are in pole position and it would take a might fuck up by both of them for us to finish even top 5. It'll be interesting how the crowd are in the final games are, although they are not meaningless games, they could very easily become. So if Klopp thought they were quiet before, I have a feeling he hasn't seen anything yet.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter what we do anymore. The two Manc clubs are in pole position and it would take a might fuck up by both of them for us to finish even top 5. It'll be interesting how the crowd are in the final games are, although they are not meaningless games, they could very easily become. So if Klopp thought they were quiet before, I have a feeling he hasn't seen anything yet.

Its hardly a mighty fuck up. City beat utd and itd be in our hands again.

Problem is we more than likely wont take advantage of that so itll come down to which team will be least shit for the rest of the season.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Interesting about the atmosphere. I know there's some resentment towards Klopp for his comments on the atmosphere, and trying to gee up the crowd and so on. He's right, but people don't want to be told.

Ultimately if the players did their part, the fans would probably be up for it a bit more. But then on the other hand, sometimes it's flat from the players, so that's the time they most need the fans to demand a performance out of them with their excellent support and passion.

It's a chicken and egg situation in a way, and speaking of eggs we laid one against Palace. It's out of our hands right now, but I do expect Man Utd to drop points. Even if we'd managed a draw against Palace it would be so much better, as I'm sure as can be Man Utd have a draw or two left in their remaining games.

So frustrating. But it's not gone.

• Upvote 1

That corner they scored from though WAS terrible defending. It bounced before reaching Benteke FFSAKES ; not as if it was a great delivery or a pinpoint cross for him delivered with pace and swerve.

In fact some of our corners are much better than the one Townsend put in for their goal and that's saying something.

Also their 1st goal we totally switched off. Origi was down with an injury just before HALF TIME and the players were thinking that's it now we'll go in a goal to the good. NO lads you've got to play until the ref blows for HT. Really unprofessional that we couldn't stay focused,concentrated for the remaining minutes of that half. Pretty damning really that we let them score so near HT.

I don't see the connection there, but watched the clip anyway, obviously.

Paulie's 'limited' vocabulary and total exasperation at a disappointing result wasn't dissimilar to my own before throwing my coffee table across the room and stropping off to bed after witnessing yet another display of satanic bullshit.

That corner they scored from though WAS terrible defending. It bounced before reaching Benteke FFSAKES ; not as if it was a great delivery or a pinpoint cross for him delivered with pace and swerve.

In fact some of our corners are much better than the one Townsend put in for their goal and that's saying something.

Also their 1st goal we totally switched off. Origi was down with an injury just before HALF TIME and the players were thinking that's it now we'll go in a goal to the good. NO lads you've got to play until the ref blows for HT. Really unprofessional that we couldn't stay focused,concentrated for the remaining minutes of that half. Pretty damning really that we let them score so near HT.

Just look at it.

Can was standing together with Benteke when the corner is taken.  Benteke starts a run into the box, and Can? He f*** just stands there watching him score, No attempt at all to stay with his man. From his comments it doesn't seem he even understands he's culpable, moaning about the team not defending well. It was all on you, you kraut eating piece of shit! On you!

100K a week, are you havin' a laugh?. I'm done with that Emre Can now. Hope we get rid in the summer.