Quantcast
Call of Duty: WWII - TNF - Techy Nerd Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Instagram TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

TLW T-Shirts

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo
- - - - -

Call of Duty: WWII

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#1 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

That time of year again.

After several years of exo suits and advanced movement, Call of Duty is returning to its boots on the ground roots.

The global reveal for this year's iteration of the best selling FPS franchise in history, is at 18:00 BST on Wednesday 26th April.

CoD-WW2.jpg?fit=720%2C405

#2 Brownie

Brownie

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:32 PM

I fucking love WWII games so i'll be all over this!
"We view these athletes in different lights"

#3 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:42 AM

Great
By far the best time period

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. 

#4 chevettehs

chevettehs

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

After several years of exo suits and advanced movement, Call of Duty is returning to its boots on the ground roots.

More like after making the game shit for a number of years and then getting it's arse handed to it by BF1 Call of Duty is returning to it's roots.

Be interested to see the Beta, as much as I enjoy BF1 I'd love a back to basics Call of Duty which plays right again.

Hopefully this means we can get the band back together, Byrnie running and gunning like a boss, TK hanging back and Sniping it up a treat while I loiter near him and pick up cheap kills from the people trying to sneak up on him for revenge kills. All accompanied by an Al soundtrack. 

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. 

#5 Shooter in the Motor

Shooter in the Motor

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Looks like they are stealing a march on Battlefield as it's almost certain that after Battlefield one being set in WWI, the next is likely to be set in WWI. Could become a straight up battle for supremacy.

#6 Babb'sBurstNad

Babb'sBurstNad

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

About time. I haven't been interested in CoD since MW2, but BF1's been great and I could really get into some WWII action.

#7 byrnie

byrnie

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:51 PM

Get in. First time in years I'm excited about Call of Duty.
"‎It's all about money, not freedom, ya'll, okay? Nothing to do with fuckin' freedom. If you think you're free, try going somewhere without fucking money, okay?" - Bill Hicks

#8 byrnie

byrnie

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

More like after making the game shit for a number of years and then getting it's arse handed to it by BF1 Call of Duty is returning to it's roots.

Be interested to see the Beta, as much as I enjoy BF1 I'd love a back to basics Call of Duty which plays right again.

Hopefully this means we can get the band back together, Byrnie running and gunning like a boss, TK hanging back and Sniping it up a treat while I loiter near him and pick up cheap kills from the people trying to sneak up on him for revenge kills. All accompanied by an Al soundtrack.

Haha.

All over it mate.
"‎It's all about money, not freedom, ya'll, okay? Nothing to do with fuckin' freedom. If you think you're free, try going somewhere without fucking money, okay?" - Bill Hicks

#9 Fugitive

Fugitive

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Excellent news.
Signatures are for spastics.

#10 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Any leaks

Theatre?
Character nations?

Do we think youll be various allied characters again or just the one. And what theatre of war.

Would love to see some unexplored theatres. The winter war woild be good.

Wouldn't even mind being able to be the Germans though i doubt it

Oh there they go. There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one. Rocky Marciano. Rocky Marciano. Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. 

#11 chevettehs

chevettehs

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:31 AM

Wouldn't even mind being able to be the Germans though i doubt it

I'd imagine in online one team will be ze Germans on at least some of the matches.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. 

#12 chevettehs

chevettehs

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

Haha.

All over it mate.

My mate's kid has the MW2 remaster and I warned him to keep an eye out for TK.

The kids is 12 and desperate to play with the "sniper legend" his words not mine. 

#13 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

I'd imagine in online one team will be ze Germans on at least some of the matches.

To battle in a tiger please

#14 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

To battle in a tiger please

I'd be extremely surprised if there were playable vehicles in multiplayer.

That said, the last time we had playable vehicles in MP was the last CoD game set in WW2, World at War.

Lots of hints in the artwork leaked/released that the campaign will be visiting Normandy & the D-Day landings.

C7uWOPTX0AAwaMh-681x409.jpg

IMG_4385.png

It also hints at playing as a character from US Army 1st Infantry Division, a nod back to Call of Duty 2: Big Red One.

regTile-3.jpg

#15 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Only messing with the tiger

Im not a multiplayer person either.

No suprise if its Normandy western front again.

#16 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

If it is US 1st Division could be looking at Operation Husky(Invasion of Sicilly and Italy),Operation Torch(North Africa)and Normandy invasions.

#17 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

If it is US 1st Division could be looking at Operation Husky(Invasion of Sicilly and Italy),Operation Torch(North Africa)and Normandy invasions.

Pretty much the exact same campaigns that were in the CoD2:BR1 single player campaign.

#18 Clarence

Clarence

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

Trying to remember it
Xbox 360 wasnt it

Started with Normandy
Also had a Soviet bit,gsme started being trained by a Commissar?

#19 Dynamite

Dynamite

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Trying to remember it
Xbox 360 wasnt it

Started with Normandy
Also had a Soviet bit,gsme started being trained by a Commissar?

Call of Duty 2 jumped between 3 characters, 1 Russian, 1 Brit & 1 Yank.

CoD2:BR1 was focused solely one the US Army character, with the exception of 1 mission when you play as the brother of the main character where you're the gunner in a bomber.

#20 byrnie

byrnie

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Genuinely excited about this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users