You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Lucas get a testimonial?

Bjornebye

Does Lucas deserve a testimonial?   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Does Lucas deserve a testimonial?

• Sim
    • Nao

I imagine the stars of Brazilian football will turn up, so long was " he's a Brazilian international" cited as a defence for his shocking performances.

Before you make a statement like that I suggest that you go through the website and see how many times the lad has turned up in the man of the match top three.Shanks' grand piano statement comes to mind,and Lucas has done his fair share of lifting over the years.Sure is is no Molby or Alonso but he puts in a shift the same way that Whelan,Johnson,Lee and all the other piano carriers did in the old days.Unsung heroes mate,we couldn't do without them.

Before you make a statement like that I suggest that you go through the website and see how many times the lad has turned up in the man of the match top three.Shanks' grand piano statement comes to mind,and Lucas has done his fair share of lifting over the years.Sure is is no Molby or Alonso but he puts in a shift the same way that Whelan,Johnson,Lee and all the other piano carriers did in the old days.Unsung heroes mate,we couldn't do without them.

he's not really the same as Whelan, Johnson  or Lee.  All of those players could be game changers in successful sides.  We're talking more like Kevin McDonald here.  

Yes. And Stringy should be forced to read out a glowing eulogy to him on the pitch.

I would find that easy to do as long as I'm not asked to comment on his on-field contributions.  Though he played very well last time out.  I could put that in.

And I have him on my fridge, thanks to Usher.  I could include that as well.

I was half joking mate.  I love Lucas, he's an honourary scouser and seems an all round good guy, great for the squad etc but barring the season he was great then blew his knee at Chelsea before xmas (07/08?) he's been a poor to average player for us with a few highlights as demonstrated in the scientifically created pie chart below:

PzFyfi9.jpg

• Upvote 2

I was half joking mate.  I love Lucas, he's an honourary scouser and seems an all round good guy, great for the squad etc but barring the season he was great then blew his knee at Chelsea before xmas (07/08?) he's been a poor to average player for us with a few highlights as demonstrated in the scientifically created pie chart below:

PzFyfi9.jpg

can't argue with a pie chart. Science.

• Upvote 1

2007/08 was his first season with us! He tore his ACL in 2011/12 when Kenny was the manager. That couple of months or so before the injury was his best form for us in the whole 10 years he's been here. He just looked stronger and sharper.

2007/08 was his first season with us! He tore his ACL in 2011/12 when Kenny was the manager. That couple of months or so before the injury was his best form for us in the whole 10 years he's been here. He just looked stronger and sharper.

Well it deffo wan't 07/08 with that hair.  Yeah must've been 11/12 with Kenny then. 

He should have been let go back in 2012 when it was clear the injuries had fucked him to the point where he was no use anymore.

Since weve been stupid enough to hang onto him, not buy a dm and start shipping 50 goals a season allowing him to stay ten years, then yup he 'deserves' a testimonial.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk