You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Lucas get a testimonial?

Bjornebye

Does Lucas deserve a testimonial?   

72 members have voted

1. 1. Does Lucas deserve a testimonial?

• Sim
    • Nao

Lovely fella but you can count on both hands the really good games he has had for us if we are honest.... Still, been here 10 years ...

Should he get one?

Let's not make this another opinionated Lucas thread.

He's been an absolute servant to the club a 100% deserves one

• Upvote 1

Lovely fella but you can count on both hands the really good games he has had for us if we are honest.... Still, been here 10 years ...  

Should he get one? 

Yes, when is it set for?

Do they still give the money away to charity then I guess it's a yes as it's rare to have someone stay 10 years..

It not then I don't think any premiership footballer should get one especially someone who is on £80.000 a week and would have been on a great wage for those 10 years...so it's a no from me

• Upvote 1

Nowadays, at the top level at least, the players do not need the money a testimonial would generate and the proceeds are usually given to charity, which is what I suspect would be the case here. It's now done to recognise a decade or more of continuous service to the club. Wealthy or not, Lucas seems the type who would want any testimonial to be a charity match anyway. I don't mind the idea of testimonials when this is the case.

I can't remember now but did we give Sami a testimonial? He and Lucas are the only foreign players we've had in the Premier League era who've been at the club for a decade.

If they go ahead with one and play at Anfield, I've no doubt that there would be a bigger turnout than Leon Osman got for the other lot for his testimonial. They didn't bother going the game for that one.