Quantcast
Should Lucas get a testimonial? - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way

FREE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION with every new registration!

Register on the forums today and receive three month's FREE access to all subscriber only content, including match reports, the TLW Diary and Premier League Round Ups. Registration costs nothing and there is no obligation to continue with your subscription once the free three month trial has expired. 

To register a FREE account with us, click here, and then be sure to check the box for 'the FREE Monty' to receive immediate access to the subscriber only content and exclusive Members Forum.

Support the site

Follow TLW

TLW Facebook TLW Google+ TLW Podcast TLW Youtube TLW RSS

Advertisement

Uncle Sam Sports

Sponsored Links

Photo

Should Lucas get a testimonial?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Lucas deserve a testimonial? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Lucas deserve a testimonial?

1. Sim (67 votes [94.37%])

Percentage of vote: 94.37%

2. Nao (4 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bjornebye

Bjornebye

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Lovely fella but you can count on both hands the really good games he has had for us if we are honest.... Still, been here 10 years ...  

Should he get one? 

"I know lying is wrong, but if the elephant man came in now in a blouse with some make up on, and said "how do I look?" Would you say, bearing in mind he's depressed and has respiratory problems, would you say "go and take that blusher off you mis-shapened elephant tranny"? No. You'd say 'You look nice... John'"

#2 sir roger

sir roger

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

YES

Gary , you didn't kill your brother. Those gorillas did.

#3 Dr Nowt

Dr Nowt

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

Most certainly.

Now l guess l'll go in and piss on the fish.

#4 Fowlers God

Fowlers God

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

Lovely fella but you can count on both hands the really good games he has had for us if we are honest.... Still, been here 10 years ...

Should he get one?

Let's not make this another opinionated Lucas thread.

He's been an absolute servant to the club a 100% deserves one

That was easily the easiest money I have ever made. Turn up at posh hotel, drink champagne and chat with models. Eat ace dinner with the models. Get up and speak for 5 mins. Drink some more free booze. Get paid, fuck off home.

#5 magicrat

magicrat

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

Of course he should.

#6 Shooter in the Motor

Shooter in the Motor

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:58 PM

Should he get one? 

Yes, when is it set for?

#7 Stickman

Stickman

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

Do they still give the money away to charity then I guess it's a yes as it's rare to have someone stay 10 years..

It not then I don't think any premiership footballer should get one especially someone who is on £80.000 a week and would have been on a great wage for those 10 years...so it's a no from me

#8 1892-LFCWasBorn

1892-LFCWasBorn

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:01 PM

Dwight-YesYes.gif

Stupid question really...

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Fuck off you nosey cunt!!!

#9 Section_31

Section_31

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Haha!

I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.

#10 halewood pete

halewood pete

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

It's a yes from me,on the basis that proceeds do go to a charitable cause,it's a great chance to pay tribute to a good servant and a good chance to take kids to see a game without paying too much over the odds.
Maybe he could arrange Brazil to visit ?
Proud to be a scouser

#11 ZonkoVille77

ZonkoVille77

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:07 PM

Great lad. Deserves to be rewarded. Considering where he came from and the shit he's put up with over the years it's the least the club could do.

If you ever say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall.

#12 Furmedge

Furmedge

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

Yes.
@Furmedge78 Posting random shite about random shite.

#13 Trumo

Trumo

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

Nowadays, at the top level at least, the players do not need the money a testimonial would generate and the proceeds are usually given to charity, which is what I suspect would be the case here. It's now done to recognise a decade or more of continuous service to the club. Wealthy or not, Lucas seems the type who would want any testimonial to be a charity match anyway. I don't mind the idea of testimonials when this is the case.

I can't remember now but did we give Sami a testimonial? He and Lucas are the only foreign players we've had in the Premier League era who've been at the club for a decade.

If they go ahead with one and play at Anfield, I've no doubt that there would be a bigger turnout than Leon Osman got for the other lot for his testimonial. They didn't bother going the game for that one.

#14 Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

Yes, and the money should go to me. 

John Stones to Manchester City: £47.26m. Shkodran Mustafi to Arsenal: £34.85m. Eric Bailly to Manchester United: £32.3m. Mats Hummels to Bayern: £29.75m. David Luiz to Chelsea: £29.75m. Samuel Umtiti to Barcelona: £21.25m. Ezequiel Garay to Valencia: £20.04m. Ashley Williams to Everton: £11.9m. 

Joel Matip to Liverpool: FREE.

#15 Paulie Dangerously

Paulie Dangerously

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

Sami didn't have one IIRC
"Every time my clock reads 9:11 I break out in a cold sweat and feel sick to my stomach. Not because I am remembering the 2001 atrocity but because I'm over 10 minutes late for work"

#16 Joey8FrogsLegs

Joey8FrogsLegs

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

Yes

#17 lifetime fan

lifetime fan

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

No he didn't - which is a shame on the club.
#LK1

#18 suzy

suzy

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

Yes

#19 Paco

Paco

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

Was he here 10 years? 99-08?
"Aim for the moon and maybe you'll hit the stars" GH

#20 razor

razor

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

Played under 5 different Liverpool managers.

Not many Liverpool players can say that.

You can take that fan card scheme, that corporate intro music, that electronic advertising hoarding and all the other rubbish that I have to put up with and you can stuff 'em right up your arse! - Jimmy, Quadrophenia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users