You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would You Have Sakho Back At LFC?

jonnyp

I think he's a good player but our defence also was shite when he played last season so I don't buy that it was a massive mistake to let him go.

He acted like a prick on numerous occasions, funny that if Lovren had done the same people would be up in arms. 

I think we're going to finish in the top 4 without him which was what was the aim at the start of the season so no harm done really. 

• Upvote 1

Depends on who the CB we plan to bring in is. If it's another Matip, then no; if it's another Klavan, then yes.

Whilst I respect team discipline is important, I'm equally in favour of getting rid of your worst players first. A player who turns up for training on time but is similarly reliable at being a plodding CB with the turning circle of an oil liner hasn't helped us a great deal.

True story I heard the reason KLOPP got rid was because apparently someone had seen Mama sniffing another players undies after training. There was a few people wanted him out after that and put pressure on klopp. The reason it took so long was that they couldn't make the decision was that they couldn't prove it as it was only the word of a couple of players. But apparently a couple more waded in with the same suspicions. The

True story I heard the reason KLOPP got rid was because apparently someone had seen Mama sniffing another players undies after training. There was a few people wanted him out after that and put pressure on klopp. The reason it took so long was that they couldn't make the decision was that they couldn't prove it as it was only the word of a couple of players. But apparently a couple more waded in with the same suspicions. The

So his career really has hit the skids?

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Good footballer, daft lad.

It's easier to excel at a club like Crystal Palace. Expectation is lower and players are under less pressure.

Yep, he had a few good spells for us but looked just as dodgy as the others at times. The way Palace set up suits his game and  in last nights game he was only tested a few times. If we set up like Palace I'm sure Lovren would look every much as good as Sakho, he did at Southampton. On the other hand, if we set up like Palace we'd be nearer mid table than we are now and our fans would be doing their nut. Let's see how Sakho goes at a bigger club or indeed has a full season at Palace before going OTT and a handful of performances in a team set up to defend and play long balls up to Benteke to feed off the second ball. 

I'd take him back if it was up to me, but Klopp won't reverse his decision. No matter what both of them say, it was over the second he got sent to the u23's.

I'm kind of torn, I like him a lot and would love to see him at a biggish European club like Roma or Sevilla  where he can play in Europe and fight for some trophies. On the other hand, we'd get the most money from a midtable Premier League club buying him.

I think even if we got less money I'd rather he left England. Don't like seeing him play for another English club even if it's an inconsequential one like Palace. 

Yep, he had a few good spells for us but looked just as dodgy as the others at times. The way Palace set up suits his game and in last nights game he was only tested a few times. If we set up like Palace I'm sure Lovren would look every much as good as Sakho, he did at Southampton. On the other hand, if we set up like Palace we'd be nearer mid table than we are now and our fans would be doing their nut. Let's see how Sakho goes at a bigger club or indeed has a full season at Palace before going OTT and a handful of performances in a team set up to defend and play long balls up to Benteke to feed off the second ball.

He put on ample horror shows for us e.g., against Watford away last year, and against Dortmund at home where he was at fault for all three goals we conceded. He's better than Klavan so I'd take him as our first cover, but as I posted earlier we should be aiming a lot higher e.g., Van Dijk and relegate one of our starters to the bench.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He put on ample horror shows for us e.g., against Watford away last year, and against Dortmund at home where he was at fault for all three goals we conceded. He's better than Klavan so I'd take him as our first cover, but as I posted earlier we should be aiming a lot higher e.g., Van Dijk and relegate one of our starters to the bench.

I doubt very much Klopp will bring him back anyway, unless that decision is taken out of his hands. 

I haven't seen what anyone else wrote yet, but I will say no, I wouldn't have Sakho back. I'd much rather we sold, moved on, and reinvested the money in the defender Jurgen wants.

If the choice is do nothing, or bring Sakho back, then obviously I'd have Sakho back. But while he is having a little purple patch at Palace, we can't forget that for all his good moments, there were too many jittery moments too. But what trumps all that is the manager doesn't appear to want him.

Assuming that's the case, sell and reinvest in the best central defender we can sign, and obviously who the manager wants.

Pretty hard to comment on this.

Obviously, he's the best defender on our books, so in a footballing sense we'd be lucky to have him back next season.  We're not going to get anyone better for the 30m we'll get if we sell him.  I hugely rate him and I think that next to Matip they might actually go a big way towards solving our chronic defensive inconsistency.

However, we don't know what happened behind the scenes and so it's pretty much impossible for us to comment on his situation with any relevance.  Was it just a case of being late to training and interrupting Klopp (plus the whole confusion with his ingestion of a semi-banned substance)?  If that's all it was then the reaction seems extreme.

But maybe it was more than that and it's all being kept behind closed doors.  If he disrespected Klopp publicly (in front of the other players or staff, I mean) then it's pretty hard to come back from that unless he apologised.  Or maybe he did something truly unforgivable.  Those of you who think he should come back, would you feel the same way if you found he'd walked into Klopp's office and told him to fuck off?  Of course not!

I'm not saying he did something like that, but I'm saying rather that we have no idea.  Which makes this whole thread a bunch of speculation from people who don't really know what happened (including this post).

I like him as much for the stuff he does in the community and for other charitable causes. He has a good heart, and an excellent left foot - best passer of the ball out of defence since Molby.

Seriously? His passing range never got better than Lucas in his,long gone,prime. You could argue that Sakho is a superb tackler and reasonably quick for a centre half but his passing was pretty much on a par for a top flight centre half.

Seriously? His passing range never got better than Lucas in his,long gone,prime. You could argue that Sakho is a superb tackler and reasonably quick for a centre half but his passing was pretty much on a par for a top flight centre half.

I really don't agree, but hey ho