You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chase for the top 4

Lee909

Just went through the remaining fixture lists for us, Arsenal and Man Utd. It's never an exact science, of course, but I reckon they will both drop 8 more league points as both have some tough fixtures left.

We are more unpredictable, but based on how we've fluffed our lines against lower teams, especially ones that are organized and can hurt us with set pieces, I think we might drop six more points. If that happens:

Liverpool 75 points

Man Utd 73 points

Arsenal 73 points

I left Chelsea, Spurs and Man City out of it as I think the race for that fourth spot is between the three teams listed.

I see a win against Middlesbrough at home on the last day of the season, and it's hard to predict which of the other five games we will drop points. West Brom, Crystal Palace, Watford, Southampton and West Ham all have it in them to give us problems. If we win the three home games and draw the three aways, we will hit 75 points.

Ideally we will take it to 77 points with four wins and two draws, to give us a bit more breathing room in case Arsenal or Man Utd put a good run together, and both are well capable.

It's touch and go, especially with our injuries, but if we put in big performances and win the three home games, hopefully that will go a long way to finishing top four.

Chase for the top 4? Can we defo not go down then?

With this team? Rule nothing out. This lot could find a way of being relegated and they could even find a way of being promoted. They're that unpredictable they can make the impossible, possible.

I wont write anyone out of it yet. All 4 clubs are inconsistent. You could easily see the msncs spawn a few wins,Arsenal habe a jabbit of nsbbing 4th somehow. City are what ever the fuck they are these days but habe the best striker in the league and we are more than capable of fucking everything up

Mancs are gonna drop a lot more than 8 points, I think they'll lose to Chelsea next week, lose at White Hart Lane, Draw at the Emirates, draw at Southampton and draw at Burnley.

You may be right. I was perhaps being a bit generous to them and I put them down for four draws against Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Man City; which is how I accounted for the 8 points.

It's all guess work though! But I suppose we are at that stage of the season.

These next 3 are what will decide our fate I reckon.

WBA a

Palace h

Watford a

All exactly the type of games that we struggle with year after year.

Come through those relatively unscathed and it is time to get the open top bus parade sorted and that big shiny top 4 trophy is all ours.

Problem is we could just as easily take 1 point from those 3 as we could a healthy tally. Beating Pulis' gang of alehouse twats would be a massive boost on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

West Broms season is effectively over as they are ten points behind Everton and Arsenal. Pulis will have them fired up to wreck our top 4 chances though as he seems to like getting one over us.

We can easily drop points in any of those games.

Even the game against negative Middlesbrough on the last day. It might be good for us if they aren't relegated by then even though I think they will be. If they have to come to Anfield and win they will have to stop putting 5 at the back and two holding midfielders and actually attack us. Would be good to send them down too while they sing sign on to us.

West Broms season is effectively over as they are ten points behind Everton and Arsenal. Pulis will have them fired up to wreck our top 4 chances though as he seems to like getting one over us.

We can easily drop points in any of those games.

Even the game against negative Middlesbrough on the last day. It might be good for us if they aren't relegated by then even though I think they will be. If they have to come to Anfield and win they will have to stop putting 5 at the back and two holding midfielders and actually attack us. Would be good to send them down too while they sing sign on to us.

Pulis' mob have been shite lately as well so guarantee he will have them foaming at the mouth for us before going back to being shite over last few games.

1 win in their last 6 games prior to this weekend and no goals in their last 3.

These next 3 are what will decide our fate I reckon.

WBA a

Palace h

Watford a

All exactly the type of games that we struggle with year after year.

Come through those relatively unscathed and it is time to get the open top bus parade sorted and that big shiny top 4 trophy is all ours.

Problem is we could just as easily take 1 point from those 3 as we could a healthy tally. Beating Pulis' gang of alehouse twats would be a massive boost on Sunday.

It's gonna go right down to the Boro game. Palace Southampton and Boro at home are the games we have to win.

Palace in great form. Puel has the Indian sign over us and we should hammer Boro but you know how that often works out.