You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Odd things you do that you wonder if anyone else does

I'll start.

I only tend to post about half of the posts I write on here. I'll often type a reply in a thread only to think "nah" before posting. This could be for any reason really. I don't think it's worth the argument. I think it sounds stupid in hindsight. I can't quite find the works to convey exactly what I want to etc. And yes I know what you're thinking, if the shite I post is the half that made the cut, I'm in trouble.

I'm not sure if this is related to my anxiety/overthinking or if anyone else does it too?

Anyway this got me thinking about a lot of little things that I often think make me a bit odd (not necessarily in a bad way) and I wonder do we all run around doing the exact same things and think it's odd because we might not talk about them.

There are loads of other examples which escape me right now, but i'll be back once I've finished my coffee.

• Upvote 1

I think it's normal, well I do it too. Often the time it takes to write your reply, look up some of the information you want to mention so it's accurate, then check for anything ambiguous so that the local pedants can't moan and finally re read it so the grammar nazis won't bite.

By the time you've done that you often think, fuck it, it's not worth it.

it doesn't help that on forums in general the well thought out replies are often ignored for the troll comments. 

The beauty of the internet is that we can now see that little things we thought odd are actually quite common behaviour. The first reaction for a lot is to over analyse this behaviour, that's the tedious part of it. 

• Upvote 1

I've noticed i whistle when I'm walking through halls, and it is always when there is someone else in the hall with me, maybe in front of me or behind me, or passing the other direction. It might be a subconscious thing to avoid awkward silences, I'm not sure. But I've never consciously made the decision to whistle, and I've noticed it always follows this pattern. Strange.

On the subject of whistling, I've seen many men whistling as they do their job, funnily enough never undertakers. I've never ever seen a woman whistling, although I have been told off by a few for whistling, and no this wasn't when I was on a building site. 

I'll often catch myself talking to myself if I'm walking down the street usually while daydreaming. I must look a sight having a full blown conversation with no one.

It took me ages to realise people were talking on ear piece phone shite stuff as I was walking down the road watching all these fuckin loons talking to themselves like something from a zombie film.

But then I'm old enough to remember Whitehall 1212!

When opening boxes of tablets I always open the end the instructions are at and then have to open the other end to get the tablets out.

When I get to a new box of tablets now, whatever end I initially think I'll open, I open the opposite end and it's mostly not the instructions end.

• Upvote 3

That must be fun for your passengers, Alan

Can't say it's never happened while driving.

Ever had one of those days when you have driven a familiar route, and you suddenly look up and know you got there safely - but can't remember a damn thing about the drive?

Ever had one of those days when you have driven a familiar route, and you suddenly look up and know you got there safely - but can't remember a damn thing about the drive?

My current sex life

• Upvote 1

I do this all the time, just for parts of drives though rather than the whole thing. I'll find myself not remembering the last 5 minutes or so. Scary shit Al.