You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match thread(h) Everton

LFC 6 Times

Really looking forward to this, their tails are up and the usual over confidence pre Derby is when they usually save their worst for. They look like they'll be without coleman, schderlin and Mccarthy.

Henderson and Lovren should be back for us. Expecting a big performance from the Reds, a repeat of last seasons 4-0 I wouldn't mind.

• Upvote 1

What kind of state are Coutinho and Firmino going to be in....playing at the equivalent to 1.45 am weds morning for 2nd time in a few days and then flying back not getting home until Thursday - then a game at lunch time Saturday.

Fucking international football.

What kind of state are Coutinho and Firmino going to be in....playing at the equivalent to 1.45 am weds morning for 2nd time in a few days and then flying back not getting home until Thursday - then a game at lunch time Saturday.

Fucking international football.

Phil will pick up Bobby in his Cortina at 11.00, they'll go for a couple of swift pints and a steak and chips and be right as rain for 12.30.

• Upvote 3

Arguably our toughest fixture between now and the end of the season. Win this and I think top 4 is defo on. Utd already seem to be conceding that the Europa is their best chance and Arsenal are in turmoil with some tough games ahead. 

If we lose I reckon we will end on a damp squib and drop as low as 6th. Massive game regardless of it being the derby. Can't believe they are only 6 points behind us given both teams forms in the run up to xmas. They are definitely due a win but I hope to fucking god its not this saturday. 

Arguably our toughest fixture between now and the end of the season. Win this and I think top 4 is defo on. Utd already seem to be conceding that the Europa is their best chance and Arsenal are in turmoil with some tough games ahead.

If we lose I reckon we will end on a damp squib and drop as low as 6th. Massive game regardless of it being the derby. Can't believe they are only 6 points behind us given both teams forms in the run up to xmas. They are definitely due a win but I hope to fucking god its not this saturday.

They're due nothing the gang of cunts, they gave us every ounce of what they had in the first 25 in Goodison and couldn't even muster a genuine chance.
  • Upvote 2

Has the referee:

Been outed as a Kopite?

Given any penalties against Everton in the last ten years?

Shared a flight back with the Liverpool squad?

Ever given Liverpool any favourable decisions in the past?

Been seen out wearing red?

Stopped at a traffic light?

Meanwhile it seems Seamus Coleman's injury will not provide an 'incentive' to Everton but it could provide 'motivation':

Liverpool v Everton: Seamus Coleman injury can offer motivation says Phil Jagielka

Everton will use the horrific injury suffered by Seamus Coleman as added motivation for Saturday's derby against Liverpool, says captain Phil Jagielka.

Coleman, 28, will miss several months after breaking his leg when playing for Republic of Ireland against Wales.

"That's one thing Seamus will want us to do, to play well and get some good results," said Jagielka

Everton - seventh in the Premier League - travel to Manchester United three days after facing Liverpool at Anfield.

"We'll all be thinking about him and, come Saturday and Tuesday, I'm sure he'll have the TV on and be cheering us on," added Jagielka, 34.

"There'll be no incentive needed, but the circumstances over the last few days might add a bit of a motivational edge on our behalf.

"We want to go out there and play well and it will be nice if we can all get to speak to Seamus beforehand."

Coleman has undergone an operation since breaking his tibia and fibula following a tackle by Wales' Neil Taylor in Friday's World Cup qualifier.

The right-back has played 26 of Everton's 29 league games this season and Jagielka admits such leadership will be missed when the Toffees seek a first win at Anfield since 1999.

"Seamus is a massive part of the furniture," added Jagielka. "All we can do is be there for him."

Meet Ronald Koeman's new motivational guru:

9fd702d5ebbad2161609ce2883ebd9f874f6b52d

Made up for the proper footy to be coming back. Can't stand international breaks.

This will be a cracker. Everton are a good side and they have a few players who can hurt us, chiefly Lukaku. We will need a good game from Matip to keep him quiet.

I expect us to win, but anything can happen in these games. Everton would love nothing better than to damage our top four push, and in addition to the usual huff and puff they muster against us, they do have a bit of quality about them these days too. I think we are better, and it's up to us to show that on Saturday, as we have managed to in most recent derbies.

Nervous and excited all at the same time. It's what the big games are about.

• Upvote 1