You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inside Number 9

Elite

Finally got round to watching this and am on season 2. I have just finished '12 Days of Christine" and wow, thats one of the greatest 30 mins of TV I have ever seen. It's an emotional tornado and my goosebumps are only just beginning to subside.

• Upvote 2

Inside Number 9 is tremendous, that episode perhaps the best of the lot.

When you watch more and more, the range of what they're trying and how they're pushing themselves creatively, and the whole all the little parts add up to, are really impressive.

Loads of great ones still to recommend but The Devil Of Christmas is spot on if you've not seen that one yet.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I was going to say that but I prefer to compare it all with 'Tales of the unexpected'

I used to read a lot of short story horror books years ago and they also remind of them.

Play For Today, too.

Such a talented pair of fuckers. Discovered only recently that The League of Gentlemen was effectively written by 2 two-men teams.

Gatiss tended to write his material with Jeremy Dyson, while Shearsmith and Pemberton came as a creative pair even back then.

Guess that's part of the reason this and Psychoville work so well.

• Upvote 2

Play For Today, too.

Such a talented pair of fuckers. Discovered only recently that The League of Gentlemen was effectively written by 2 two-men teams.

Gatiss tended to write his material with Jeremy Dyson, while Shearsmith and Pemberton came as a creative pair even back then.

Guess that's part of the reason this and Psychoville work so well.

Interesting that as I always assumed they were a trio and was suprised to see Gatiss not involved in their latest stuff.

Mate, Series 1 was solid right the way through. Maybe only Last Gasp which is so so.

Sardines, Tom and Gerri, The Harrowing, all ace with a fully silent slapstick heist episode lobbed in for good measure.

I managed to watch Sardines, which I really enjoyed. I love the way you are always waiting for that sinister twist to unfold.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that as I always assumed they were a trio and was suprised to see Gatiss not involved in their latest stuff.

Same as that, that's what made me look more into it.

He's in one episode of Psychoville isn't he, which was what made them decide to do this whole vehicle...it was a homage to Rope by Hitchcock, and they decided to play about with the format.

As you do.

* Inserts image of Homer Simpson shouting "NERD" *

I have only seen one episode of Season 1 due to being unable to find good links, as only season 2 and 3 are on demand.

Very talented duo Pemberton and Shearsmith.

Series 1, which i missed first time round, is currently on Gold if you have it, had episode 1 & 2 ladt weekend, which you can still download.

The Seance episode was another great one

Very few misses in the 18 episodes. The karaoke one in series 3 was the only one I didn't really like that much in this series and The Sphinx and the Christmas one are probably the best 2 of any series.

I'm not as big a fan of the 12 Days of Christine as most seem to be. I liked it but it's been done loads of times before.