You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Recommend an app.

Carvalho Diablo

Cozi is excellent, and particularly in my current situation where expecting your ex wife to remember that you told her you had plans the weekend after next is just too much to ask, and she handily tells you three days before that she's going away for the weekend and an argument ensues!!

It's a shared family diary organiser.

I'm sure it's handy in normal family life, remembering kids birthday parties you've agreed to talke your little on to, etc.

Login from your own device and assign whoever it applies to to an event.

Tried others before finding this one. They were shit, or limited, or filled with options you need but don't get unless you pay.

You can pay for this, but the free version does what I need well enough.

I have it for iphone.

Cozi

Cozi is excellent, and particularly in my current situation where expecting your ex wife to remember that you told her you had plans the weekend after next is just too much to ask, and she handily tells you three days before that she's going away for the weekend and an argument ensues!!

I'm sure it's handy in normal family life, remembering kids birthday parties you've agreed to talke your little on to, etc.

Tried others before finding this one. They were shit, or limited, or filled with options you need but don't get unless you pay.

I have it for iphone.

Cozi

Off to investigate this one

I have it for iphone.

Cozi

isn't that the same as Apple's Calendar program? 

I don't know, but my ex doesn't have an apple phone so I'd imagine we couldn't use that anyway.

Thinking about it, the calendar app on my iPhone (which is a work phone) links to my outlook calendar, which is shared with colleagues so I don't need them seeing when I'm out on dates.

Add the papers/channels you want to your favourites which is pretty straightforward. For blocking them swipe to the right on any of their stories and it will bring up the option to mute.

You'd think it's straight forward!

Are we talking about the same thing? If you swipe to the left most screen, and the news pops up? Can't edit anything in that, and can't find anywhere that you can.

Sound Captain.

Can't find the fucking app either. Isn't in the app store (that I can find). Is it location based?

It was already on the phone when I got it, I just assumed it was a standard thing they put on them like the weather app amongst others. Here's the icon.

IMG_2637.png

I've got no idea if its location based though.

Spotify is well worth a tenner a month. Especially if you're wanting to find new music. Like Lee said, you can get the free trial first.

StumbleUpon app is decent for finding interesting things to read online. Was recommended that site on here years ago and still use it.

I've only recently started using the 'News' app that's standard on iPhones. It's good for grabbing stories from different sources. You can pick and choose which papers to block from appearing so it's quite handy. Before using that I mainly just used the Guardian app.

I'd never even opened that until just now. Looks like there's loads I'd like on there. Rep to follow

It was already on the phone when I got it, I just assumed it was a standard thing they put on them like the weather app amongst others. Here's the icon.

IMG_2637.png

I've got no idea if its location based though.

Cool.

Wonder if it's because I haven't sync'd with itunes yet?

Or maybe they're keeping the Paddys down?!?

• Upvote 1

You won't find it here - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/popcorn-time-se/popcorn-time/popcorn-time-2-8-0-release/popcorn-time-2-8-0-android-apk-download/ - and your definitely won't be able to install it on Android devices...

What's the score with it asking if you want to use a VPN to stream videos?

Do you do that or just watch them without the VPN?

What's the score with it asking if you want to use a VPN to stream videos?

Do you do that or just watch them without the VPN?

Thing is with Popcorn Time is that it uses p2p to stream, specifically Bittorrent. This means that it is actually more like torrenting than just streaming with the added illegality that goes with it. It has been targeted for piracy prosecutions before and so may not be too secure.

https://torrentfreak.com/movie-studio-sues-popcorn-time-users-in-the-u-s-150819/

A VPN can obviously help with this but not your guilty conscience. Possibly not the best solution for Mr. Penrose either.

Luckily streaming itself is not actually illegal and various 3rd party addons in Kodi will give you access to pretty much everything you want to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Your DPD app comes good again. Expecting a delivery some time today, just checked the app and it is due to arrive between 12.47 and 13.47. I am delivery number 62 and the driver has just dropped off number 2.

Coincidental really, because I am about to drop a number 2, confident in the knowledge that I won't miss the delivery or shit myself waiting.

• Upvote 1

How are you getting on with this, Champ? Found enough new music to keep you happy?

I loved it and then the ads annoyed me and then I loved it again when I managed to set up the beginnings of a playlist and then it picked out a Faithless track I hadn't heard in ages. It's a work in progress, shall we say.

Thoughts on Deezer,anyone?