You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Methods Getting Stick Again...

an tha

The more you think about it- how have we found ourselves in a situation where we had Lucas rarely  playing for Rafas side in 2009 to starting as centreback in 2017.

The money that has been spent in those 8 years and Lucas is getting the nod at centreback?   

Billy Hogan drops his guard basically admits we don't need stars as we sell out everywhere and we have Klopp. 

Looks like most of this squad will be here next season.

“It certainly has (marketing) value when you have a global star. “From our perspective we have one of the biggest global stars in football in Jurgen Klopp. “From a personality standpoint and from a leadership perspective it has been incredibly valuable and beneficial for the club since he’s joined. “In the past we’ve had global iconic players come to the club and that’s been terrific. “Today, we have a talented young squad of players that are growing into their own and some of them are destined to become ‘big name stars’. “I don’t think it hurts us by any means. The club is such a big significant club that it stands on its own in terms of passion and following. “We’ve seen this when we go around on tours. We’ve had no impact in terms of crowd size or passion. “As we look at it, we are one of the few teams in the world that can sell out stadiums. And there are clubs with big stars who can’t do that. “We are focused on winning. We believe the club is in the right hands with Jurgen Klopp. “We’ve seen this season that we have a competitive team playing in the most competitive league in the world.” 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/global-star-klopp-can-make-12662610

Listen, Im as gutted as anyone about last night's 'effort.' Im one who really considered up until the turn of the new year we really were in the mix for number 19 and we were.

It has undoubtedly gone to shit since then. I think the tv scheduling screwed us over with those 2 games in less than 48 hours and I also think a shit boss eyed ref at sunderland didnt help (funny how people go on about united or chelsea getting assists by refs to win games but when Liverpool get a ref who gives shite decisions against us, all a sudden it is 'cant use the ref as the reason we didnt win, blah, blah, fucking blah).

People keep saying Klopp's had 3 transfer windows. That's correct, he has but, 2 of those windows were winter ones where fuck all quality players move. One of those 3 transfer windows opened a little over 8 weeks after he arrived as manager but because he's Klopp, he's supposed to have identified not just any old tramp to play for us but some world class player in the making that no one else has.

He's had one summer window and he brought in Mane and Wijnaldum plus Karius. When he was appointed, I said he needed 2 or 3 summer windows. I stand by that. He got us to a position this season I didnt expect for at least another 12 months.

Maybe Klopp's was naive with his style of pressing football but no one is telling me we've been shit from the beginning of the season. We've played some fantastic stuff up to new year that people shouldnt forget or dismiss.

If \ when klopp fucks off, the next type of manager we'll get in my opinin if we are not careful, will be more tony pulis level than Jurgen Klopp level.

Listen, Im as gutted as anyone about last night's 'effort.' Im one who really considered up until the turn of the new year we really were in the mix for number 19 and we were.

It has undoubtedly gone to shit since then. I think the tv scheduling screwed us over with those 2 games in less than 48 hours and I also think a shit boss eyed ref at sunderland didnt help (funny how people go on about united or chelsea getting assists by refs to win games but when Liverpool get a ref who gives shite decisions against us, all a sudden it is 'cant use the ref as the reason we didnt win, blah, blah, fucking blah).

People keep saying Klopp's had 3 transfer windows. That's correct, he has but, 2 of those windows were winter ones where fuck all quality players move. One of those 3 transfer windows opened a little over 8 weeks after he arrived as manager but because he's Klopp, he's supposed to have identified not just any old tramp to play for us but some world class player in the making that no one else has.

He's had one summer window and he brought in Mane and Wijnaldum plus Karius. When he was appointed, I said he needed 2 or 3 summer windows. I stand by that. He got us to a position this season I didnt expect for at least another 12 months.

Maybe Klopp's was naive with his style of pressing football but no one is telling me we've been shit from the beginning of the season. We've played some fantastic stuff up to new year that people shouldnt forget or dismiss.

If \ when klopp fucks off, the next type of manager we'll get in my opinin if we are not careful, will be more tony pulis level than Jurgen Klopp level.

I have a feeling that will happen. He wont be sacked as FSG like his status on the world stage.

Its starting to feel we are the "rebound" that isnt quite working out as he is not over Dortmund.

In fact, he will probably utter the immortal- "its not you , its me"! 

My thinking as well I said to a mate of mine last night he will need at least 2 more summer windows he will get it sorted of that I'm certain

i think we have some good players who are borderline to being alot better.

if some finished articles were around the place, they would be brought on with their influence so you would get added value in them that way.

having no winners out there at all on the payroll is a false policy and a shortsighted one. you'd also get higher resale for those borderline ones if we lay out on some quality.

when we get into runs like this, because no teams play great all the time, experience gets you through. the borderline decent learn from the whole thing and don't get hung out to dry.

i think there is definitely an element of this. yes, there has been serial bottling going on but there is not enough wise heads out there to prevent it repeatedly happening.

some of those borderline ones, if they win something, can then become the finished articles later on. it's a cycle we don't seem to be able get going and this has to addressed. costs money initially but managed right, can then pay for itself.

Yeah, we got screwed over around New Year with the 2 games in 2 days. The only change to that starting 11 for the Sunderland game, was Sicknote for Hendo. After a high pressure game v City 48 hours earlier. Now, fitness is everything with Klopp, but most of them players mustn't have been anywhere near full fitness that day. Rotate? Klopp, obviously doesn't trust anyone outside the 1st 12 or 13 to come in and do a job. Yet he still thought he could get away with letting another Window pass. I understand the winter window isn't that good if you want to get someone who's going to walk into our 1st team, but we desperately need some squad players too, to buy a Midfielder better than Kevin Stewart, a LB better than Moreno, a CD better than Lucas (although we already had one here in Sakho), ditto Ejaria or Ojo can't be that hard. The cup games a few days later only reinforced that, and still we didn't do anything.

He will rightly get time, and he needs to be ruthless and learn from his mistakes. No room for any sentiment in this sport anymore. He should start now by making a new captain and should play 442 or 4411 till the end of the season. 433 is great if you have a midfielder who can tackle, one who can take hold of the game and one who can pass. We have none.

You cannot press an 8 man defence or a long ball team. Beating packed defences requires width, good set pieces and a ruthless striker. Again we're lack.

" just when we think we're on our way up, they drag us back down " Sylv for assistant boss.

• Upvote 1

I love the Klopp Lord but if you only really have one style of play it's either very naive or over enthusiasm that leads you to give Monday night Football break-downs of your tactics and movement and all your main strengths. I didn't like it when Rodgers did it and I didn't like it when Klopp did it. I hear the arguments that any manager worth their salt can work it out, yeah maybe but why give them a fast-track to doing that?

I would have preferred he just stay quiet, keep up the good work he was doing and most importantly stay in the race. The few weaknesses we had were there to see from the start of the season. Why not make some signings and strengthen, stay on Chelsea's shoulder and make a late run for the title? He needed a buffer team who could soak up some pressure when his attacking crew were out of puff or out of ideas. Also all this superstar manager, check-me-out stuff early in the season has not helped us one iota, unless you count the feel good factor and general love-in towards Klopp which was awesome to see but I'd swap his popularity for some resu7lts right now in a heartbeat. I think we should stick with him for years but frankly he has to adapt to the different demands of our wanker league.

• Upvote 2

He's made mistakes. Time will tell if he learns from them. 

Surprised the British press aren't pinning last night's defeat on him mentioning Brexit and Trump ahead of the game alongside an illustration of Vardy as a Battle Of Britain Spitfire pilot. 'For you, Fritz, the war for fourth place is over.' 

• Upvote 1

I've no problem with klopp so far, however I am annoyed that he hasn't addressed our biggest issue, which is clearly the whole back line.

I'm clinging to the hope that he only had a certain amount of money and decided to boost our attack with the likes of mane and wijnaldum. So hopefully this summer is the time for new defenders.

Saying that, if he truly believes he can build a successful team with a defence that contains Lovren, matip, Milner and Simon mignolet in it then quite frankly, WE ARE FUCKED.

So here's hoping he doesn't really rate our defenders

I don't believe his methods are flawless. Especially against the smaller teams. Firmino as a striker doesn't work. We've surely established that by now. I appreciate his hard work, etc but if you look back at the best strikers we've had in the past e.g., Fowler, Torres, Owen, even Suarez... We remember them mostly for the goals.

One important quality of a good striker is finding that little pocket of space inside the box, or that extra half a second to create a goalscoring opportunity for himself. Firmino lacks that. It's not his fault, he's not a striker. If you really have to play him, then play him as an attacking midfielder i.e. his natural position.

To salvage something from this season, Klopp needs to stop said 'experiment', and play either Sturridge (or Origi) as our striker and build our attack around him.

if we could by player for a single position on the pitch, what would it be? For me, it would be a centre mid/def mid. But if that question was put to the Forum, it would be split between a GK, a LB, a CD, a CM and a striker. That's how shit we are and how many good signings we need in the Summer. But most of us on here knew this when took over. To be talking of that many players we desperately need, 18 months and 3 windows into the reign of a manager of Klopps standing doesnt look good.

if we could by player for a single position on the pitch, what would it be? For me, it would be a centre mid/def mid. But if that question was put to the Forum, it would be split between a GK, a LB, a CD, a CM and a striker. That's how shit we are and how many good signings we need in the Summer. But most of us on here knew this when took over. To be talking of that many players we desperately need, 18 months and 3 windows into the reign of a manager of Klopps standing doesnt look good.

Mignolet

Clyne

Matip

Lovren

Milner

Kante

Henderson

Mane

Lallana

Coutinho

Firmino

That's our best team with a slight adjustment to the formation and a monster in alongside our most creative midfielder protecting the centre backs and covering our attacking full backs. I know we can't get Kante but he's not the only player of this type in the world. I might well be the best but there are others.

This is the only way Klopp is going to get any success with these players.

I'm done with Klopp and want him gone.

I'll be brutally honest, I've completely lost faith in him.

I have no confidence whatsoever in Klopp sorting out all our problems in the summer either.

I just cannot fathom why he is being so loyal to players that he inherited. If he signed them at least I could understand. Why did he not fuck off Mignolet and Moreno in the summer for example?

The signs were there in his first transfer window when he did fuck all. Any fucking idiot could have seen that we needed quality and how brittle the squads confidence was post Rodgers.

Most managers bring in at least one (if not more) players that they've worked with and trust in their first available transfer window to beef up the squad.

What made it worse was a summer transfer window that was completely unsatisfactory and then another January transfer window where we did fuck all.

What makes things worse is his stubborness to stick with players like Lovren, Can, Firmino when they are so infective in their positions and hurt the team overall in defence, midfield and up front.

When something isn't working, you change things and mix things up. Not the same system, the same players etc week in week out. Unwilling to make substitutions when things are clearly not working in games.

He's been found out big time in 2017 and hasn't had a fucking clue how to deal with it.

• Downvote 1

I'll be brutally honest, I've completely lost faith in him.

I have no confidence whatsoever in Klopp sorting out all our problems in the summer either.

I just cannot fathom why he is being so loyal to players that he inherited. If he signed them at least I could understand. Why did he not fuck off Mignolet and Moreno in the summer for example?

The signs were there in his first transfer window when he did fuck all. Any fucking idiot could have seen that we needed quality and how brittle the squads confidence was post Rodgers.

Most managers bring in at least one (if not more) players that they've worked with and trust in their first available transfer window to beef up the squad.

What made it worse was a summer transfer window that was completely unsatisfactory and then another January transfer window where we did fuck all.

What makes things worse is his stubborness to stick with players like Lovren, Can, Firmino when they are so infective in their positions and hurt the team overall in defence, midfield and up front.

When something isn't working, you change things and mix things up. Not the same system, the same players etc week in week out. Unwilling to make substitutions when things are clearly not working in games.

He's been found out big time in 2017 and hasn't had a fucking clue how to deal with it.

Sadly, I agree with this. The alarm bells were clanging for me when Seville were handing us a new arsehole for twenty minutes or so after the equaliser when it was case of 'when' and not 'if' they scored again and Klopp did the square root of fuck all to try and change it.

It's looking more and more that our good early season form was just a purple patch and we've now reverted to type.

I sincerely hope he proves me wrong but I just feel like I have been here before.